• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. South Africa (12/11/2016)

I don't even... Roko has topped winger stats in the Aviva for years. He has no glaring weakness at all. He can finish, he can create himself, he has a great step, he's strong, fast, great under the high ball, solid in defence, decent at the ruck (good for a winger)... I'm baffled. Age is the ONLY possible reason I can think of but it's a travesty he has only been in an England shirt once.

32 at the next world cup is hardly ancient, anyway. It's definitely getting on a bit for a winger but when you're as skillful as he is you can stay at the top level longer, even as the speed starts to drop off.

CwwXKJJXgAA-73c.jpg:large

Shame about Rokko, he is Awsome would take Christian wade over Yarde, I know his defence has been questionable in the past but he is probably the best attacking threat we have, would be great to have him as a hell Mary option if things are not looking to good around 65 - 70 minutes.

"The million dollar question of course is what the make-up of the Bok back-row will be on Saturday. There are a couple of left field possibilities in addition to the more obvious one, which is that Nizaam Carr, who has worn the No6 jersey plenty of times at Super Rugby, will just switch from No8 to openside."

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/boks-a-team-with-a-plan-20161108

I am not convinced. This game is England's to lose.

"The million dollar question of course is what the make-up of the Bok back-row will be on Saturday. There are a couple of left field possibilities in addition to the more obvious one, which is that Nizaam Carr, who has worn the No6 jersey plenty of times at Super Rugby, will just switch from No8 to openside."

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/boks-a-team-with-a-plan-20161108

I am not convinced. This game is England's to lose.

It is indeed interesting. If we play Carr at 6, then I think Alberts will slot in at 7 ahead of Mohoje with Whiteley at 8. We will be pretty mobile then, without giving away the physichality part.

I see it's very top secret of what's going on in the Bok camp. Media not being allowed to be present during training.

It is indeed interesting. If we play Carr at 6, then I think Alberts will slot in at 7 ahead of Mohoje with Whiteley at 8. We will be pretty mobile then, without giving away the physichality part.

I see it's very top secret of what's going on in the Bok camp. Media not being allowed to be present during training.

Is Francois Louw injured? Because if he is not, I would think he would start at number 6 and not Nizaam Carr.

Last edited:
Is Francois Louw injured? Because if he is not, I would he would start at number 6 and not Nizaam Carr.

Yup, Flouw is out injured, and wasn't even considered for the EOYT. Along with Jaco Kriel and Marcell Coetzee.

The flankers on the tour are:

Willem Alberts, Uzair Cassiem, Jean-Luc Du Preez, Warren Whiteley, Nizam Carr & Teboho Mohoje.

If I were to take a guess. It would be a starting trio of Du Preez, Alberts and Whiteley, with Carr on the Bench. Or Carr and Du Preez swapping places. The fact that Mohoje played against the Baabaas makes me think that AC is not set on playing him against England. And with Alberts playing in the NH, and also performing well for the Boks in the NH, that he must start.

Yup, Flouw is out injured, and wasn't even considered for the EOYT. Along with Jaco Kriel and Marcell Coetzee.

The flankers on the tour are:

Willem Alberts, Uzair Cassiem, Jean-Luc Du Preez, Warren Whiteley, Nizam Carr & Teboho Mohoje.

If I were to take a guess. It would be a starting trio of Du Preez, Alberts and Whiteley, with Carr on the Bench. Or Carr and Du Preez swapping places. The fact that Mohoje played against the Baabaas makes me think that AC is not set on playing him against England. And with Alberts playing in the NH, and also performing well for the Boks in the NH, that he must start.

Damn I did not even see he was not in the squad... Then my guess will be Carr at 6 and Alberts at 7. But I would love to see Du Preez, Alberts and Whiteley.

Interesting read regarding South Africa vs England Prediction: http://www.thesportfreak.com/rugby/south-africa-vs-england-prediction-preview/

Damn I did not even see he was not in the squad... Then my guess will be Carr at 6 and Alberts at 7. But I would love to see Du Preez, Alberts and Whiteley.

Interesting read regarding South Africa vs England Prediction: http://www.thesportfreak.com/rugby/south-africa-vs-england-prediction-preview/

Let them write their predictions. I don't care.

What will they say when we miraculously win??

We really do have a chance at winning this match, even if we may not be properly coached (which I think will be different in comparison with the RC, solely based on the inclusion of JP Ferreira and Franco Smith).

We have the players. Beast, Strauss, Etzebeth, Alberts, Lambie, Habana, Le Roux, JPP have all played against England before at Twickenham, and have walked away winners.

We really do have a chance at winning this match, even if we may not be properly coached (which I think will be different in comparison with the RC, solely based on the inclusion of JP Ferreira and Franco Smith).

We have the players. Beast, Strauss, Etzebeth, Alberts, Lambie, Habana, Le Roux, JPP have all played against England before at Twickenham, and have walked away winners.

I don't mind everyone doubting the Springboks, because deep inside I think we are going to win... But realistically I suspect we will lose.

We definitely have the talent with the players and with the new coaches hopefully it makes a difference. I do not think the new extra coaches have had enough time to make a big difference in the team, but hopefully I am wrong.

I honestly believe our players are better and more talented than the English players (not all of the but most). But if we are going to win then we have to pick the best squad possible. The coaching is par at best so we need the players to pull us through. We have not selected some of our best internationals like Bissy ( injured but would not have been picked regardless) , Duane and F.Steyn . So that leaves us with the players in our squad. I believe if we pick our best possible starting lineup that we will win. Dont pick DDA dont pick Mohoje dont pick Juand de Jong. Most of the squad seem correct but its four or five positions where we can pick better players. If we are going to win these players have to play. Why do they keep picking Mohoje? AC vehemently denied the use of quotas but surely he does not actually believe that Mohoje is our best player in that position after the performances he has delivered.

I honestly believe our players are better and more talented than the English players (not all of the but most). But if we are going to win then we have to pick the best squad possible. The coaching is par at best so we need the players to pull us through. We have not selected some of our best internationals like Bissy ( injured but would not have been picked regardless) , Duane and F.Steyn . So that leaves us with the players in our squad. I believe if we pick our best possible starting lineup that we will win. Dont pick DDA dont pick Mohoje dont pick Juand de Jong. Most of the squad seem correct but its four or five positions where we can pick better players. If we are going to win these players have to play. Why do they keep picking Mohoje? AC vehemently denied the use of quotas but surely he does not actually believe that Mohoje is our best player in that position after the performances he has delivered.

Well, our flankers are dropping like flies, so there aren't many better than Mohoje. But yeah, Mohoje is a quota pick. There is no way you can put Mohoje and Alberts in the same bracket. Mohoje is a one trick pony, and that is tackling. But even then he doesn't always do it well (the Argentina game in Salta is the perfect example).

But I'm very interested to see the team selected.

I wonder what will happen if I see this Backline:

9. Faf De Klerk
10. Elton Jantjies
11. Bryan Habana
12. Rohan Janse van Rensburg
13. Lionell Mapoe
14. JP Pietersen
15. Ruan Combrink

Why would they give the captaincy to Lambie only to put Jantjies the next game?

I know it is symbolic, but it would send a mixed message.

Why would they give the captaincy to Lambie only to put Jantjies the next game?

I know it is symbolic, but it would send a mixed message.

They only gave Lambie the captaincy because Strauss didn't play. Strauss will be back to lead the team against England. It doesn't mean that Lambie might not play at all. He can slot in at Fullback too, or the bench.

But his kicking was dreadful against the Baabaas.

I understand, but they still had 13 (15-Lambie and Strauss) to pick from.
When you give the captaincy to someone who's far from in form and hasn't played much lately, i read the coach is saying he's got plans for him. But then again, you know much more about this than i do.

I understand, but they still had 13 (15-Lambie and Strauss) to pick from.
When you give the captaincy to someone who's far from in form and hasn't played much lately, i read the coach is saying he's got plans for him. But then again, you know much more about this than i do.

It was an experiment, in an uncapped test. It didn't mean anything. Apart from the 2 props, Lambie was the oldest player in the team...

Latest posts