• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final: Ulster vs. Leinster - 19/05/2012

Thorn and Cullen are our so vital for us tomorrow they will be the ones who give us quick ball and stop Henry (hopefully) both are absolutely brilliant at the clearout.

Thorn and Cullen are our so vital for us tomorrow they will be the ones who give us quick ball and stop Henry (hopefully) both are absolutely brilliant at the clearout.

Yup.

The breakdown's going to be very interesting - not many jackals, but tons of players on both teams who have been through the Cute Hoor school of ball slowing.

So pumped for this game can't wait, it's the first Heineken Cup game I'm going to see!

On the McLaughlin v Jennings combo, I certainly thinks he selection is down to the line out. McLaughlin may have a bit more grunt in attack but lacks the tackling ability of Jennings and Ulster should target him around the fringes. However his line out skills are necessary when playing Thorn and Cullen so I agree with the call.

Henry will be a key weapon for Ulster, his may have the vital ability to tie Leinster in. If Ulster can gain an upper hand in he set piece, they will spoil Leinsters first phase ball, from there Henry will be key if he can shut down any second phase ball threat and slow the game down Ulster will be able to defend. Now this is easier said than done especially with Leinster's attacking ability and set peace that I believe will stand firm. In my opinion though I would argue that Ulster's kick chase game is one of their major assets, I would play a territorial game if I were Ulster and pin Leinster back forcing them into making decision and then mistakes.

Easier said than done, especially when you have Rob Kearney at fullback

Of course it will be hard but every team must go into a game like this with plans appropriate for the situation. Leinster are the best passing and running team in Europe but Ulster have footballers across the backs, Kearney is playing brilliantly but McFadden is not the most experienced Wong at this level and if Leinster can be sucked into the breakdown then space may be available to thread some grabbers and box kicks etc.

I think Leinster will come out the blocks quickly with an edge taking an early lead but as the game progresses I can see goal kicking from Ulster keeping them close, however some patients and crucial skill will give Leinster the score they need to close out the game and win. Leinster by 5!

Just wandering, can anyone tell me if they will be selling jerseys, t-shirts, flags etc in and around Twickenham?

Don't know I'm afraid.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paddy Wallace becomes the tactical kicker of choice today, once the ball's in his hand the wings don't have a lot of choice but to stand fairly flat, he can slot it in behind them nicely.

Elsewise, I wouldn't really want to kick to either back-three as a rule...

good to see Afoa back in the lineup after his ban, adds lots of strength and guts to us!

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!

We have an interview with Rory Best over on sshoosh.com

Just wandering, can anyone tell me if they will be selling jerseys, t-shirts, flags etc in and around Twickenham?

Coonor from what I know there is a Rugby Store at Twickenham, which sells jerseys and such, although I don't know where it is.

When you're in front o the statue, go left around the stadium. It's super easy to find. Altho a bit pricey.

COME ON ULSTER
that way edinburgh can say we lost to the champions. oh and it gets a bit boring of leinster winning everything

Bit off topic in terms of gameplay etc but what's the craic with regards to wearing jerseys of other teams? I read somewhere that they're expecting to see the likes of Leicester and Toulouse kits around the ground. I'm not planning on wearing my Munster one by the way (!) but my missus wants to wear her Leicester top. Cheers

The HC final isn't just about the two teams there, it's about European rugby and there's always supporters from all over just come to enjoy it. Tell the lass to wear her Leicester shirt, there's something about it that brings the best out of Ulster...

It's rugby for god sake, you should be able to sit/stand it any part of any ground wearing any teams colours* and have no problems. Not soccer.

*This excludes the Welford Road terrace as it's full of tosspot glory-Hunters from Leicester City FC, whom are extremely hostile and aggressive to any away fans.

I've never seen hostility between two sets of fans.

Rugby differs greatly from most sports.

Serious butterflies building up now!

Off to the pub for the afternoon, enjoy the game chums.

wear that munster top.. i dear you! expect it will go down a treat.

On a serious note it is rugby not football so wearing another teams top shouldnt be a problem. When edinburgh played toulouse at murrayfield in the 1/4 final there were lots of glasgow fans around in their top. We of course would return the favours