• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CB Series

Congrats to England for finally winning a game on this tour- Flintoff really played extremely well.

For NZ, Patel looks like a decent prospect, as does Taylor if he can get the cramp story sorted. Also, getting Oram back might just be a big boost for them.

Can`t see Aus losing a match during this series though- the`re playing awesome cricket at the moment. Even with Ponting being rested for the next match vs. Eng, what bets one( or more!) of Gilchrist, Symonds, White, Hussey, Hayden or replacement Hodge coming off........

And then there`s the bowling- Hilfenhaus and Johnson barely looks like international rookies now, do they? And McGrath and Clark, proven match-winners both.

Yeah it's certainly looking like a lop sided series alright, can't see the Aussies losing a game either.

More bad news though for Vaughan, this time a hamstring injury, he's having a scan to see how long he'll be out for but it doesn't look good for Brisbane on Friday.

NZ should have won that match

they should have ran-out flintoff...the bloody bowler knocked the bails off the idiot

UK win with 1 ball remaining, and even that last run could have been cut-off by the bowler

granted Patel had a blinder and brought them within a whisker, but NZ must feel a lil empty after that.

I still see a NZ v AU final

but if it means we can see Pitersen again i wouldnt mind a UK final.

I should be there at the SCG this sunday - cant wait

Pietersen is out for the entire series, he's already returned home. I know he says he's a quick healer but there's no point in him rushing back for this series, the world cup has to be the priority.

bonds back might be out again, hopefully find out today thats its not a stress fracture. if it is he wont be back again and he will be stuck on 99 odi wickets :(

Anyone up for a game of TONK A KIWI!! :D

http://www.tonkakiwi.com.au

1223m with Roy... beat that.
[/b]

Hey truthy

did u watch the WA v SA match last night??

Did you see that inswinger LBW from Tait

I aint from SA

But you cant teach that.........the ball was old as hell, and that reverse swung only like a Paki can (when given time alone with the ball)

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!

Bond staying on tour
By JONATHAN MILLMOW - Fairfax Media and NZPA | Thursday, 18 January 2007

Email a Friend | Printable View | Have Your SayRelated Links
• Subscribe to Archivestuff
• Have your say

UPDATED REPORT: Shane Bond has been cleared of a stress fracture in his back and will stay with the Black Caps in Australia.

New Zealand's star fast bowler visited a Sydney doctor this morning and then had an MRI scan at 11am local time (1pm NZT).

New Zealand manager Lindsay Crocker reported to NZPA the good news today after Bond visited a Sydney sports physician for a bone scan which showed no damage.

He will remain on tour but it seems likely he'll miss Sunday's tri-series match against Australia in Sydney as he takes anti-inflammatories and gradually increases his net bowling workloads.

"It doesn't appear to be major structural, so we want to keep him here and manage him through. We'll just take it day by day," Crocker said.

"We've been down this path with him before, had bone scans, and it's a big exhalation of air for Shane and all of us when we know it's not that dreaded stress fracture.

"He's delighted that it's not that, but Shane shares the frustration of not knowing what it actually is."

Crocker said Bond was still feeling sore today. He was absent from training at the Sydney Cricket Ground today and instead had a pool session.

"We'll start getting him back into work, racehorse style, and if he does suffer any further reaction beyond then, we'll do some further investigation as to whether it's a disc problem or other things happening."

The news will be a huge relief for the injury-dogged player as well as the rest of the team and fans.

His loss would have been a massive blow to the Black Caps' chances of reaching the finals of the tri-series they are currently in against Australia and England but, more importantly, Bond is vital to Kiwi chances at the World Cup in March.

He has a history of back problems and had said if this latest comeback fails he will retire.

The New Zealand fast bowler did not complete the match against England in Hobart on Tuesday because of soreness in the back.

Coach John Bracewell earlier said a replacement for Bond was not being sought but his interchange players Jacob Oram, Scott Styris and Kyle Mills were being considered on an individual basis as candidates to join the side for Tuesday's match against England in Adelaide.

"I'm not going to rush them back because we've had a loss."
[/b]

happy about this. just need to give him a few days rest, play him against england on tuesday should be sweet i think.

<div class='quotemain'>
Anyone up for a game of TONK A KIWI!! :D

http://www.tonkakiwi.com.au

1223m with Roy... beat that.
[/b]

Hey truthy

did u watch the WA v SA match last night??

Did you see that inswinger LBW from Tait

I aint from SA

But you cant teach that.........the ball was old as hell, and that reverse swung only like a Paki can (when given time alone with the ball)
[/b][/quote]

Nah mate i missed it, but i'll look out for it on the news.

The Aussie team for the next match against the poms has been named.

Punter gets a rest so Brad Hodge has been given the #3 spot

Brett Lee is back, Clarke and Hilfenhaus will sit this one out.

Gilly is captain.

Australia
1.Adam Gilchrist (captain)
2.Matthew Hayden
3.Brad Hodge
4.Michael Clarke
5.Andrew Symonds
6.Mike Hussey
7.Cameron White
8.Brett Lee
9.Mitchell Johnson
10.Nathan Bracken
11.Glenn McGrath

Looks pretty fine to me- substitute the rested Ponting for Hodge and Clark for Bracken and I reckon that`s about the premier Aus ODI team.

The England team will give a debut to either Bopara at 4, or Love to open the innings, or possibly both if Joyce falls out of the starting line-up. Apparently Love was playing his regional cricket in NZ, anyone seen him this season- is he in form?

Also- never seen Bopara play, but apparently bats at 4 for his county, and he`s only 21- how do you guys reckon he`ll go?

Haven't seen him but it makes sense to have Loye opening the batting and bring Bopara in at 4. Joyce isn't up to this level so not much point in him starting.

they cant start that 30+ something yr ole

the future is key for these guys

start young now........breed them, dont bleed them

i aint going on sunday anymore - my connection fell thru

oh well i still got monday off work.......spend all of sunday on the drink at the pub, getting blotto

aw poor guy, ill be watching the game from my couch with a few beers in hand, no work on monday as its a public holiday here :)

well only in wellington :)

You can go to the beach cricket Tri Nations instead, i think they're going to Sydney after they come over here.

I might pop down to Scarborough next weekend to check it out..

Look at some of the legends that'll be on show...

Australia

Alan Border
Dennis Lillee
Jeff Thompson
Kim Hughes
Mark Waugh
Dean Jones
Damien Fleming

Windies

Courtney Walsh
Viv Richards
Curtley Ambrose
Richie Richardson
Desmond Haynes
Joel Garner
Phil Simmons
Jimmy Adams

England

Graham Gooch
Alan Lamb
Adam Hollioake
Darren Gough
Graham Hick
Gladstone Small(neck)
Robin Smith

That Windies must have the greatest beach cricket team ever assembled

back to the actual cricket.

england are playing like they have all season.

crap

7/118 in the 31th over WTF

People have been going on about Loye for I don't know how long, he comes in and looks quite comfortable, actually able to hit boundaries and sixes of all things. You'd wonder why he's never played before. The run out was shambolic.

It's funny though when talking about the differences between the 2 teams, they're just saying that Brett Lee was a bit expensive, if Australia had batted first then his figures would still probably be better than the best English bowler plus he'd probably have more wickets as well.

Latest posts