• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 17th 2010, Second Tri Nations Test

Were the Boks Ripped Off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
100 000 seats for a cricket ground!!!! australians must LOVE their cricket. Holy Crap. That's one thing i am a bit worried about having the WC in New Zealand next year. The stadiums their are SMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. :/

We're trying to make them bigger, honest...

It's just we're a small country...with little people.

A 60,000 seat stadium can fit like 6,000,000 of us. Have you ever seen a New Zealander in real life? We're not much bigger than 2 foot tall. The All Blacks are god like giants to us.

Oh ****. I used 'their' instead of 'there'. Hopefully cyRil won't find that. :/

Nah it's gonna be great. My favorite games are always played in NZ. I also love night games. Can't stand it when they play here in the afternoon. Makes the match seem low-budget. lol.

EDIT! LOL!!!!!!!!! I just noticed that for the WC 2011 France is in New Zealands pool. HAHA. They made sure they aint gonna poop in their porridge this time!

Last edited:
It's just we're a small country...with little people.

A 60,000 seat stadium can fit like 6,000,000 of us. Have you ever seen a New Zealander in real life? We're not much bigger than 2 foot tall. The All Blacks are god like giants to us.

So that's why Lord of the Rings was filmed overthere ;)

The frogs are in our pool.
We noticed as well. We made sure of it.

On a slightly different note, I don't want you to think New Zealanders are small people...we're pretty normal size. You can't fit much more than the capacity allows for New Zealanders as say, Welshman. I was joking.

The reason our stadiums are so small in New Zealand is really because...
We have a population of 250 people...
Most of them play in the Super 14...
The rest are the woman-folk, which we use to breed.
C A Iverson, My self, Ranger, Admartin, John Key, The Flight of the Conchords Duo and Gandalf the Wizard are the only NZ Males that aren't professional rugby players...Ranger is expecting the call pretty soon though. It's kinda embarrising. I know pretty much everyone in New Zealand by first name, but they laugh at me because I don't play in the Super 14. That's why I spend so much time here.

Do you realize what a 60,000 seat stadium costs in tax, when it is split 250 ways? Heaps, that's how much. So we're pretty poor now...
We were hoping no one would notice.

EDIT: The Frog pun is not meant to offend!

Last edited:
In reality, I am actually surprised by the size of the stadia in NZ.

I mean, really. Scotland has a population nearly twice that of new Zealands, and yet we only have 3 stadiums with a capacity over 24 000, and the three we do have are less than a hundred miles from each other, with 2 being in Glasgow.
Honestly, you guys have done well, or Scotland have done shitely in terms of stadia construction.

And me dog just got put to rest. Sniff. Sniff

The reason stadiums are small is because salaries aren't that high in comparison to Europe and the tickets have an average price.
When I lived in NZ, I had a weekly salary of 400 NZ $ after taxes ( working 40 hours) still needed to pay rent, buy food, so paying 60$ for rugby ticket is a lot of money.
Especially if you could catch the game in a pub and spend that money on booze.

on a side note
could chris jack earn another cap or is he past it? i used to love seeing jack play great second row in my opinion

Well he's playing for Canterbury this season so it's possible. I even read somewhere that he came back to participate in the WC, the same goes for McCalister and sonny Bill.
Hayman chose the money so he stays in the UK.

Well he's playing for Canterbury this season so it's possible. I even read somewhere that he came back to participate in the WC, the same goes for McCalister and sonny Bill.
Hayman chose the money so he stays in the UK.

Urm ... Hayman chose to make money with Toloun in FRANCE for the forth coming season.

Hopefully another win for the All-Blacks.

Ok, let me get this straight, so that certain New Zealanders (The obvious ones) don't jump to certain conclusions.

The team we are fielding this weekend is the most experienced team in our history. It's a good side. However, without Fourie du Preez, or rather, with Ricky Januarie there, we are struggling. Playing players out of position is also the road to disaster.

The Bulls success is thanks to none other than du Preez and Steyn. The two standout players for them, every year. We miss that dearly. New zealand had a very similar situation last year with MaCaw and Carter being injured. Which was precisely why i said New Zealand are rightfully the strongest team in the world. Stephen Donald? lol. we were always going to win that one.

There were two reasons we lost on Saturday. The first, is that for some reason, their mental preparation was screwed. They didn't show up. The second, was a helluva good display by the All Blacks. They would have thrashed anyone with that kind of display.

I am also not saying that if we had the best possible team we would definitely win everything. I'm saying that I, as a supporter, would be far more confident of South African victories.

Also, Admartian, i honestly don't care about your vendetta against our players or supporters. I know your kind all too well, and if you had actually been here a little longer, you would know that i am one of the few true fans who can think outside of the box. Nick is a good example of somebody that does this as well. you however, are just plain annoying.
Why you feel the need to direct stuff at me, I don't know. If it's anyone with a vendetta, I think a quick glance at the mirror would explain things a lot clearer.

I don't know where all of this is coming from, to call me annoying.

Nice using my comment about the 'obvious ones' - and the fact that you felt the need to use it. Seems you lumped yourself in it, and not me.

I don't have a vendetta against players (or South Africans - heck i've been, and are, friends with people that live over the North Shore :lol:); and just because I didn't feel Bakkies should be awarded with an IRON MAN trophy, doesn't warrant this from you.

It certainly wasn't personal on my part, simply discussing opinions and ideas (on a forum at that). Just don't make it personal just because those ideas are a contrary to yours.

Sorry if that was, at all "annoying" - or that you need to make this anything more than it is.:rolleyes:

I think it depends on what extent the banter reaches. Neither are prohibited. However the odd tounge in cheek remark is fine, but when it starts to be taken seriously by members, and the comments cause members anger and frustration, it turns members off the forum. No one wants to be told their team is usless or failing, and when comments persue it gets over board. If you want to see the difference between good healthy banter and unhealty, offensive remarks, I'd use the threads -
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...ica-v-Lions&highlight=South+Africa+Lions+Test - South Africa v Lions 1st Test (good and positive banter, favourite among many members)
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...w-Zealands-sporting-prowess&highlight=Infern0 - New Zealand's Sporting Prowess (A member called Infern0 rubishing all of New Zealand's acheivments, creating a bad mood and probably resulting in many New Zealand members leaving)

I chose the NZ Sporting Thread not to illistrate NZ can't take a joke, or that remarks against NZ should be taken more seriously, because that clearly isn't the case. It was just a controversial thread which resulted in many NZ members, who were getting enough crap at the time, getting really annoyed. I think there is a grey line between banter and egotism, as a rugby supporter, people will always be proud of their team, and relish the oppertunity to show their support. I think it does come up to the individual to think "will this comment create a healthy enviroment or not?", "will this comment be received in good spirit, or will it be taken as disrespectful?" and obviously the golden rule "If I was in the their situation, how would I take this comment".

Obviously it's not my job to police these type of things. Members shouldn't feel restricted when posting about something that they're obviously passionate about. My only wish is that comments were constructive or at the minimum, the comments come from a good place, and won't cause other members to enjoy the forum less.

I remember that thread! i thought it was good fun to be honest

The biggest rugby stadium in the world is Twikenham (82,000 seats). The largest stadium where a rugby game has even been played is Melbourne Cricket Ground (100,000 seats).

Wan't the biggest ever crowd for a game of rugby between New Zealand and Australia at Telstra Stadium in 2001? I think that was 110,000 or something. It was the Tutai Kefu game.

Wan't the biggest ever crowd for a game of rugby between New Zealand and Australia at Telstra Stadium in 2001? I think that was 110,000 or something. It was the Tutai Kefu game.

But Telstra isn't a rugby -only stadium. Twitkers is.

If the question were best ever Rugby venue instead it would have to be the late great Cardif Arms Park.

Urm ... Hayman chose to make money with Toloun in FRANCE for the forth coming season.

Hopefully another win for the All-Blacks.

My bad, I knew he didn't go back but was a bit unsure about the club. My apologizes

Donnely in the starting XV, good to hear his little injury is better.

Good to see that Allan Rolland Nationality flag was France despite the commentators saying from Ireland :lol:

Yellow card for Rossouw, it seems the n°5 jersey brings back luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts