• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Keeping Farrell but dropping Ford is infuriating but inevitable. I just hope when we get to AI's Farrell is no longer starting.

Im actually surprised Trevor Davison has been kept in. But he's one of Deans first names on the teamsheet when fit...so he does something right,

But Ewells and Ludlow!!! Oh come on...really? Average and no more.

Delighted for all that Quins contingent.

Riley looks something special!

Now Eddie just don't break anyone please

Ah i didnt notice Callum Chick had been kept on aswell....another surprise for me...as i didnt think that would happen.

I like Atkinson a lot, don't get me wrong, but if you want a 12 who can be a play maker but also threaten defences with their size... what does he do better than Devoto?

I like Atkinson a lot, don't get me wrong, but if you want a 12 who can be a play maker but also threaten defences with their size... what does he do better than Devoto?
Not been rejected by Eddie having been called up too soon?

As for the rest of the squad - as it's a non-EPS, informal training squad; might there have been issues with the clubs about player release? 45 players; only Quins have more than 5 in there
If it's an actual indication of the intended EPS, then there's a huge number of WTF? options in there.

Last edited:
TBF from the scrums I watched last season he got destroyed at Loosehead v Tigers
He only played the opening 12 minutes against Tigers in the challenge cup QF then got injured. You're thinking of Kyle Cooper, the hooker we converted to loose head who ended up red carded from the scrums.

Will Manu's shedding of 6kgs help him avoid further injury?

Odds on Manu getting injured in camp?
Animated GIF

The one thing I'll add for Davison is that he can play either side of the scrum, don't think there's many English props who can do that currently so could be useful for a squad.
That's a fair point, does make a good amount of difference.

i see Elliott Daly has had an operation and is not available for the AI's....

Quotes from Eddie: "We are now selecting for the World Cup in mind.

"Some of the experienced players we have left out we feel it is a good time for them to refresh and get ready for a spot.

"The door is not closed, they have to refresh, refocus and challenge again. I'm sure you have asked someone for a date and been knocked back."

Be interesting to see when the AIs come around if he resorts back to the old guys after this training squad. Presuming that he doesn't would like to see something like:

Marler, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Curry, Underhill, Dombrandt
Randall, Smith, Watson, Tuilagi, Slade, Radwan, Steward

Subs: Blamire, Genge, Stuart, Lawes, Ludlam, Robson, Farrell, Malins

Latest posts