Leinster
zJUuXon.png

Leinster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
London%20Wasps.png

Saturday
Local Time: 15:15
Aviva Stadium

A team who is good enough to do well in a city of 1.5m people v one that literaly got sent to Coventry... Wasps will find that there's no room in the inn in Connacht and get sent to hell. It's very annoying when the champions of a competition are so obvious.​

The league records of these two teams is scarily similar but be score slightly more tries per game and they concede half a try more than us per game. Clearly we will win.

In all honesty Wasps are a very dangerous team as we are keenly aware, a lot of pace and danger in their backline with a lot of oomph in the pack. I'd take out pack ahead of theirs but their pack is more powerful. Heaslip picked a really bad time to suddenly be injured especially with word that Conan is touch and go. Still a backrow made up of three of Ruddock/Leavy/SOB/VDF isn't something to sniff at.

I'm worried about our backthree, it seems we may be going with Isa, Carberry and Byrne and while I think Carberry could be a very good fb Isa is needed there for this game, especially with Byrne's weakness in defence.

Our greater disruption could hurt us but I still expect us to scrape a win, very glad this is at home and looks like a sellout.

The league records of these two teams is scarily similar but be score slightly more tries per game and they concede half a try more than us per game. Clearly we will win.

In all honesty Wasps are a very dangerous team as we are keenly aware, a lot of pace and danger in their backline with a lot of oomph in the pack. I'd take out pack ahead of theirs but their pack is more powerful. Heaslip picked a really bad time to suddenly be injured especially with word that Conan is touch and go. Still a backrow made up of three of Ruddock/Leavy/SOB/VDF isn't something to sniff at.

I'm worried about our backthree, it seems we may be going with Isa, Carberry and Byrne and while I think Carberry could be a very good fb Isa is needed there for this game, especially with Byrne's weakness in defence.

Our greater disruption could hurt us but I still expect us to scrape a win, very glad this is at home and looks like a sellout.

Who's out?

I was under the impression that at the end of the season your tries scored get halved because it's so ****in easy to score tries in the pro 12!

I agree Tigs. Think Wasps are going well but will fail to deliver. Leinster by 10-15 points.
Just think it's a type of game Cips may disappear and the back 3 while all threats won't get ball. I don't think Wasps have the pack either and feel Leinster will play it tight using Henshaw up the middle. There has been alot of talk on Leinster back 3 having poor game last week and between that and avoiding threat of Wasps out widem

Last edited:
We haven't put two bad performances together in ages now, after last week's disappointing result we should be hungry to bounce back strong. Teams shouldn't come to Dublin to win regardless.

Would be a coup if Wasps won this one. I'd be singing a different tune if they were playing in their traditional ancestral home in beautiful Coventry.

A Leinster win looks right, I'd maybe shorten the score to about 10 points.

The fact is Wasps are still not quite there away from home. A lot better this season, but still we've allowed some matches to be closer than they should have been. That game against Connaught for example.

We can definitely win though.

Main worries are:

The breakdown which was really really nonexistent against Worcester. I think we didn't respect them and wanted to put a score do didn't put enough men in. Hope we don't make that mistake this time

Scrum has been wobbly

Cipriani has looked a little off for a few weeks. I feel he's trying to force things a little too much and not quite playing naturally. Hopefully the better opposition this week will make him go back to basics.

Tight defence has been porous at best recently

Looking forward to this game the most this weekend
Always support the English clubs in Europe....luckily wasps are a Barbarians-esque Franchise, so I'll be supporting Leinster :p

I meant more in terms of players not having played in Leinster jerseys for a good while. We had a lot more players away than Wasps.

Ehm why are you quoting me Hun x? Just answered the asked question asked so don't come in here giving me that attitude again babes ok?
- Groundhog xoxo

Ehm why are you quoting me Hun x? Just answered the asked question asked so don't come in here giving me that attitude again babes ok?
- Groundhog xoxo

Probably because you thought you was my spokesperson mmkay?

Looking forward to this game the most this weekend
Always support the English clubs in Europe....luckily wasps are a Barbarians-esque Franchise, so I'll be supporting Leinster :p

The Barbarians play great rugby!

Ollys still sad about Cipriani. Oh and Gaskell. Tommy Taylor... Myall, Miller...
Have I missed anyone?

Franchise franchise franchise............ God it's boring now.

Agree though I can't see a Wasps win as much as that pains me. The leinster pack overall is better & I feel Cipriani will go missing or do something daft. I also feel that despite the talented back line our lack of a big game breaking runner may cost us.

Franchise franchise franchise............ God it's boring now.

Agree though I can't see a Wasps win as much as that pains me. The leinster pack overall is better & I feel Cipriani will go missing or do something daft. I also feel that despite the talented back line our lack of a big game breaking runner may cost us.

Might be boring but it's true.

Latest posts