• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - France vs. Tonga (06/10/2019)

Can someone explain how the french 2nd try was allowed, pretty sure the french had stopped time to have a conversation with the forwards?

Also was about 5 yards from the free kick spot?

Really weird how you can take advantage of the ref taking the front row out of the game...

Racks should not be playing for France. Ridiculous WR rules. He arrived in France in 2014 as an academy player.
Residency rules should be 7 years for u16 players, if the unions want to bring them over at that age then parents must also come over and be employed under current laws. Over 16 can be over on own but have 10 year qualifying period.
Clubs cannot write 'non international' contracts to these players and WR should underwrite the insurance for those players to play for own country.

Raka is French actually. He is married to a French I think. The union president said last year we would not select anyone who isn't officially french

That should be yellow late shoulder to someones back and late.....FFS that's a bottle call.

Really? The guy was fumbling it, and he made a legit tackle. Unless we are talking about different incidents... sometimes I think people here go out of their way to try find card offences.

Really? The guy was fumbling it, and he made a legit tackle. Unless we are talking about different incidents... sometimes I think people here go out of their way to try find card offences.
I don't think you know what a legit tackle is.

We must be talking about different incidents.
Which one are you thinking of? The two I can think of were an illegal clear-out (not a tackle) and an illegal shoulder charge into a man who'd lost the ball way before th tackler committed himself to an illegal shoulder charge.
Both were targeting the kidney area

Talk about a lucky bounce. Forward pass to that bounce, what a turn around.

Tonga completely lost the momentum. Don't think they have the fitness to push France in the last 20.

Tongan forwards are out on their feet as usual for tier 2 teams after 60 mins. Would be surprised if the French don't show another try before the end.

Latest posts