• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (09/02/2019)

Btw...does Zander mean 2011 or 2015, because Scotland didn't reach the 2011 Quarter Finals. Only game that year to be screwed by a ref was Warburton getting red carded. If anything he should be posting on the Welsh thread.

Good shout. Sorry did mean 2015! Scotland v Australia. I'll go onto the Welsh thread now though - obviously love my ref complaints ;)

Overall a good day out and ended up having a proper rugby discussion. I'd you had to pick 1 10, out of Wilkinson and Carter, to win you a one-off game where all other players are evenly matched, who do you pick?

Ooo...interesting. I'd take Carter as he had the potential to turn a game. Wilkinson is Mr. Reliable, but I'd take someone who can unlock defences and kick over a reliable defensive kicker.

@Zander Johns can I get a plate of whatever you're having. Lol

I thought Poite was actually very good today. One of the best refs in the world. Yes the hit on Hogg was cynical as was the one on Sexton. And few others but they're all legal and are part of being worldclass that ypu have a target on you

Sorry Tigs Man - too busy ranting.
Look - all good and actually despite my friend getting a nasty cut today from some flying glass from a fight that broke out (we weren't even that close) it was great fun.
As usual, Scots just party on despite the defeat. Actually hadn't even mentioned the game till I logged on.
Enjoy Japan. Looking forward to it

Look it's all good.

TBH being real with you I'm being massively hypocritical (As are 90% English fan commentating) because 100% the first call the ref gives against England tomorrow will be followed by 10 pages of WTF Ref rigging it against England etc etc. Heat of the moment stuff, Hell I'm still pissy about JP Doyle gifting Sale a meaningless Prem win a couple years ago against Tigers. Let alone Scotland beating England last year. (Owens was crap but anyway..... :p )

Don't let this put you off posting more, it's nice to have more scots on the board IMO.
And welcome to the forum.

I'm not fecking IRISH.

I'm not so sure.
What's Leicester most famous for?
Walkers Crisps.
What are crisps made out of?
I rest my case.

Hell I'm still pissy about JP Doyle gifting Sale a meaningless Prem win a couple years ago against Tigers.
Weeeeeeyyyyyyyy

Genuinely didn't know they were literate enough to have their own media.
Tut tut,Racism is alive and well here and maybe you should attempt to conceal your ignorance.You are on a forum where the topic is rugby and I assume you struggle with literacy yourself! Try and enjoy the competition without your inane rants regarding other nations.I assume you are enjoying watching the matches on tv?.I may be wrong but I think it was a Scot who invented the television ...

Tut tut,Racism is alive and well here and maybe you should attempt to conceal your ignorance.You are on a forum where the topic is rugby and I assume you struggle with literacy yourself! Try and enjoy the competition without your inane rants regarding other nations.I assume you are enjoying watching the matches on tv?.I may be wrong but I think it was a Scot who invented the television ...
Damn right. @The Alpha Bro should have got a Dubya......

@TRF_Olyy maybe you're Irish. You do support an Irish feeder club......
@Tigs Man is Irish no doubt about it lol

Lol no English men with Munster. All came through 1 of our academies here
pblkHdY.jpg
uOLss7A.jpg

Hmmm

The Alpha Bro's top tip #217: When questioning someone's literacy and using the term 'racism', use it correctly.

A lot of preciousness in here, must be brexit.

qVnBvDA.jpg

I hear you're a racist now, @The Alpha Bro . When did you get interested in that type of thing?
What's the official line the forum is taking? Only the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea. I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism.

Has there been any discussion over Hogg getting injured in a late challenge that subsequently lead to Ireland's opening try? Hogg having to leave the pitch? Looked bit dirty. Thought the reffing was trollop yet again.

Literally, my interest in today's match was Ireland not covering a 6 point spread in a pool I am. In. **** decision making. By refs who have clearly never carried a rugby ball just gets on my wick. That and not having a 100% record in my pool.

So why no penalty for the late hit on Hogg? Why no tv replay? Was this RTE coverage by any chance? Not even questioned, even with Scottish fans booing.

People will go on about Farrell and his late hits, but plenty of other dirt goes unpunished. Did Omahony attempt to wrap his arms inthe tackle? Nope.

Last edited:
Has there been any discussion over Hogg getting injured in a late challenge that subsequently lead to Ireland's opening try? Hogg having to leave the pitch? Looked bit dirty. Thought the reffing was trollop yet again.

Literally, my interest in today's match was Ireland not covering a 6 point spread in a pool I am. In. **** decision making. By refs who have clearly never carried a rugby ball just gets on my wick. That and not having a 100% record in my pool.

So why no penalty for the late hit on Hogg? Why no tv replay? Was this RTE coverage by any chance? Not even questioned, even with Scottish fans booing.

People will go on about Farrell and his late hits, but plenty of other dirt goes unpunished. Did Omahony attempt to wrap his arms inthe tackle? Nope.
BBC had control of coverage. RTE don't even show game.
On incident. It was a pen but nothing more replays did show Hogg kicked and POM went for block, missed and subsequently left elvow out which clipped Hoggs knee.
Hogg fell awkward which I presume was when he did shoulder, he held his head first, but POM didn't smash him etc

Last edited:

This is true there was a lot of it yesterday unfortunately for true standout players being that good simply puts a target on their back for the big hits which are occasionally late sometimes you get away with it sometimes you don't, Curry's YC seemed slightly harsh to me many Irish would disagree I am sure.

The game itself pretty much unfolded as a lot predicted (myself lncluded) tight game with Ireland combing out on top I did think by 60 minutes Ireland would have had a stronger grip, credit to the Scots though for staying in the fight they are slightly off the other nations (consistency wise) but are catching up couple more years of making a habit out of winning the majority of the tighter games and they could be real contenders.