• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Ireland vs. New Zealand (19/11/2016)

All Blacks by 15.
Game breaks open in the second half... and Ireland don't get a roll on as the incumbent locks stop the lineout from working against them in the first half.

A few minor issues with the AB team, I feel our bench is a bit light.

Who is covering centre? Will they bring Naholo on and move Dagg to 15 and Ben to 12/13 if Fekitoa/ALB decides to have a shocker or are getting tired?
Cane or Squire are going to have to put in a monster 80 minutes. Squires a good player but I'm not sure about him being a regular starter and finisher.
Tuipulotu is still a better option than Barrett.

Kaino completely cut from the side, hmm.

Besides all that, I agree with Jones Boy 15+.

The line will vastly improve and we will be more disciplined. With ALB back we have a special talent at 12 which we missed at Solder Park, him and Barrett are going to be explosive with ball in hand.

Can't wait for this revenge fixture. Ireland no doubt will want a repeat performance and good luck to them getting two on the trot, it would really shake things up in world rugby.

If New Zealand need Luke Fitzgerald's comments to give them motivation to perform, they've a huge problem. They're a bloody good team and I'm sure they'll be keen to prove Chicago was a one off and reassert their dominance.

Equally Ireland will want to show Chicago wasn't a one off and won't be found wanting for motivation. They have a coach who won't allow that. A win for Ireland shows they belong with the best.

I'm not going to predict an outcome but think it'll be a very close game.

I think the fact NZ have gone three years without beating us will eat away at them, they'll be in tge game but fall late on. Year of the underdog ends here.

Whatever the result I expect to see everyone back on here after the match (even though i won't get to see it live Graaaaah!!)

Anyone know if there is someone doing a legal stream like NZ did for the last match?

The more I think about it the more this game is win-win for me. No offence Ireland but I don't really want them to beat NZ twice on the trot - nothing but petty jealousy I'll freely admit, we had our glorious one off wing against the ABs, you've had yours and I don't want you to one better so there. On the other hand, I do want the all-conquering All Blacks to topple from their perch, to open things up at the top a bit. So either way, I'm happy.

It was snowing today and it looks like it could be fairly cool tomorrow evening. Maybe there'll be a drop of rain in the mix also and a bit of a breeze.. maybe. That wouldn't be ideal weather for throwing the ball around. I'm not sure the islander boys will like that.

It was snowing today and it looks like it could be fairly cool tomorrow evening. Maybe there'll be a drop of rain in the mix also and a bit of a breeze.. maybe. That wouldn't be ideal weather for throwing the ball around. I'm not sure the islander boys will like that.

In fairness they could be playing in a bottle of washing up liquid and would still execute the skills perfect

Kaino wasn't "cut", well... That's the technicality of it I guess... But he's got a hamstring injury and they don't want it to tear. Or some muscle in the leg... What am I, a doctor?

Kaino wasn't "cut", well... That's the technicality of it I guess... But he's got a hamstring injury and they don't want it to tear. Or some muscle in the leg... What am I, a doctor?

Thanks for clearing that one up. I didn't hear that news. I'd prefer him there for the whole 80 at blindside with Ardie replacing Cane at 55-60m, but.. ce la vie.

But yeah, per your comments about Squire..... I don't like him starting, I think he's an impact guy. Would honestly rather have Akira Ioane. How often do you see that kid make the most ridiculous runs, how often do you see him get stopped in the first tackle this year? Has to be him after Kaino. Gets turnovers, absolutely smashes dudes in tackles, as I said, the runaways... Suites the ABs tbh.

Akira Ioane is exciting for sure.
I hope he doesn't get frustrated waiting for an opportunity and disappear into the French league or something silly like that.

The line up is as good as it gets barring injury.
Maybe it would be nice to see Naholo starting instead of Savea who can seem idle but the try scoring ratio Savea has is hard to argue with...

Kaino has a calf injury. He looks gutted about not being able to take part.

The more I think about it, the less happy I am with Squire and Cane starting. Thankfully Whitelock and Retallick are back. I still think Ireland will have the edge in the forwards until Ardie comes on.

Hopefully we see more of Akira in the near future.

Last edited:
I just want to say sorry in advance to the Ireland supporters. Sorry that the AB's are going to win by massive record margin in this game. ABs by 50.

The more I think about it, the less happy I am with Squire and Cane starting. Thankfully Whitelock and Retallick are back. I still think Ireland will have the edge in the forwards until Ardie comes on.

Hopefully we see more of Akira in the near future.

What's the general consensus on Todd, in NZ?
I was very impressed with what little I saw of him in the RC

Latest posts