• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Ospreys

Mafi was immense, but any one of 10 Munster players could have got MOTM.

I got vilified for writing this on the Ospreys forum on Wednesday:

cyRil_89 wrote: What a load of old rot. If Byrne had been fit we'dve been respectable. As it is, we're gonna get humiliated.

Feel rather justified now, but not any better. I hate sport.

;)

Superb 1-15 effort. Very encouraging that we had 19 Irish players in our 22 as well. Paul Warwick is going to scare opponents into kicking the ball into the stand now, 3 long range drop goals already. He is pure class, would walk into the Irish shirt 10/15 jersey were he qualified. Mafi was even better than usual, serious effort from him today. Quinlan was the same as always, if he keeps this up (which he will, bar injury/suspension) He could well be an outsider for a spot on the plane to SA.

Thrilled with the performance and the result, looking forward to the Semi in three weeks time.

I think labelling Munster 'boring' and 'one-dimensional' is an old stereotype that needs to be well and truly kicked in the face.

think we've well and truly taken that tag over the last few seasons whereas Munster have just stepped it up another level altogether.

Ouch. That was a bit of a massacre wasnt it.

Watched the Leinster match and wasnt sure if I wanted us to win :)

Still, I've got what? three weeks to convince myself we have a chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 12 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ouch. That was a bit of a massacre wasnt it.

Watched the Leinster match and wasnt sure if I wanted us to win :)

Still, I've got what? three weeks to convince myself we have a chance.[/b]

yeah was thinking that but then at least the one positive we get from today is that we'll be one of the top seeds in next years competition, so the carnage to come is the price to pay.

Cmon guys. Listen I am thinking realistically when saying the following. Munster are epic and they do have a fantastic team and crowd. They clearly have momentum in both the league and the HC. But every team in any sport is beatable and I'm not buying into this Munster cannot be beaten.

It will be difficult going to croke park but you've gotta back your team to give them a good go and you never know. Leinster are in the semis because they've got a quality side that, I think, is capable of beating Munster.

Of all the teams left the one i fear most are Leinster. A few good outings in the League from them, abit of confidence and loads of motivation. There won't be too much between us come 3 weeks time.

Ross looked good today. About fooking time for a decent tighthead. Healy was no slouch either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Apr 12 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cmon guys. Listen I am thinking realistically when saying the following. Munster are epic and they do have a fantastic team and crowd. They clearly have momentum in both the league and the HC. But every team in any sport is beatable and I'm not buying into this Munster cannot be beaten.

It will be difficult going to croke park but you've gotta back your team to give them a good go and you never know. Leinster are in the semis because they've got a quality side that, I think, is capable of beating Munster.[/b]

capable yes but the liklihood of us pulling out a performance against them is slim at best, their defence is just as impressive as ours yet they're using their backs far more effectively than we are, they've got a proper set of half backs while we've got tweedle dum and tweedle dee (against Munster only for Dr Phil), that's where the game will be decided and even should something happen to either O'Gara or O'Leary they've still for Warwick and Stringer to call upon.

I agree An Tarbh that the halfback performances may be the most crucial area in the SF. But Leinster certainly have the grunt up front to take on Munster and Id like to see the likes of Jackman, Heaslip and Cullen really taking it to the Munster forwards.

I just think people need to adopt Munsters never back down for anyone mentality, as assuming that you are going to lose before you even KO means your pretty much down before youve started.

I don't think our mentality can really be questioned after today but we all know that a repeat performance won't see us home against a Munster side in full stride.

Well that was a bit of an embaressment to Welsh Sport in general, the 'best side in Wales' have definitly lost their touch. Things will probably pick up as soon as they get a proper coach, but still, that's not much of an excuse though considering how many world class players they have.
Munster were fantastic though, so hats off to them, and good luck to Leinster, I think you're gonna need it...

Munstered. Deep penetration. Every orifice.

Favourite bit was Mafi's break at 35 mins - runs on the outside from 10m line, stopped 5m out, stays on feet to offload, taken to ground, jumps up and hits ruck, jumps over ruck to try and block clearance - all in 5 seconds.

Munster can get even better. Hype for the semis will be massive.

Playing like that I'd stick Warwick in a Australia shirt. He's a focking awesome 15. And a brilliant 10 too.

fecking ausies, Imagine being able to ignore Warwick and Brock James. Fockers.

just watching the lads on RTÉ bit off the mark Popey, Munster will have all the tickets, sure didn't the fans this weekend join the Ospreys supporters club to get tickets for today, worked as well as there was nowhere near 6000 Ospreys fans in Limerick, will be the same again at the start of May sure don't a fair whack of Munster fans live and work in Dublin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 12 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 12 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 12 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://munsterrugby.ie/9457.php

That's the ticket sca anyway.[/b]

yeah apparently the 5000 tickets that went on sale this evening were sold out in 13 mins.
[/b][/quote]

30000 + 30000 + 5000 = Where's the rest of the tickets going?
[/b][/quote]

well that still leaves 17000+, have to consider those corporate bastions who have made our game what it is!

Well you'd expect 10,000 ish season ticket holders to take their quota (that'll be me). Given we have a regular attendance the local demand is there for at least another 10,000.

The Leinster branch will remember what happened last time, lets hope they do it right this time round.

Latest posts