• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v South Africa

I really hope Seymour gets a call up eventually, he's been the best player for Sale for the past two seasons, I'm so thankful Sarries got rid of him :p
He played 7s a few years back, and was in the Saxons just after too, so I'm hoping he's still in the back of the selectors minds, and he's only 26 so if Fourie can get his first cap at 30/31 anything is possible
I'd like to see him get a call up, but there really is a wealth of talent in the backrow, so there are going to be some very talented players overlooked for equally talented players, which isn't a bad thing at all, I'd just like to see him in an England shirt eventually :p
Carl Fearns is a top blindside flanker from Sale as well, only 21ish too
I think most Aviva teams have good quality backrows, so it's definately an area (along with the scrum) where we're good for a fair few years. I mean, we could lose Croft through injury, and then to be able to replace him with a player like Robshaw, certainly not a bad replacement at all!

George Clancy is the Ref for this game

Last edited:
Boks will try and redeem themselves for last weeks disgrace, so expect a much tougher opposition than what scotland faced

The question is if we can actually give England a hard time. We miss the backs to really hurt England. du Preez, de Jongh, Fourie and Pietersen are big losses. The forward-pack isn't that bad. Bismarck is better than Smit, Alberts is at least equal to Burger. We just really miss Steenkamp

i can see england will win by 15 against a much weakened SA team who have lost:

Bjon Basson, Habana, The beast, and Chiliboy

aswell as lacking other important backs

The question is if we can actually give England a hard time. We miss the backs to really hurt England. du Preez, de Jongh, Fourie and Pietersen are big losses. The forward-pack isn't that bad. Bismarck is better than Smit, Alberts is at least equal to Burger. We just really miss Steenkamp

Not really, our front row have been doing really well.

But yes, SA would be doing a lot better if there weren't so many injuries

Would be surprised if either team annihilate the other. Expect England by 5. SA are not a bad team they are just not clicking. It will certainly be a very good test for the pack and if we can gain parity there then it goes down to the kickers and the backs. Flood is on decent form with the boot and I think we have it in us to get a try or two, so I think we'll shade it.

I think being more accurate, South Africa have some brilliant individuals who aren't playing as a team.

i can see england will win by 15 against a much weakened SA team who have lost:

Bjon Basson, Habana, The beast, and Chiliboy

aswell as lacking other important backs

Basson, Ralepelle and Habana (in his current form) aren't such a big loss.

Bok team to face England: Kirchner, Aplon, F Steyn, De Villiers, Mvovo, M Steyn, Pienaar, Spies, Smith, Stegmann, Matfield (c), Botha, J du Plessis, B du Plessis, Mtawarira. Bench: Strauss, Vd Linde, Vd Merwe, Alberts, Hougaard, Lambie, Jacobs.

Does that moron realise he actually brought a squad of 30 players?

PDV truly is a spastic... SA will be a could text for our forwards it will be a game won by floods boot.

PDV truly is a spastic... SA will be a could text for our forwards it will be a game won by floods boot.
....eh?

Looks like the England squad's not being announced until tomorrow. Don't get why they changed it from Tuesday to Wednesday :S

I think he is using Tapatalk and has his dictionary automatically correcting him haha. That would also explain the fact that "PDV truly is fantastic" is corrected to "PDV truly is a spastic"

Think England's got this one.
Scoreline will depend on the conditions but I really can't see S.A. bouncing back to win it.
Unfortunately for the S.A. fans there's something wrong at the top in S.A. rugby and it's doing it's best to destroy the talent below it.

England players released back to their clubs:
Anthony Allen (Leicester), Delon Armitage (London Irish), Dave Attwood (Gloucester), George Chuter (Leicester), Paul Doran-Jones (Gloucester), James Haskell (Stade Francais), Tim Payne (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), David Strettle (Saracens), James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester), Joe Worsley (Wasps).

As I said above: what's the bloody point in calling people up if you're not going to use them? They never had any intention of using Robshaw/Allen/S-D, so why bother?

Looks like the team from the NZ match, but with Banahan at 22, will be it.
Don't get why Shaw has gotten the nod over Attwood though, really really don't get it =/

Well on the plus side, the penalty count against the NotNots has increased this Friday. Sadly though that means HMS Banahan gets yet another warrant-less chance...

You're lucky, you're only questioning one decision...

sorry guys i ment

PDV is truly a spastic... I think th SA forwards will be a good test for us however the game will be won by toby floods boot

tbh if they can play (and against England they should raise their game) they can put up a challenge. I mean, JdV, Steyn and Steyn are all quality players, and they have a solid pack. Looks like their weak points are at 15 and on the wings.

Latest posts