• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs. Wales (12/03/2016)

The way I see it, when you break it down by grouping of positions you can see the following battles with the following winners:

Back 3: England
Centres: Wales
Half-Backs: Wales
Front Row: Wales
Second Row: England
Back Row: Wales
Bench: England

However, a combined team might look something like this:

1. Rob Evans
2. Dylan Hartley
3. Samson Lee
4. Maro Itoje/AWJ
5. George Kruis
6. Dan Lydiate/Chris Robshaw
7. Sam Warburton
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Gareth Davies
10. Dan Biggar
11. Jack Nowell
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathan Joseph
14. Anthony Watson
15. Mike Brown

It's certainly gonna be a close one.
Interesting. I disagree with around half of those calls. Just shows you its all about opinions at the end of day and like something else i won't mention, everybody has one...

Maybe delete the word British next time...

I don't know enough about other nations' press to viably comment. Just that ours is a little worse than the US, and notably worse than NZ (yes kiwis, if you think your press is bad, just remember what it was like on your OE to blighty).
I'm certainly led to believe that the British press is a bit of a trend setter in being utter garbage.

I don't know enough about other nations' press to viably comment. Just that ours is a little worse than the US, and notably worse than NZ (yes kiwis, if you think your press is bad, just remember what it was like on your OE to blighty).
I'm certainly led to believe that the British press is a bit of a trend setter in being utter garbage.
You think we're worse than the US?.....have you ever watched FOX News?

I used to work in Media Monitoring and while it was mostly British press, we got a fair amount of overseas content and from what I can tell, the press is the same everywhere.

Yes, the British media is unusually powerful (particularly print) and I think does set trends on abuse of its intended role (although it also does some very good things at times) but that merely makes us captain of the boat, rather than alone in the boat. And better our press than Russia Today. And better the BBC than Fox News.

The Daily press in any country are all as bad as each other, they are all selling papers that have just 24 hours before they are irrelivent so they have to put plenty of spin/angles/bull**** in them to try and exite people into buying them, you also have to remember very few are not aligned to certain party lines. People say controversal things in the press because although we all imagine ourselves to be not bothered by that sort of thing the truth is we all like to read the thoughts of some foaming mouthed nutter from time to time.

Last week Eddie Jones slapped down a reporter who made a big song and dance about the supposed targetting of Jonny Sexton. Its good that reporters get slapped for saying stupid things and long may it continue.

Bull**** is what I'm claiming the majority of the English rugby press to be.
Is what I said; by re-editing my post shows a lack of decency and a propensity for deceit, are you even allowed to do that ?

:lol: haha calm down mate.

The British press is more or less bull**** - hardly as if he changed your post to be an offensive remark!

Bull**** is what I'm claiming the majority of the English rugby press to be.
Is what I said; by re-editing my post shows a lack of decency and a propensity for deceit, are you even allowed to do that ?

Yeah, he's totally allowed to do that.

It's usually tongue in cheek humour. Honestly, lighten up a little.

valley commando; [COLOR="silver" said:
- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Just when I was starting to like Eddie J he comes out with unsubstantiated b**l**ks about our scrum still Robbie Mac has retaliated pointing out Marhlers illegalities, I just wish coaches would stop trying to influence the man with the whistle, (still EJ started it )

Really Valley? Can you really not see how ridiculous this post is?
You act personally insulted when accusations are thrown at the Welsh scrum, but fully behind accusations thrown at the English scrum.

That is all they are - accusations, from both sides.

There are various pictures and videos that supposedly evidence the accusations that everyone is making, but these are usually examples out of context and misleading. The evidence does not stand and we all know that these issues at scrum time happen to everyone.

Please remember I am saying this is done by all press and all sides.

It's not arrogance at all - we were lucky to win that match, and we could well get tonked on Saturday. I'm just saying that, as a Welsh fan, I no longer care about beating England as much as I did. Knocking them out of their own world cup was a moment of catharthis that exorcised any ill will I held towards the English rugby team, because I knew that no single victory against them could ever be as sweet again.

As a passionate but small rugby playing nation with a good strength in depth (perhaps the best we've ever had), why would we want our only aim in the game to be to knock our neighbours out of their world cup? I'm pretty sure the squad and the managers' aim was to try and win that tournament. It's a good job the management don't have such narrow minded "as long as we beat the English" mindsets. I don't support Wales for the fact that they could beat England once a year. I'm pretty sure that if England go on and win the Grand Slam they won't care too much anymore about not going anywhere in a tournament where none of the home nations achieved much.

England to win

Not sure where all the hype over the last few years comes from with the Welsh players being so much better than the English player for player.

I think this one is England's to loose just on the basis that We have home advantage and in my opinion England have been playing slightly better and the Wales attack being so one dimensional and generally predictable, admirably knowing what's comming and being able to stop it is something quite different.

All said and done the past few six nations has been so close between England, Ireland and Wales there really hasn't been a stand out team obviously Ireland have just pipped the last two but I would largely attribute that to the senior players giving them the edge to close tight games out, players they no longer have.

Would love to see Elliot Daly given a proper run out looks to be a real talent.

Not sure where all the hype over the last few years comes from with the Welsh players being so much better than the English player for player.

Unsuprisingly a lot of it comes from Jonathan Davies...

I think this one is England's to loose just on the basis that We have home advantage and in my opinion England have been playing slightly better and the Wales attack being so one dimensional and generally predictable, admirably knowing what's comming and being able to stop it is something quite different.

All said and done the past few six nations has been so close between England, Ireland and Wales there really hasn't been a stand out team obviously Ireland have just pipped the last two but I would largely attribute that to the senior players giving them the edge to close tight games out, players they no longer have.

Would love to see Elliot Daly given a proper run out looks to be a real talent.

To be honest we haven't had a close game against Wales in the 6N for 4 years (Stuart Lancaster's first game vs Wales) Wales hammered us in 2013 and we beat them comfortably in 2014 and 2015 .

Unsuprisingly a lot of it comes from Jonathan Davies...

"Obviously the same name as me is ideal ... failing that, the same nationality will do"

I feel every nationality has a weird relationship with their own players. The Welsh are like the Aussies with cricket - hyping their own players to excess. The English are like the English with cricket - no sense of proportion, and always a couple of bad games from labelling any player a waste of oxygen. The Irish seem fairly similar to the English. The Scots hype some and disparage others. Most Italians only know Parisse.

As for the French, who knows what's going on there

Latest posts