• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 3rd Test] Australia vs. Ireland (23/06/2018)

The All Blacks? Isn't that the affirmative action side they set up a while back? Might have to do some research because I haven't really heard of them, seems a tad racist though.

One of your compatriots fired a shot at the AB's had to follow up with a reply. They responded

Also I think you will find only teams that lose more often that win says all that matters in the now.
Agreed Ireland record recently is awful.

Ye take life to serious over there

Agreed Ireland record recently is awful.

Ye take life to serious over there

Not at all true, Ireland have done well, they have just narrowly won a 3 match series against the third best team in the southern hemisphere and we kiwis are desperate for a team that gives us a long term challenge. We are hoping Ireland are up for this long term. We were promised England would give us a run for our money but alas that does not seem to be the case. After years of belting South Africa by 30 - 50 pts and putting Australia in a mental home it truly meant something exciting when Ireland bet us in Chicago - most kiwis thought that christmas arrived early. We finally have a rival!

When we went back to Ireland, pulled their pants down and crushed their little hearts at home, it crushed ours as well because it seems the only ones who can beat us long term is the refs. And now they are playing silly buggers, even when beating France by 30 - 50pts it certainly does not help. Its getting so bloody boring to not have a rival anymore.

SO please Ireland, PLEASE, remain a decent team, beat us at the end of the year so we can at least get bloody excited about the next world cup that there is actually another team that can possibly beat us realistically.

I mean this respectfully but the Ireland I saw play Australia now would of got beat 3 - 0 in New Zealand and by 20 - 30 points every game.

Great to win the series in the end. Energy levels and general play wasn't near last weeks levels but they got the job done. They weathered the Australian storm which was good going.

The usual players stood up again and I thought Larmour was terrific off the bench.

Not at all true, Ireland have done well, they have just narrowly won a 3 match series against the third best team in the southern hemisphere and we kiwis are desperate for a team that gives us a long term challenge. We are hoping Ireland are up for this long term. We were promised England would give us a run for our money but alas that does not seem to be the case. After years of belting South Africa by 30 - 50 pts and putting Australia in a mental home it truly meant something exciting when Ireland bet us in Chicago - most kiwis thought that christmas arrived early. We finally have a rival!

When we went back to Ireland, pulled their pants down and crushed their little hearts at home, it crushed ours as well because it seems the only ones who can beat us long term is the refs. And now they are playing silly buggers, even when beating France by 30 - 50pts it certainly does not help. Its getting so bloody boring to not have a rival anymore.

SO please Ireland, PLEASE, remain a decent team, beat us at the end of the year so we can at least get bloody excited about the next world cup that there is actually another team that can possibly beat us realistically.

I mean this respectfully but the Ireland I saw play Australia now would of got beat 3 - 0 in New Zealand and by 20 - 30 points every game.

I'll give this effort a C+. The 'C' stands for cringeworthy.

Just saw this

DgXyPp8WsAAVD6U.jpg

Kinda ironic considering there's a union jack in his flag.

Ju

Just in case anyone was under the impression that this wasn't a wind up merchant.

Lol that twat who said the Aussies would smash us in 2011. Potato jokes aren't offensive, they're just not that funny.

When the English have to back up the slagging of Irish it shows how far they've fallen.
A grand year it has been.

As for Kearns I don't mind what he says as it seems anytime he speaks he ends up looking like a gobshite

Nothing like watching a game between two very evenly matched sides. Well done Ireland. Whilst Ireland is currently ranked 2nd, I get that feeling that Ireland is level with Australia and South Africa and thats a good thing.

Didn't New Zealand lose to Australia last year?
Yep Australia broke their 2 year losing streak to us late last year. Earlier in that year we thrashed them 54 - 34 and thats quite hard for any team to do.

Must add Schmidt got a few big huge pluses.
1. Hooker is looking like a super position now.
2. Lock position has huge depth. Beirne I know came on 6 bit well is an option and there is now 4 or 5 genuine contenders.
3. The backrow is crazy depth. Sean O'Brien, Rhys Ruddock and Van Der Flier would be a nice backrow for any international team. They weren't missed on this tour. That is depth.
4. Carbery is looking like with games he will be a perfect 22.
5. Wingers have depth too. But more importantly at 15 Larmour stepped in and well was excellent.

Latest posts