• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Quarter Final: Leinster v Cardiff - 07/04/2012

Peter Rodgers was a little beast. Was unsure of Ben Evans ... some days he was good, others ... lets not talk about them.
Why are we reminiscing about the 90's?! I know Cardiff lost, but we still have other things to celebrate ;)

I'd love to see Bateman in this Welsh side. What an animal.

Also, we have successfully hijacked an Irish thread, as payment for the countless others!

Cardey was great (except for his hair). People complain about him today, but his debut was actually very good. Just got injured and Rhys Williams was excellent in the next match.

Weeeeelllll, that was alright, wasn't it? :)

Solid win, some lovely hands, but can't really take that much from the game considering how poor Cardiff were in the first half. Line outs were a bit sketchy, but I sort of expected that considering that neither Cullen nor Thorn are renowned for their line out work. D'arcy had a good game, as did most of the Leinster back line.

Lloyd Williams looks a player for Cardiff.

Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff. What are we going to do with you?

First half was poor, just pure naff matched to an flaming good Leinster team. Second half was better until they got within 15-20m from the try line then they looked lost and had as much cutting edge as a knife made of Blu-Tac. Only a few players, Jenkins, Rush, Hewitt, Laulala and Nugget atually looked like they were trying.

Not embarrasing but close. And based on that I'm off to the bookies tomorrow to put a 5er on Leinster winning it, they looked very good with ball in hand and in defence too.

And the thing is they're losing a lot of those guys, Cardiff are screwed next year

Straw Poll:

Who is the worse Cardiff 10? Dan Parks or Sam Norton-Knight

Great performance today. The back row looks back to it's best (Including Heaslip, great game) and BO'D is back him, Kearney and Nacewa were class today.

We could have won by about 50 if the line-out wasn't so poor.

Great performance today. The back row looks back to it's best (Including Heaslip, great game) and BO'D is back him, Kearney and Nacewa were class today.

We could have won by about 50 if the line-out wasn't so poor.

I know how hard that was for you.

Some of his touches today just showed how skillful he is. A brilliant single hand tap down from a lineout springs to mind. Obviously the hands for BO'D's try and the intelligence to come inside Kearney for Nacewa's try many would have stayed on the wing were other moments.

Nooo boys, no matter how bad Parks has been he can never eclipse that joker of a player.

Nooo boys, no matter how bad Parks has been he can never eclipse that joker of a player.

Agree. Norton-Knight maybe had one decent game during his whole stay at the Blues, Parks has had a few more decent games, although both are very poor.

Gotta remember that Norton-Knight was playing in a very good Blues team as well, one which had proven itself the season prior to his arrival. The Blues team has fallen apart since, and Parks has been both part of the reason and has also suffered because of it. The likes of Rush, ***o, Felise, Molitika etc. aren't half the players they once were, that's a big chunk of the pack that made the Blues successful for a season. They should have been able to kick on from there, but Norton-Knight put a stop to that almost single handedly.

<embed src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMTIxMTg1NzA0/v.swf" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

you are right Dullonien and Cyril, Norton-Knight is the King of Dreadful signings, getting dropped after December for Sweeney says it all

that Blues side was really good, Rush was awesome, Blair was playing well as was Molitika, and as a result it was those players which helped them win the Amlin Challenge Cup

Last edited:
Odd combo, Scrum V and a Chinese video site :lol:

But I forgot how bad that was, I'm fairly sure I could do better than that, all 6'4'' and 21st of me

....probably not thinking about

I don't know where you can online but isn't ITV 4 showing highlights of all four games on Monday night? Replacing there Premiership highlight show.

Latest posts