• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs. Wales (12/03/2016)

Yupp because this group of Welsh players has never achieved anything has it? :rolleyes:

Reason there's a hype around these players is because they're proven winners, and have the silverware to show for it! Core of the team has at least two 6 Nations ***les under their belt, with a couple having three, and our oldest player has 4!

Plus these same players also formed the core of a winning Lions team, reached a World Cup Semi Final and made it out of the pool of death in another!

Not a bad CV eh?

Of course there's always gonna be bias in the "our team is mam for man better than your blah blah" spiel, but it's not totally unfounded considering this is our most successful generation of players for a very long time!

I don't mean to suggest they are not good players! Plenty of Welsh players who I rate very highly, also a couple who I rate less highly than some. I just think the good ones are exalted to an unnecessary degree by certain sections of the fan base.

Not even the best in his family.

Is that Mark Waugh reference?!

I don't mean to suggest they are not good players! Plenty of Welsh players who I rate very highly, also a couple who I rate less highly than some. I just think the good ones are exalted to an unnecessary degree by certain sections of the fan base.

I do understand that certain Welsh fans (and journalists) over-hype players to a ridiculous extent, but the majority of us are trying to be objective about it. So when we're saying we feel, man for man, many of our individuals edge out their English counterparts, it's not always out of sheer one eyed bias.

Of course, in the case of some of the boys on here, it definitely is sheer uncontrolled bias :lol: same goes for a couple of the posters from England, South Africa, Ireland etc.

I do understand that certain Welsh fans (and journalists) over-hype players to a ridiculous extent, but the majority of us are trying to be objective about it. So when we're saying we feel, man for man, many of our individuals edge out their English counterparts, it's not always out of sheer one eyed bias.

Of course, in the case of some of the boys on here, it definitely is sheer uncontrolled bias :lol: same goes for a couple of the posters from England, South Africa, Ireland etc.

Sorry, but I would have Haskell over Warburton every day of the week.

We tend to overhype our players here.
There's a few in our team that would have been dropped based purely on recent performances if they were that england squad.
I really don't see how we can come to the conclusion we are better man for man.

I fully expect us to lose on Saturday, England have played the best rugby,even if only in fits and starts. When I watch us play I find myself thinking 'where are our points going to come from?' we don't create anything that troubles defences and up against a decent defensive side we rely on the bounce of the ball and the ref chucking us a few penalties.

The English boys want this one really, really badly and I think we don't bring enough to the table to stop them.

- - - Updated - - -

Of all the match ups that's one I wouldn't agree with.

Warburton has more facets to his game and is fitter.

All nationalities have fans with no sense of proportion, as all have knowledgeable and fair-minded fans. I wasn't suggesting any nationality is worse than any other, just interesting that the unrealistic asessments follows certain patterns with each nationality.

(Not withstanding the Welsh are all idiots, of course. Well, it is England-Wales week, gotta keep up appearances)

- - - Updated - - -

Totally. I'd take 70 minutes of Haskell over 80 minutes of Warburton.

You don't need to be sorry just because you're wrong, Haskell over Warburton is a ridiculous statement and you know it

agreed, i think most people would agree warburton is a better 7 regardless of nationality, i think hes just trying to provoke an argument

For the record you may think its amusing putting bull**** up that I haven't said, however if you think England will win by 20 have the balls to say it and if you do think that you are sadly either deluded or an escapee from a nut house.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Jonathan Davies, Faletau is the best no 8 in the world.

He's probably right.

- - - Updated - - -

Really Valley? Can you really not see how ridiculous this post is?
You act personally insulted when accusations are thrown at the Welsh scrum, but fully behind accusations thrown at the English scrum.

That is all they are - accusations, from both sides.

There are various pictures and videos that supposedly evidence the accusations that everyone is making, but these are usually examples out of context and misleading. The evidence does not stand and we all know that these issues at scrum time happen to everyone.

Please remember I am saying this is done by all press and all sides.

Check out David Flatmans comments on Talk Sport today, he said categorically that the Wales front row scrummage legally whilst hinting that Marhler doesn't

Please don't abuse the staff. Don't abuse anyone really, but... yeah... not smart.

This is a final warning.

- - - Updated - - -

That's your ironic example of sheer uncontrolled bias, right?

I like the use of red. Really makes it looks more warning-ey

agreed, i think most people would agree warburton is a better 7 regardless of nationality, i think hes just trying to provoke an argument

Provoke an argument? Really?

I was joking, only an idiot would have Haskell over Warburton, or tipuric for that matter.

The set piece will be so vital and hence the surprise that charteris isn't in the starting line up. Itoje and kruis look a real nuisance on opposition ball and i expect the welsh lineout to come under pressure.

The scrum is anyones guess. They all cheat and its a case of the style of the ref and who gets away with their little cheats. I really enjoyed the irish blog analysis of the scrums 2 weeks ago. Funnily i think cole is the one who cheats more and better.

As an england fan i really really want youngs and ford to outshine their counterparts. This is mostly because they are the most pivotal positions on the field, but also because i don't buy that biggar and davies are all that....sorry.

Please don't abuse the staff. Don't abuse anyone really, but... yeah... not smart.

This is a final warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay. Someone got it :D

This is a final warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Well tell your staff member to not stick stuff on here pretending to be me. Do you think thats a smart thing to do ? And how would you react if you were in my shoes ?

My comment is a toned down version of what would be said in the heat of the moment were we face to face, however apologies if I have overstepped the mark, although he is a wind up merchant.

TBF I wish Wales would pick Haskell instead of Warburton

Well tell your staff member to not stick stuff on here pretending to be me. Do you think thats a smart thing to do ? And how would you react if you were in my shoes ?

My comment is a toned down version of what would be said in the heat of the moment were we face to face, however apologies if I have overstepped the mark, although he is a wind up merchant.

You seriously need to lighten up mate :lol:

Despite Valleys and a few others, this has been on of the more tame England Wales threads I've seen. Only the one warning so far!

Probably down to the English being arrogant somewhere , intensifying their arrogance to new arrogant levels.

You seriously need to lighten up mate :lol:

Despite Valleys and a few others, this has been on of the more tame England Wales threads I've seen. Only the one warning so far!

Probably down to the English being arrogant somewhere , intensifying their arrogance to new arrogant levels.

We've reached such heights of arrogance you can no longer see it. Also VC, nobody for one second believed you said that, it's this thing called a joke. If you were incapable of spotting that, I pity you. However if you had said it, it would have been one of your better comments...

As my Grandmother always said: If you can't handle the banter don't go to the bantomime.

As my Grandmother always said: If you can't handle the banter don't go to the bantomime.

Well apparently you can't handle the banter and had to be protected by your boss.
However it was not meant to offend, all the best this weekend, just hope you are a looser.

Latest posts