• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v South Africa

You have seen Aplon and Mvovo play, right? SA may have a weak fullback, but the wings cannot be faulted on current form.

How heavy/thick does the snow-fall (if it indeed does come) be for the match to be post-poned, and in this unlikely event, what would happen afterwards?

Edited just to ask, why don't the John Smit haters make better use of his nick-name, Barney?

Hes just as old, about as fat and just as threatening. (and he goes purple after running)
A wee bit random, but a valuable chirp I feel

Last edited:
You're lucky, you're only questioning one decision...

Oh, we're questioning plenty.

Fortunately Johnson has got enough of the key decisions about the 15 right that his intriguingly incompetant seeming selections for the 22 are slightly moot.

South Africa were lucky to beat rather then draw with Ireland, struggled to beat Wales, and lost to Scotland.

England lost to New Zealand (who beat Ireland comfortably, and walloped Scotland), but thumped Australia and beat Samoa.

On that form, I have to say England by 15.

How heavy/thick does the snow-fall (if it indeed does come) be for the match to be post-poned, and in this unlikely event, what would happen afterwards?
I'm not sure they would cancel it if it did snow,
The only reason I think it would get cancelled was if travel arrangements were really disrupted (trains/roads closed down) - but even then they may go ahead, because there's no way of rescheduling the match, and refunding 50% of the tickets is better than 100%

This one will be decided by the weather!

SA wil be smarting from their loss to Scotland so expect a backlash from the bokke. This is Englands best chance in the last 7 matches to avenge a victory. Not only are they in form but the SA squad has been depleted with injuries. Having said that, SA have always had great depth and should be able to put up a good show and may even pull off a win.

To be fair, the Springbok injuries have probably strengthed the squad :p
If Habana/Smit/Burger were all fit they'd all play, whereas I rate their replacements much higher than those guys (on current form)

as far as weather is concerned, according to google London is one of the few European cities where there's no chance of snow on Saturday. There's a chance of snow in Dublin and Paris and even in Italy... and here in Edinburgh from today onwards (possibly why my match this afternoon has just been cancelled).

why has the england sarting lineup not been put up on the rfu web site yet anyone know the exact starting 15 for england ?? and SA

To be fair, the Springbok injuries have probably strengthed the squad :p
If Habana/Smit/Burger were all fit they'd all play, whereas I rate their replacements much higher than those guys (on current form)

Agreed. Bismarck du Plessis is much better than Smit. He just has to learn to cause less penalties, that's all. Willem Alberts is better than Stegmann and Burger. He has proven that this Currie Cup season and when he came on the field as a sub 3 times in a row now. Why Stegmann is still the nr. 1 choice next to Juan Smith is beyond me. Really don't have a clue. Habana hasn't been himself since the 2009 Super14 final in which he was amazing. Mvovo and Aplon are better than Habana in his current form and I hope for de Bokke as well as for him he regains his old form. It's sad to see Kirchner and Stegmann still in the starting XV when they have proven unworthy of the Green and Gold. They were both responsible for most penalties against Scotland and also against Wales and Ireland I was really disappointed in Stegmann. Kirchner is a nice enough backup fullback when you play Italy, Romania or Samoa but he is not suited for the big games.

Looking forward to this. England for 1st time in long time have a dangerous back 3 and well SA are liable to do anything

Imagine we had this team...

15. F Steyn

14. Aplon

13. Fourie
12. Juan de Jongh

11. Mvovo

10. Grant/Lambie
9. Du Preez

8. Alberts
7. Smith
6. Brussouw

5. Matfield
4. Bekker

3. Du Plessis
2. Du Plessis
1. Steenkamp

why has the england sarting lineup not been put up on the rfu web site yet anyone know the exact starting 15 for england ?? and SA
SA team was posted a page or two back
Not sure why the England team still isn't up, would've thought if it wasn't Tuesday midday it'd be Wednesday :S

Edit: Just read it's definately being released tomorrow,
Don't know why they've delayed so much as they've released everyone but the 22 for the match

Last edited:
Imagine we had this team...

15. F Steyn

14. Aplon

13. Fourie
12. Juan de Jongh

11. Mvovo

10. Grant/Lambie
9. Du Preez

8. Alberts
7. Smith
6. Brussouw

5. Matfield
4. Bekker

3. Du Plessis
2. Du Plessis
1. Steenkamp

Jean de Villiers in stead of Fourie and I am happy

I reckon england will take this one, especially if the weather conditions are in their advantage.

Weather might play a role but England is at the moment much better than SA unfortunately

I actually am worried about the English. They have been playing good rugby in their recent games. That being said, they are playing a team that has been very forward minded and used kicking as their attack. Isn't anyone else worried that England will return to old ways by getting sucking into matching the Boks head on and having a huge forward battle.

<O:p</O:pThat is the only way I can see England losing. That or the Boks click and start firing out balls to the backs like an AK-47.<O:p</O:p

Jean De Villiers is not what he once was, FAR from it. I know you don't like Fourie's hairstyle :p but he is a great no.13.

Latest posts