• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Australia - Ireland (17-09-2011 20:30)

I was at the game, Ireland had the crowd omg the crowd was 60% Irish, I sat next to NZ on either side of me and they went for Ireland also. Ireland also had something to prove to Australia and the world and they had more experience at RWC. Ireland did deserve the win, dont get me wrong, however Aus did have 50-50 calls on the scrums, yes our scrum was not as good but Aus getting penalties on there own feed is kind of stupid. Then we had 3 starting players missing, 2 the day before. No try was scored only penalties and a drop goal.

Good luck to Ireland in the competition, but I dont see Ireland winning it, I still see Aus with a very good shot in winning the ***le, they now can pull there heads out and get injured players back, we could easily beat SA in quarter finals and then semi onwards its anyone's game. NZ might lose to France this week, then it could be a Aus vs NZ final still... this is a world cup, anything can happen.

Agreed. It could be a kick up the ass te spurs Australia on to go and win it.

The French guys are right too. We're defintely underdogs for the Italy match....UNDERDOGS I SAY!

They could replace him with a 6 year old girl and see improvement. Bigging up Oussie front row players make any judgement about their pack an irrelevance.

As usual, Oussie are bigged up because of association with New Zealand (without ever doing a single thing of significance for the past decade) and like to chuck the pill around as if they're playing mungoball.

Put a big ugly pack in front of them and they're nowt more then shrinking violets. Ireland are the better team. By 15 points to 6.

Agree with that, and also don't discount the weather too. The rain helped Ireland in that it slowed both teams down a bit.

If Australia can't find a way to win when missing a few good players they simply don't deserve the world cup.

You say that but I doubt any team could. Would England win without... well all their players are ****. Would New Zealand win without Smith, Nonu, Carter and Mils? Would South Africa win without Matfield, Fourie, F.Steyn, Brussouw, Beast and Burger? Would Ireland win without O'Driscoll? All teams have a best player who they rely on.

You say that but I doubt any team could. Would England win without... well all their players are ****. Would New Zealand win without Smith, Nonu, Carter and Mils? Would South Africa win without Matfield, Fourie, F.Steyn, Brussouw, Beast and Burger? Would Ireland win without O'Driscoll? All teams have a best player who they rely on.

I give it about 35 minutes before this joker proclaims Oussie actually won the match. Probably some sort of bullshit "moral" victory.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas.

That is also a good point. Every team has a few key guys that make their teams miles better, tonight proved that Pocock is a big part of Aus playing well.

New Zealand probably would win without them seen as Mils isn't really the starter anymore and Sonny Bill is the king of the centre and well they seem to have a decent back up at 10.
South Africa would survive too

Ireland can't play pretty Lucky, The Irish team has given nothing to the world of Rugby for a 100 years!
Kick & chase, hands in the ruck, offside, kill the ball - Kick & chase, hands in the ruck, offside, kill the ball, thats it!!
New Zealanders will be familiar with this phenominom also. However I do admire their commitment to the cause!
The fact is that the Ref's intepritation of the laws favours sides who comit endles penalties in thier own 22 in the early part of the match, because these teams know that they rarely sent off, even when they know they are comitting, what is laughably called, gamesmanship. The Irish ITV commentor said the Irish Team should 'stop making silly fouls', the word he was looking for was synical 'stop making 'synical' fouls' or at least get the ref to stop it, send um off! Simple!!

England played through the 6 nations without; Sheridan, Lawes, Croft and Moody and still beat France (a.k.a you) so unlucky.

What is the "lol" for? Fairly sure he was picked up several times for not straight?

They only threw 2 Not Straight (and the 2nd one was very harsh). Just thought it was funny while I was being lectured on why I shouldn't even bother looking at a replay with a post that made incorrect statements about the game. It is precisely why we check the replay.

I remember England losing to SA in 2007 RWC Pool 36-0 then almost win final vs SA... Yes Aus might need this wake up call, better now than in the knock out stages... I still think Aus will beat SA and get to semi vs NZ/France ... u never know NZ v Aus final still, COMMON FRANCE TO BEAT NZ IN POOL to have a NZ vs Aus Final still HAHA!

I give it about 35 minutes before this joker proclaims Oussie actually won the match. Probably some sort of bullshit "moral" victory.

Just thought I'd ask, is he French or Aussie? (everyone seems to be replying he is an aussie)

They only threw 2 Not Straight (and the 2nd one was very harsh). Just thought it was funny while I was being lectured on why I shouldn't even bother looking at a replay with a post that made incorrect statements about the game. It is precisely why we check the replay.

I did use the word "about"..

I agree, they did outplay them but I doubt they could replicate it.

Why on earth not? Was it that wonderful a performance that nobody could ever match it ? haha Ireland's backs were poor today if it wasn't for inept backs coaching they would have ran in trys to beat the band today.

The Irish ITV commentor said the Irish Team should 'stop making silly fouls', the word he was looking for was synical 'stop making 'synical' fouls' or at least get the ref to stop it, send um off! Simple!!

Like the Australians did on many occasions killing the ball ?

Latest posts