• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 14

Seriously Langdon has to tour this summer, he's having a blinder

Can see why Saracens went for the Falcons loosehead, since Mawi has come on he's given away three penalties and offloaded the ball off the floor, in the saints 5m, directly to a saints player when recycling would probably have led to a try

Most impressive thing is both Sarries tries are from charge downs, had those have not happened on the evidence of what we have seen Sarries would be reduced to pens only. Very impressive defence.

How long ago was it, that the ref was being castigated by all and sundry for seeing the ball held up, and calling it as ball held up, before anyone had seen the camera angle that almost certainly showed a try?
by this logic, should all on field be try and the onus put on the TMO to disprove it?

That's brutal for Falcons but realistically they had a scrum and nothing else - every time the ball went out from it they had nothing for Tigers' defence

No.
Ref should call it as he sees it.
Fans shouldn't threaten ref.s.
I agree fans should respect decisions, refs shouldn't ever be threatened, with that said it doesn't mean a decision can't and shouldn't be questioned which is all I did…..
I think this is one of those situations where consistency is the kicker, I can see where your coming from with the cal it as he sees it, he even said he didn't have a grounding if I recall correctly with that in mind how confident can he be that it was a try.

That's brutal for Falcons but realistically they had a scrum and nothing else - every time the ball went out from it they had nothing for Tigers' defence
How do you not score against 12 men basically.

It's like they where afraid to do anything but scrum yet they need a converted try

I agree fans should respect decisions, refs shouldn't ever be threatened, with that said it doesn't mean a decision can't and shouldn't be questioned which is all I did…..
I think this is one of those situations where consistency is the kicker, I can see where your coming from with the cal it as he sees it, he even said he didn't have a grounding if I recall correctly with that in mind how confident can he be that it was a try.
FTR, I wasn't having a go at anyone at all. I haven't seen yesterday's incident, so cannot and will no comment. It was more in reference to the Scottish non-try, where the abuse of the ref absolutely was OTT, with fans directly stating that the ref should have made an on-field decision of try despite explicitly seeing the ball held up, and not seeing a grounding at any point in time.

From what you're saying, that means that yesterday's ref should also have had an on-field decision of "no try" or at least asked "try, yes or no?" depending on what they did or did not see.
I would follow that up with not blaming a ref for not wanting to be put in the same situation as Berry (and numerous other refs recently)

What the hell happened there?

ETA: isolated Reid with 2 runners, and passed to the right one.

Last edited:
Fin Smith is some talent. At what point does he move ahead of Marcus in the England stakes?

Sleightholme probably deserves a call up too.

Fin Smith is some talent. At what point does he move ahead of Marcus in the England stakes?

For some of us, he already is.

For some on merit pure and simple, for some because of preferred attributes for a FH, for some as a preference to not change game plan due to a change in FH.