• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

Right, played a game now n the demo. The Demo is a bit wet. It's too easy, simple as that - We never even contemplated easy last week on the beta, instead dove straight in on medium (or in Cymros case, hard. As Fiji. Vs France).

I think HB may have dropped a bollock with regard to the difficulty settings on this.

Will final build run smoother than this ingame,as it seemed abit sluggish jerky in places?

Was pretty much everything I expected. Was playing 06 last night and this is basically the same thing. Side view didnt really help as I play the behind view, but I know that wouldnt really change anything.

Will I pick up a copy of this from poundland? Probably and It might give me a few hours of enjoyment somwhere along the line. I really do think that at this point in HB's rugby game making career though, its time to **** or get off the pot. I think someone made the comment lets see where they can take this in 2 years time. Really? We will likely be on another console by then, in which case they will have to bring 2011 to that, well 08/11 to that... or is it 06?

Anyway, glad some are enjoying it and its giving someone somewhere some worth. Enjoy.

Will final build run smoother than this ingame,as it seemed abit sluggish jerky in places?

Dunno about the final final build, but it was better on the beta.

This seems a bit rough and ready in comparison (and not just because my TV doesn't have HD and is a tad smaller.

In my opinion I think everyone that is giving the game a terrible review are basically people who wish that this game was the same as say Fifa 11 for example. In retrospect the game has a small budget from what I have heard and a big company like EA is not involved. I think taking that into consideration my thoughts on the demo are:
-The graphics are good, similar to Fifa and Pro Evo graphics just slightly worse, but still they are better than I expected.
-The gameplay seems good to an extent, obviously I would of wanted a lot more but it is still better than 08 gameplay wise.
-The difficulty is good, even for easy they score points and seem to get harder as the game goes on where as in Rugby 08 even on elite I was winning 50+ every game.
-I'm happy that there is online play even though there is no career mode option etc but then again it is Rugby WORLD CUP 2011.
-Dissapointed at how little options you can choose even for a demo, and only half a match.
-Dissapointed that it does actually just feel like a recycled version of Rugby 08 only with better graphics and less gameplay options. The animations seem the same and the set pieces are the same as in Rugby 08 (even down to the same options).

Overall I think I'd give this game a 6 or 7/10, its ok, but its not amazing. I still plan on getting it (I have it on preoder :p) and of course getting Rugby Challenge and comparing the two, and yes in my opinion the game play on Rugby Challenge does look better but I will get it mainly for the added gameplay options.

You do realise this is pretty much all you post, over and over again? Getting very annoying that all you do is come here and slag it off. If you don't like the game, fair enough, but you don't need to come on here and post about it all the time. Ever heard of 'contructive feedback'? Costruttivo commento?

Commento costruttivo!

anyway, you're right, but I followed the development of this game too long to don't have my say, and then this is a forum, so everyone can express their ideas. If you don't like my posts don't answer me! And then I can't stop, I enjoy reading answers like that! :D

I can only imagine how difficult it is to create a competitive game! Unfortunately they did not succeed this time, I am the first to feel sorry! (I wrote this last part right?)

However, it is fun, copies will be sold all over the world!

The side view is awful.

Im winning every game by atleast 14 points but i must say the side view is awful, it is really difficult to judge if you are in line with the opposing player, drop goals are difficult to judge and defendind is difficult because of it.

drop goals are difficult to judge and defendind is difficult because of it.

I've found them easier than rugby08, well tomorrow I will write better my impressions, because now I could make a little game at a friend's 360. I will wait tomorrow to download the demo on my ps3 for a detailed review hehe.

Demo is a joke. Completely lazy, uninspired product.

Are they the really fizzy ones with a tart taste? If so, not a fan of them either. ;)
Nah, they're just normal laces - except they lace them with heroin so once you start eating them you have to eat the whole bag....

Nah, they're just normal laces - except they lace them with heroin so once you start eating them you have to eat the whole bag....

Extract the heroin so you get a bit for only a pound! Everybody wins...

Hi all,

Just played the demo when I got back from work. First time post and genuinely haven't read the comments prior to this.
To let you know I am a massive rugby fan, I've already pre-ordered the game and no matter what will play it to death.
My thoughts from playing the demo- gameplay seems the same to me as 08 (haven't played in ages but seems the same). Lots of players bunching up like school kids and when you make a break the supporting player is always so deep behind and stuck in the crowd that he gets tackled instantly- not clever! Graphics are to be honest 3rd rate, not impressive by the standards of today. What else can I say, pretty disappointing but really the game is a cash in. those on this forum unfortunately only represent a small niche of those who give a toss- they will make some money and recycle again for the next world cup!!

Thank you Mr.Troll for the constructive feedback.

Nothing constructive to add really, they could've made a new game which I would happily offer my opinions about. But they decided to re-make a Playstation 2 Game which I played and got bored of about 3 years ago.

well iv played rugby 06 back on xbox and played rugby 08 on pc they particular the same and i really enjoined it. besides a few things that needed to be fixed and added, but it felt smooth when kicking the ball. the way the ball bounces and looks. in this new rugby game feels weird and cheaply made. i still remember when i purchased rugby 08 for my console i was scared that it will be not good and as soon as i played it i loved it, the gameplay in 08 i like more then this.

one thing ill point out that i liked in the new rugby game that rugby 08 didn't have, is when passing the player actually runs on the ball while in 08 he stood there when u pass the ball

ill try playing the demo again, as i have experienced with many games at first impression to be crap and later to be great. will keep updated.

I think the biggest problem is they should of at least, included med difficulty and end on view. They may of shot themselves in the foot with that one. Most people that will be posting about the demo and are first to review the demo are past Rugby gamers, some people do not have the vision to realize ( that when the AI becomes a challenge it changes everything in the way you play, you can't just throw the ball out wide and score every time on med or hard difficulty, the other difficulty settings are what forces you to get the most of the new features, other wise you can play it just like 08(haven't you noticed that the people who have played multi player are saying it is good) ("easy level" really dumbs down the experiance, I think it was a bad move to release the demo with only this difficulty level, and camera angle, people are very passionate about there playing angle so much they may find it unplayable in an angle they don't use. I played the demo for some time and then played a game of rugby o6, then went back to playing 2011 it was at that time that I really,really felt the new additions and improvements. The only area I liked better in 06,08 is game is presentation, replays of big hit, replays of big runs, this was done fairly well in o6,08,, maybe the demo had the replay cutscene towned down or off. But I will definately be buying this game first day out.:)
Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
Good to hear the feedback guys good or bad.

Some things to note though

- Demo is easy
- We limited the amount of options for the demo to default options. So that means sideline camera which has always been our default camera.

This is the great thing about demos, it lets you get a taste of what the full game will bring at the end of August. To choose not to play the full version is everyone's given right but the best feedback is constructive feedback.

Hey, Glen have been going back and forth with AJ on the forum on how to continue improving on the rucks for future ***les:)
Could I ask you politely, who made the decision to release the demo with easy difficulty? I think maybe alot of the negative reviews are because of that. On easy people are not forced to try the new tactics, and new gameplay improvments (like forward play)(defensive strafe function) and that is were this game is really going to excell and make a difference, also by being on this forum I'v noticed that alot of people see there playing view(side, end on, ect.) like a religion:) even though they like a game, they would hate to play from a different view of what they are used to, that in itself will ruin the experience for them? Suggestions, if there is any way this could be added, I gurantee the negative reviews will be less, or so I think.:)
Cheers and Salud

Latest posts