• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 17th 2010, Second Tri Nations Test

Were the Boks Ripped Off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rossouw is a big loss for the Boks, I don't feel that Bekker has the physical presence that he has.
The scrum looks set to be on the light side as well.
Those said, he does add that extra quality line-out option.

Flip van de merwe has been called up, and should take Bekkers place on the bench

Ranger and Weepu in.

The All Blacks for saturday:

Mills Muliaina, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Rene Ranger, Daniel Carter, Piri Weepu, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Jerome Kaino, Tom Donnelly, Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock.
Reserves: Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Sam Whitelock, Liam Messam, Jimmy Cowan, Aaron Cruden, Israel Dagg.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/3920777/All-Blacks-name-Weepu-Ranger-to-start

yASSSSSSSSS cmon Ranger show em what you got

Hehe, secured my tickets to this game!

Well, I won't have another moan about Hosea Gear missing out, so I'll talk about something else.

How's Rene Ranger's catching? I know Henry wets himself when wingers catch balls, but I don't think this will be Ranger's strong point. I also hope he doesn't drop the ball. If he doesn't make mistakes, he'll be lethal.

I got my tickies too! ****** manus of a night it will be. You hitting the cittay after?

A bit of a surprise to see Cowan dropped to the bench - sure he had a poor game last weekend, but he was pretty good in the previous three games. Weepu certainly added something when he came on last weekend - hopefully he can have the same sort of impact starting the game.

Rossouw is a big loss for the Boks, I don't feel that Bekker has the physical presence that he has.
The scrum looks set to be on the light side as well.
Those said, he does add that extra quality line-out option.

Flip van de merwe has been called up, and should take Bekkers place on the bench

I agree, it will be a big loss to the Boks if Rossouw is ruled out. Bekker is a quality lock, but as you say the Boks will lose some physical presence without a Botha/Rossouw type lock.

Nice to see Dagg and Ranger there. Though they're taking a gamble on starting Ranger.

Would've loved to see Mathewson off the bench to spell Piri.

Should be interesting with Ranger starting and JdV on the wing again.
Teams head to head-
sanz10.png

It's safe to say this is another victory for the All Blacks. JdV on the wing and Olivier on the half position. PdV, you stupid ****!

Sorry for the bad language but this man is a moron. Worse is that he will probably bring on ***** James as well who plays like a wuss and *****slaps his opponents when he can't cope with the qualities of the AB'S

Why PDivvy is so stubborn only he will now... I'll just record the game and watch it later...MAYBE:p

I see that steyn fella reckons the Boks have no need to stray from that kickin game of theirs!. I hope they do try it again and get another thumping. Does he know the rules have changed from last year?

Hopefully it will be a good game where both sides will play determined.

I see that steyn fella reckons the Boks have no need to stray from that kickin game of theirs!. I hope they do try it again and get another thumping. Does he know the rules have changed from last year?

THe Bulls played this style all year and it was effective, the problem is execution, physicality and most important attitiude were missing at Eden. You Only have to think back to the Bulls game at Eden this year, they were not right mentally and coped a hiding.

The Blacks also play with a element of risk as there counter attack and off loading game has to be accurate for it to be successful. You could see that they were not put under any pressure in this aspect on Sat hence the reason they coasted through.

This Saturday should be better, however I see the Blacks winning their last home game which you would expect in the Tr-Nations as away wins are pretty tough to pull off.

Hope for the game's sake it is cracker, as last Saturday was billed as a heavy weight clash of the two strongest rugby teams in the world, but the only heavy weights present were Januarie and Smit.

Yass!!! I hope Ranger puts Banana on the injury list when he bulldozers him... Im glad Ranger is starting..

lol Rangers attitude cracks me up, the game when we played Wales, he told everybody when he gets the ball he wasn't going to pass it.. and he didn't..
And I just read at allblacks.com that Graham Henry asked him to tone down his error rate and he answered with, If I don't do anything I won't make any mistakes. lmao...

He's a true maori man

lol Rangers attitude cracks me up, the game when we played Wales, he told everybody when he gets the ball he wasn't going to pass it.. and he didn't..
And I just read at allblacks.com that Graham Henry asked him to tone down his error rate and he answered with, If I don't do anything I won't make any mistakes. lmao...

He's a true maori man
Well, give him credit for being open and keeping his word.

lmao, watch the videos at allblacks.com... some pretty funny videos the allblacks do..

Yass!!! I hope Ranger puts Banana on the injury list when he bulldozers him... Im glad Ranger is starting..

god I hope not, with PDIV putting JDV on the wing you never know what he'll do if we are without habana, I mean he could pick ruan pienaar to play on the wing.

Boks will be better this week, in fact I say we're going to win this one. Meatpie January to score the winning try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts