• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

3rd TEST: South Africa v Lions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 7 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyhew, I'm not a 606 WUM. I'm simply highly opinionated and particularly stubborn in my opinions.[/b]
Not judging. I meant it as a compliment :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 7 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Karthago neg repped me for "Carthago delenda est" - not sure, it was ages ago. I was just working off his name, but with his background that turns out to be anti-african.[/b]

Ahhh thems the days. I still remember the WC Semi Final thread. Preswick going apoplectic, along with the entire English supporting contingent and giving me a right spanking over a .................. erm ...................... a comment I may have made relating to sumpin or other. I think I was neg repped about 8 times, and positive repped about 7 times in the space of a day. Now thats a proper thread!

Sooooooo did anyone take note of Zane Kirchber like i said you should??? I love being right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 8 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sooooooo did anyone take note of Zane Kirchber like i said you should??? I love being right.[/b]

To quote a well known football song:

"duh duh, duh, duh f*****g useless"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 8 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Macao's long post was good, covered most of the points. Although NH players are clearly better than SH, it's just that SH teams are better than NH. [refuses to put in ironic smiley][/b]

Oh jaysus

can-of-worms1.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 7 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Although NH players are clearly better than SH, it's just that SH teams are better than NH. [refuses to put in ironic smiley][/b]

what a philosophical theory! nah i dont agree.IMO, better players make good results and results make history and history make better teams.

Cheers

Yeah, of course history makes better teams, places with rugby history are always more likely to produce a tonne of great players. Just look at Limerick....it isn't a massive place but I'd like to see a list of players who've hailed from Limerick.

Currently playing professional rugby:

Jeremy Staunton, Marcus Horan, Jerry Flannery, Barry Murphy, Donnacha Ryan, Denis Hurley and Keith Earls....oh wait, and that's just one secondry school (St Munchins...and for the record, I ain't a Munchin).

So history does count for alot and it's why there'll always be a huge number of players coming from New Zealand and South Africa and why I always laugh when people suggest that Nez Zealand rugby is dieing....it has blips...that's it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 8 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, of course history makes better teams, places with rugby history are always more likely to produce a tonne of great players. Just look at Limerick....it isn't a massive place but I'd like to see a list of players who've hailed from Limerick.

Currently playing professional rugby:

Jeremy Staunton, Marcus Horan, Jerry Flannery, Barry Murphy, Donnacha Ryan, Denis Hurley and Keith Earls....oh wait, and that's just one secondry school (St Munchins...and for the record, I ain't a Munchin).

So history does count for alot and it's why there'll always be a huge number of players coming from New Zealand and South Africa and why I always laugh when people suggest that Nez Zealand rugby is dieing....it has blips...that's it.[/b]

Agreed +1

I think Foley and Keith Wood were Eductaed at St Munchin too. I didn't know about the others especially Flannery,I remember he started with Connacht .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jul 9 2009, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 7 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although NH players are clearly better than SH, it's just that SH teams are better than NH. [refuses to put in ironic smiley][/b]

what a philosophical theory! nah i dont agree.IMO, better players make good results and results make history and history make better teams.

Cheers

[/b][/quote]
That is true.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 8 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jul 9 2009, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers

[/b][/quote]
That is true.
[/b][/quote]

Agree

But I think SH players stand a bit above NH ones

among 6 RWCs 5 triumph belongs to SH

Statistics never lies

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 8 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jul 9 2009, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers

[/b][/quote]
That is true.
[/b][/quote]

Agree

Statistics never lies
[/b][/quote]

Ah yes...but who has the most runners up?

Is it 4-2? We're just getting your hopes up. Ireland are gonna win the next 5.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 9 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 8 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers

[/b][/quote]
That is true.
[/b][/quote]

Agree

Statistics never lies
[/b][/quote]

Ah yes...but who has the most runners up?

Is it 4-2? We're just getting your hopes up. Ireland are gonna win the next 5.
[/b][/quote]

I hope that believe me

I wish you to win that 5 RWC really ;)

Latest posts