• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 17th 2010, Second Tri Nations Test

Were the Boks Ripped Off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao meatpie januarie lmao!!... well I expect nothing but the best from the springboks this week

Ranger is a true Cook Island Man more like ;)

I think saturday night's game might well be a tight affair. But I think the Boys in Black will just pinch it

I got a feeling this games gonna be another outright win for the AB's but I still keep my prediction close

I'm also feeling slightly more confident. In fact, if we had Francois Hougaard starting, and Fourie du Preez there, as well as Francois Steyn, I would be more than confident of a convincing win. Will be interesting to see what happens with this week's make-shift side.

Pfft, on what grounds do South African's judge our Tri Nations campain last year? People seem to think that Fourie du Preez and Francois Steyn are the sole reason SA are not destroying the AB's, and yet last year when NZ didn't have McCaw and Carter for most of our campain, as far as SA posters were concerned, it was NZ's strongest team. We now have Carter and McCaw, this is not the same AB team as last year, and with this team, the full strength SA team would have been lucky to win 3 matches.
I don't mind SA posters saying "If we had du Preez and Steyn, we would win, only if they admit that their 2009 campain means very little with the absence of McCaw and Carter. THIS IS NOT THE SAME ALL BLACKS!

I love how everyone (the obvious ones) makes it out to be that the All Blacks can only win because of:

- a "non full strength" or makeshift Bok team;
- the Boks not playing well (instead of the ABs playing well and making them look bad);
- the Quota system.

:rolleyes:

Awesome how the ABs can't win a game (against the Bok) because they're good enough./sarcasm

Disgusting.

EDIT: @nickednz - exactly mate, spot on! +rep

Ok, let me get this straight, so that certain New Zealanders (The obvious ones) don't jump to certain conclusions.

The team we are fielding this weekend is the most experienced team in our history. It's a good side. However, without Fourie du Preez, or rather, with Ricky Januarie there, we are struggling. Playing players out of position is also the road to disaster.

The Bulls success is thanks to none other than du Preez and Steyn. The two standout players for them, every year. We miss that dearly. New zealand had a very similar situation last year with MaCaw and Carter being injured. Which was precisely why i said New Zealand are rightfully the strongest team in the world. Stephen Donald? lol. we were always going to win that one.

There were two reasons we lost on Saturday. The first, is that for some reason, their mental preparation was screwed. They didn't show up. The second, was a helluva good display by the All Blacks. They would have thrashed anyone with that kind of display.

I am also not saying that if we had the best possible team we would definitely win everything. I'm saying that I, as a supporter, would be far more confident of South African victories.

Also, Admartian, i honestly don't care about your vendetta against our players or supporters. I know your kind all too well, and if you had actually been here a little longer, you would know that i am one of the few true fans who can think outside of the box. Nick is a good example of somebody that does this as well. you however, are just plain annoying.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand exactly what you're saying Jer1cho. I think some New Zealanders (myself included) need to keep their heads on their shoulders untill the end of the Tri Nations, and even then try and hold themselves with a bit more dignity (admartin is usually alright more or less). I feel pretty sorry for you specifically Jer1cho, because I realise that while the All Blacks have been getting crap, you are one of the few South African posters who have been fair to the All Blacks, and the fact you do let facts and evidence rule most of your posts before your pride, is why you are a good poster.

HOWEVER, this display by New Zealanders, while embarrising me, I could have seen it coming and here's why.
We won the Tri Nations in 2008. and then had a grand slam. We seemed to be going well. We got thumped in last years Tri Nations. Since then, this is what has happened (not by Jer1cho, but by others) on this forum.
-The All Blacks fans have been told their team should probably be rated below France in the IRB rankings.
-The All Blacks have been lucky to get two players in posters world 22.
-The All Blacks fans have been constantly reminded of the Tri Nations of 2009.
-The All Blacks have been dismissed by almost every poster in the forum.
-The All Blacks players have all been considered over rated, has been's and often "never was's"
Now the problem with this is, especially when SA is doing so well, every bit of support for the ABs is met with the crap mentioned earlier and after being considered the best team in the world for so long, it seems it was very quickly forgotten. Never the less, I think many NZ posters need to take a step back and think about how foolish they will look if we lose. That being said, many NZ posters are idiots, especially ones who have joined recently, you can tell from things like "oh nah, AB's wasted the springboks aye? Yeeaah Bro".

Last edited:
Very good post. Sad to read, but i was witness to all of those statements as well. Fanboys will be fanboys.

How do you distingish banter and egotism on a rugby forum?

p.s. This is directed at anybody in particular, just an honest question

Usually by country of origin. South African fans are by far the worst. Some of the horse-**** written online by South Africans regarding our team is ridiculous. New Zealanders are the second worst.

The rest are not that competitive so they don't count... Oh wait? Is that statement hypocritical? :D

I think it depends on what extent the banter reaches. Neither are prohibited. However the odd tounge in cheek remark is fine, but when it starts to be taken seriously by members, and the comments cause members anger and frustration, it turns members off the forum. No one wants to be told their team is usless or failing, and when comments persue it gets over board. If you want to see the difference between good healthy banter and unhealty, offensive remarks, I'd use the threads -
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...ica-v-Lions&highlight=South+Africa+Lions+Test - South Africa v Lions 1st Test (good and positive banter, favourite among many members)
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...w-Zealands-sporting-prowess&highlight=Infern0 - New Zealand's Sporting Prowess (A member called Infern0 rubishing all of New Zealand's acheivments, creating a bad mood and probably resulting in many New Zealand members leaving)

I chose the NZ Sporting Thread not to illistrate NZ can't take a joke, or that remarks against NZ should be taken more seriously, because that clearly isn't the case. It was just a controversial thread which resulted in many NZ members, who were getting enough crap at the time, getting really annoyed. I think there is a grey line between banter and egotism, as a rugby supporter, people will always be proud of their team, and relish the oppertunity to show their support. I think it does come up to the individual to think "will this comment create a healthy enviroment or not?", "will this comment be received in good spirit, or will it be taken as disrespectful?" and obviously the golden rule "If I was in the their situation, how would I take this comment".

Obviously it's not my job to police these type of things. Members shouldn't feel restricted when posting about something that they're obviously passionate about. My only wish is that comments were constructive or at the minimum, the comments come from a good place, and won't cause other members to enjoy the forum less.

The problem on a forum is that you always have people who act like a bunch of spoiled brats. No matter what happens, they will never change. I seriously get upset when I see people saying things like them hating the Springboks and especially when the Apartheid-card is played when that has nothing to do with the situation nowadays.

To all people who bring that into the discussion I would like to say:"Scr*w you, open your eyes and wake up! It's 2010 for **** sakes"

The All Blacks got beaten 3 times by the Springboks. Something I haven't witnessed before watching the matches live. It was awesome but at the same time I knew it was something that was a very rare occasion.

I respect the quality of play the All Blacks bring to the field every day and sometimes my Springbok-heart clouds my judgement a bit about the chances to win (Same thing with the Sharks though hehe) but this whole cold war-stuff between South Africans and New Zealanders is going to far! Let's at least have respect for eachother. I know there were some issues with the Maori-players not being allowed in South Africa but come on! I wasn't even born back then. My dad wasn't even born back then!!! I mean, come on. Give it a rest.

And we Springbok-supporters are also disgusted by the head-butt given by that moron Bakkies Botha and his verdict by the diciplinary commitee is far to lenient to my taste.

Matches between SA and NZ will always be something special. Let's keep it that way, also here on TRF. I've only been here for a couple of weeks but the tension between a couple of people here is disturbing.

About the match: I sincerely hope the Springboks win, not just for myself, but also for the Tri-Nations. There's nothing more exciting than a last round where everyone can still win it. I much rather win the Tri-Nations with 1 bonus point or a try in the dying seconds of the last match than winning all 6 games without breaking a sweat.

So, uh, is anyone else pumped for this match? I hope Pierre Spies has a cracker. I'm so over NH wums coming into Tri-Nations threads with sweet bugger all to say about the game apart from how crap Spies is. :/

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a close Tri Nations either...though I'd rather us be up a game when we play the Boks in South Africa, then down a game. I'm not sure if anyone else has picked this up, but NZ teams seem to be having a bit of trouble winning over there, lol.

Soccer city will be neutral ground though. But with 85 000 fans there, it's going to be a mammoth occasion. I can't wait! Already have my tickets! what's the biggest rugby stadium in the world anyway? As far as i know it's the Telstra Dome in Aus. Something ridiculous like 100 000 seats.

The biggest rugby stadium in the world is Twikenham (82,000 seats). The largest stadium where a rugby game has even been played is Melbourne Cricket Ground (100,000 seats).

So, uh, is anyone else pumped for this match? I hope Pierre Spies has a cracker. I'm so over NH wums coming into Tri-Nations threads with sweet bugger all to say about the game apart from how crap Spies is. :/
I predict he'll be as crap as his usual crappy self

I actually really like Spies, so hope he has a blinder. Though i will be routing for the All Blacks again. Not working this weekend as well so can watch the whole match, not just the first half like last week =/

I see what you did there Olyy, sneaky.

100 000 seats for a cricket ground!!!! australians must LOVE their cricket. Holy Crap. That's one thing i am a bit worried about having the WC in New Zealand next year. The stadiums their are SMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts