• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - England vs Wales - 25/02/2012, 16:00

Tuilagi was good, like Roberts made ground on pretty much every run. Dangerous player, on that form he'd walk onto the Samoa team easy (couldn't resist that one)
North would probably walk on to the England team, too.
Couldn't say the same for Cuthbert, Lydiate or Davies though, or Ian Evans in the Springboks.
I imagine Faletau would be around the Tongan side as well ;)

Indeed, seems England have finally solved their centre problem
What will be interesting is, when cipriani returns next year will owen farell be dropped, will he be moved to centre or will he remain unchallenged at 10?

What will be interesting is, when cipriani returns next year will owen farell be dropped, will he be moved to centre or will he remain unchallenged at 10?

What makes you think Cipriani will be anywhere near the EPS? He seems like exactly the kind of character that Lancaster wants to keep away from his squad. If he were to come back, he'd be behind Farrell, Flood, Ford and possibly Lamb. Not my kind of player.

North would probably walk on to the England team, too.
Couldn't say the same for Cuthbert, Lydiate or Davies though, or Ian Evans in the Springboks.
I imagine Faletau would be around the Tongan side as well ;)

Good reposte sir

I would agree with you on that, but he is a very talented player and if mallet gets the job rather than lancaster, he'll quite possibly get a shot

I doubt Cipriani will be in the EPS tbh. Despite the manager I think his time has come and gone.

Kicking my self for being so naive but I honestly didn't think the English would be throwing so many toys out of prams...

Tough test match, MOST peeps thought it would be, always gonna be controversial decisions (for both sides)... ****ing CHILL.

England played out of their skin (bright future), Wales weren't at their best but ground out a tough 7 point victory (well above the average proposed by fans of both sides) WTF!

Last edited:
It'd be nice to see some of the credit afforded to England for two away wins. They won in Scotland and Italy (as expected) and now we have won in Ireland and England (against bookies odds). Wales has a pretty young team to compare with England and on a different part of a learning curve but they have been played up in the media to be something they are not yet.

great game ,wales nicked it in the end but could have gone either way. England played way above themselves unlucky at the end with the held up try. Wales need to play to there full potential to win this 6 nations, but a nicked win away at twickenham with a sin binning is still a great result. I think England will be the team to watch out for in a couple of years

Bloody hell, what's been going on here then.

What do people expect to see from a penalty advantage? England got over the try and were arguably unlucky not to score a try, how is that not enough advantage? There's nothing in the rules that states that a penalty advantage has to last for 30 seconds, it's up to the ref, and he correctly (imo) deemed that a scoring opportunity was sufficient.

@jack6161. You're overreacting about the Priestland yellow card offense. It was a penalty, and deserved a yellow for repeat infringement (Walsh had warned Warburton earlier in the game), but for anyone to claim that deserved a red card is just crazy. There are professional fouls like that in every single game of rugby, be it players not rolling away, or hand in the ruck, or offsides such as this. Corbisiero knocked the ball on before Priestland tackled him, so there wouldn't have been a try anyway, but Priestland's act of being offside was the first infringement, so the decision made by Walsh was correct.

Walsh wasn't great for either side today. He missed a few incidents (North slapping the ball out of play, Robshaw taking out Warburton), and his handling of the breakdown was attrocious. Whilst watching, I thought he treated both teams differently, allowed England to flop over the ball, and have hands all over the ball at every ruck, yet penalised or told Wales to release the ball. Where was the consistency? I thought this prevented Wales quick ball for much of the game, whilst allowing England quick ball themselves. I mentioned a few instances in this thread, and feel it had a big bearing on the game. Was it just a case of selective vision, or was this actually the case? I'll re-watch the game again to see, but any neutrals notice any inconsistencies?

Last edited:
It'd be nice to see some of the credit afforded to England for two away wins. They won in Scotland and Italy (as expected) and now we have won in Ireland and England (against bookies odds). Wales has a pretty young team to compare with England and on a different part of a learning curve but they have been played up in the media to be something they are not yet.
While I agree with most of your post, the bolded ain't right.
The teams are very similarly aged, I think there's a 0.1yr average age difference.

I think he meant that it compares to England, as in both are of similar average age..

There has been a reported crash in London..oh wait that was the chariot. Dry i know, but hey ho. England were cheating all throughout the game, hands in the ruck slowing it down, dodgy line out throws, knock ons, with Walsh on their side. This created slow ball, and allowed England to put Wales on the backfoot, had this not of happened, Wales would have blown England off the park. What about the Warburton line out drop, surely a yellow at least. England won't go further, they just stepped up because it was Wales (You'll see). Although Wales played really bad today, worst in a long time. Strettles disallowed try was the right decision, he was held up and then when grounded it, it was behind the line.

I thought though, as soon as Farrell went off, England were playing too deep. But they did play well. Tuilagi is overrated though, he bumps one player off, and suddenly he is great. If players went around his legs as Warburton did early in the game, he cannot do anything.

Last edited:
Wales played well for 30 mins (10 of which we were a man down), England were probably the better side overall but the final score didn't show this.

Has happened to Wales in our development many times during the last two years and the media/TRF posters has pointed that out many times (Wales have'nt won a game with anything on it, haven't actually beaten anyone yet, lost when shouldv'e won, yadda yadda yadda... It goes both ways and good sides win games that they shouldn't.

England has a lot to look forward to judging by today... but so does the Welsh; grinding out those sort of results is an artform.

Although he fluffed an easy overlap Scott's try was great and seems to have been overlooked.

Last edited:
There has been a reported crash in London..oh wait that was the chariot. Dry i know, but hey ho. England were cheating all throughout the game, hands in the ruck slowing it down, dodgy line out throws, knock ons, with Walsh on their side. This created slow ball, and allowed England to put Wales on the backfoot, had this not of happened, Wales would have blown England off the park. What about the Warburton line out drop, surely a yellow at least. England won't go further, they just stepped up because it was Wales (You'll see). Although Wales played really bad today, worst in a long time. Strettles disallowed try was the right decision, he was held up and then when grounded it, it was behind the line.

I thought though, as soon as Farrell went off, England were playing too deep. But they did play well. Tuilagi is overrated though, he bumps one player off, and suddenly he is great. If players went around his legs as Warburton did early in the game, he cannot do anything. And i laugh at the comments that he is a 17stone monster. He is the smallest FOB i have seen. His family dwarf him.

CoughWumCoughCough

Latest posts