• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: England vs South Africa, 24/11/2012

Lol, but ******* him off might not be such a good thing, Sharpe provoked him and got a reaction, hope this doesn't make him too aggressive...

Anyways, Bok-team will be announced at noon!

No such thing as too agressive if it is chanelled correctly and not off the ball IMO.

I expect very little change apart from Heinke coming onto the bench ahead of CJ- a big improvement- and I am hoping to see Taute at 15 (though not expecting) and Mvovo if Pietersen isn't fit. If Pietersen is fit it'd be great as HM might swap out Kirchner for Taute if it's the only change in the backline.

Apart from that I'd love Vermaak to get a chance though again I don't expect HM to go that route and wouldn't be surprised to see Vermaak play a totally different game from the one he is used to if he does get a crack.

No such thing as too agressive if it is chanelled correctly and not off the ball IMO.

I expect very little change apart from Heinke coming onto the bench ahead of CJ- a big improvement- and I am hoping to see Taute at 15 (though not expecting) and Mvovo if Pietersen isn't fit. If Pietersen is fit it'd be great as HM might swap out Kirchner for Taute if it's the only change in the backline.

Apart from that I'd love Vermaak to get a chance though again I don't expect HM to go that route and wouldn't be surprised to see Vermaak play a totally different game from the one he is used to if he does get a crack.

Heinke was along with CJ on the bench... So i guess it would be Pat Cilliers or JC janse van Rensburg which will be in the place of CJ.

True, I'd assume Pat to cover TH and Heinke to cover LH. I have a lot of time for JC JvR as well so wouldn't mind getting capped at all though I'd be surprised if he does get the neod seeing as HM doesn't give out caps easily. I suppose JC would only make the bench if Steenkamp isn't fit to play.

True, I'd assume Pat to cover TH and Heinke to cover LH. I have a lot of time for JC JvR as well so wouldn't mind getting capped at all though I'd be surprised if he does get the neod seeing as HM doesn't give out caps easily. I suppose JC would only make the bench if Steenkamp isn't fit to play.

And don't forget about Frans Malherbe... He's also there somewhere...

And don't forget about Frans Malherbe... He's also there somewhere...

Yeah, I wouldn'y play him though. He is one to maybe keep an eye on and is a big lad but has LOTS to work on still IMO and let him do that rather in Super rugby if you ask me. I'd say Marcell van der Merwe is much closer to the finished article than Malherbe but what do I know- I'm a wing!

15 Zane Kirchner, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Pat Lambie, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Gurthrö Steenkamp

Substitutes: 16. Schalk Brits, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Pat Cilliers, 19 Flip van der Merwe, 20 Marcell Coetzee, 21 Elton Jantjies, 22 Jaco Taute, 23 Lwazi Mvovo

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SpringboksintheUK/Meyer-picks-Lambie-drops-Steyn-20121121

Same starting XV with Pat Cilliers and Elton jantjies coming in onto the bench ahead of CJ van der Linde and Morne Steyn; both good selections IMO as I think Jantjies offers more than Steyn coming off the bench. Hope Jantjies, Mvovo and Taute get 30 minutes.

No Vermaak :( but its good that we ccan have some consistency when you take into account our injury concerns.

Last edited:
15 Zane Kirchner, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Pat Lambie, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Gurthrö Steenkamp

Substitutes: 16. Schalk Brits, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Pat Cilliers, 19 Flip van der Merwe, 20 Marcell Coetzee, 21 Elton Jantjies, 22 Jaco Taute, 23 Lwazi Mvovo

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SpringboksintheUK/Meyer-picks-Lambie-drops-Steyn-20121121

Same starting XV with Pat Cilliers and Elton jantjies coming in onto the bench ahead of CJ van der Linde and Morne Steyn; both good selections IMO as I think Jantjies offers more than Steyn coming off the bench. Hope Jantjies, Mvovo and Taute get 30 minutes.

No Vermaak :( but its good that we ccan have some consistency when you take into account our injury concerns.

Yeah, I agree... consistency is one thing we didn't have this year.

And I think by selecting the same starting 15 as against Scotland, is proof that the boys are hungry, and want to show what they can do. Happy with the entire selction of 23.

I've just been reading around on different sites trying to see what the general opninion is on the selections and can I just say again that this a great forum! I say this as the trashy comments that one can find on other site's comments section (particularly in light of Etzebeth's citing and subsequent finding of not guilty) from both sides of the fence make me cringe.

Well, being an international forum, with members from all over the world chases away the narrow-minded guys you see *****ing and moaning elsewhere. I love how we can have a serious talk on TRF and still show respect to one another.

Agree yes, the occasional ass-hole will pop up everywhere but the majority here are mature and love the game

In general pretty chuffed with the team, last game for 2012, makes sense to keep it as is.
Hope our guys will pull it off, my liver is fresh and rested...

Eze, fly over, gona have a mother of a ruga braai and my place ;)

Gena, don't joke about stuff like that because I will save up and come visit you next June to watch rugby and braai at your place ;)

I can be a bit of an ass myself at times but the levels of assholery regularly reached on sites like planetrugby.com and keo.co.za especially are beyond my reach.

Gena, don't joke about stuff like that because I will save up and come visit you next June to watch rugby and braai at your place ;)

We can all get together for a pot/braai-off and have a game of touch (I'm still recovering from trying to re-enter club rugby) as well.

Well,

Maybe we should plan something for June then. I will fly over to SA, we meet up at Gena's place (since he's been bragging about his awesome braai-festivals) and watch the Boks

Great, looking forward, pity it's winter then and you'll miss out on our ladies in swimsuits and golden tans but what the hell, rugby is more important

Great, looking forward, pity it's winter then and you'll miss out on our ladies in swimsuits and golden tans but what the hell, rugby is more important

Girls in swimsuits in Centurion... are you talking about around the swimmy pool? I can host something the next summer and then we can really see the best SA has to offer (ITO Camps Bay bikini's).

Replacements are improvements, I have very little problem with the team being the same (Zane hasn't actually been bad at all this year, and Taute is a prospect to develop - not a plug in a problem area).
Not much to say other than bring them on!

We should be able to beat them. I'd like us to take advantage of this consistency and up our game; better understanding, better decision making and some attacking intent and sustained intensity and we should be home dry (if that is the saying? LOL).

That said I can't help but be more excited by the what-ifs for what could have been this year and will hopefully come together next year. I am talking about something in the line of;

Beast, Bismarck, Jannie, Etzebeth, Bekker (on form if he can get top Stormers form to translate to Bok games; he actually hasn't had a decent run in a Bok jersey to prove/disprove), Louw, Alberts, Vermuelen, Vermaak (or Hougaard back to his best though he's been thrown around so much lately..), Goosen, Habana, F Steyn, JdJ, Pietersen, Taute. With a bench of Oosthuizen, Strauss, PSdT, Coetzee, Hougaard/Vermaak, Jantjies, Ludik or some somewhat similar version of this. TBF injuries havn't been kind to HM.

Last edited:
Girls in swimsuits in Centurion... are you talking about around the swimmy pool? I can host something the next summer and then we can really see the best SA has to offer (ITO Camps Bay bikini's).

Don't want it to go that way - this is not about who has the hottest girls - clearly you haven't been to Tukkies and or Loftus lately.
SA still has the prettiest ladies on the planet - ask ANY international visitor that is straight

Latest posts