• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CB Series

well it's certainly better than whatever it was they were wearing in the Twenty20, don't know whose idea that getup was.

Anyway much improvement by England from Tuesday, winning the toss certainly helped as well. Vaughan looking in decent touch, went a bit pear shaped but keeping wickets intact allowed Pietersen and Collingwood to form a decent partnership and then with Flintoff.

Worryingly for England, Pietersen has gone to hospital for a scan on his ribs.

On a positive note though, Paul Nixon was out for a duck so no chance of a repeat of the borefest that was his constant sweeping on Tuesday, it's hard enough staying awake for some of these games without the players making it any tougher.

The average first innings total at the MCG is 213, England have 242 but even bringing the lights into the equation, you'd still fancy Australia to chase this down with the power in their batting lineup and only 2 decent bowlers in the English team.

Never rains but it pours for England, McGrath cracked one of Pietersen's ribs so he's out for the series, all they need now is for Freddie to go over on his ankle and they can let the local geriatrics out of the nursing home for their chance to beat England.

The 12th Mans latest cd is coming to life... where the England team recalls all the Poms in the commentary team plus some Barmy Army guys into playing.

well I'm sure that Botham would have more chance of hitting some sixes even now than some of the current set up.

Ravi Bopara has been called into the England squad to replace Pietersen. I thought Mal Loy was in with a decent shout of getting the call up but there you go.

Unfortunately for England it looks like Ed Joyce will now start in Tuesday's game with New Zealand at Hobart.

Good reply from Bond, he was getting tonked all around the park but that last over has kept OZ under 300.

289 is a very getable target at this ground, not sure if NZ have the batsmen to do it though.

All over

NZ all out for 184, OZ win by 106

Great innings from Taylor before the inevitable collapse, he looks like a very promising young player.

NZ v ENG should be a good match.

We played well in patches, but then let it slip in others. Oz in good form at moment, we should beat England. Definitely missing Styris, Oram in the middle order and Mills with ball.

oram styris and mills might be available at about the 22nd of jan (or 23rd cant remember) but we really need them. i heard they were flying over about that time.

and what a hat trick by bond :) great comeback, he needed to do something though, it was going to be a huge total to chase. and 2 of the 3 wickets were in batsmen, which isnt the easiest thing to do :)

been impressed with Taylor, certainly looked very good against Sri Lanka and now backing it up against the Aussies.

The Aussies are apparently looking to put a score of 400 on the board, by the looks of the pitch at Hobart have they missed their chance?

plenty of matches, and decent pitches in aussie, left in the comp to put up a score of 400.

i'd laugh if the kiwis put one up against the english, but thats unlikly to happen :)

taylor could be fit for tomorrow, they think he just had cramp, and not pulled his groin

i hope that is the case

I am a big fan of Bond.

If he and Vetorri can fire at the right time the aussies will have to be wary.

that Taylor has some class too...rubber wrists

exactly, how can anyone not be a fan of bond. what he has done in the short time he has played international cricket has been inspirational. he generates good speed, he isnt arogant at all on the field. he is one of the most friendly people you could meet as well.

we need a decent batter, one full of class that will fire more often than not. we need someone like a crowe. Hopefully Taylor can full that role he has already shown. At the moment eveyone else, including the "stars" astle and fleming and co they need to fire if we have any chance in this series let alone the world cup.

Wasn't it Taylor who had problems with cramp against Sri Lanka, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep was him, he's currently undergoing scans etc in Oz to try and find out why he gets cramps and ways to prevent it.

Pretty poor total from the Black Caps 9/205 - They'll really need Vettori and Bond to fire with the ball to pull this one off.

But if anyone can grab defeat from the jaws of victory it's England.

This should be close!

This chase takes me back to when Gavin Larsen and Chris Harris choked the life out of teams... although Flintoff hitting boundaries doesn't help us.

Latest posts