• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Italy

His mothers Italian. He has never even played flyhalf for his club side, Calvisano. He hasnt played 10 since high school i think it was. :blink:

It will be because I am a big supporter of italy but me the result I foresee it this way: SA 37 - ITA 20, take also me as a crazy person. :)

however italy has too serious lacks: parisse, castrogiovanni, lo cicero, bortolami, perugini..........they are all strong players and their lack will feel him during the game.....

forza azzurri!!!!!!!!!

Italy are missing there 4 best players, Parisse especially is a huge loss. I hope the Boks can put a performance together over 80 minutes rather than 20 minutes against Wales.

Italy are missing there 4 best players, Parisse especially is a huge loss. I hope the Boks can put a performance together over 80 minutes rather than 20 minutes against Wales.
[/b]
Parisse is considered the best no.8 in Europe hey? Such a pity for Italy, because it's gonna take the best to counter KANKOWSKI! :D

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Parisse is considered the best no.8 in Europe hey? Such a pity for Italy, because it's gonna take the best to counter KANKOWSKI! :D
[/b][/quote]

Yup, Parisse is a bit of a superstar, very similar player to Kankowski without as much pace.

Just watched the Rondebosch v Bishops game and it looks like conditions are wet in the cape. Hopefully the rain holds off

Well I live in Newlands and I haven't seen any rain. It's overcast and there might be light drizzle but I don't think it'll rain much.

How is Marcato doing? I'm not really watching the game properly - all I've seen from him is a penalty kick missing touch and him trying to redeem himself by playing aerial ping-pong for about 2 minutes. <_<

How is Marcato doing? I'm not really watching the game properly - all I've seen from him is a penalty kick missing touch and him trying to redeem himself by playing aerial ping-pong for about 2 minutes. <_< [/b]

Andrea Marcato is playing ok. Isn't really the best weather for the game. It seems to me that Marcato and McLean are switching positions constantly.

Wow, he's doing brilliantly under the high ball for a player with, what, 4 tests under his belt? Half of those being starts? :blink:

Utter garbage, the conditions have ruined the game and Steyn at 10 kicks far to much. Italy have been the usual, no attacking threat but a reasonable defense. Marcato has been ok, he just kicks though.

Nearly all of the starts, and mainly at fullback. Seems weird to me having Marcato playing fullback when he plays flyhalf for his club, and McLean playing flyhalf when he plays fullback for his club :blink: But that is what Mallet is doing and it is sort of working. Really sad to see Kankowski taken off in a neck brace, hope he is alright but it seemed to be just in case it was a neck injury. Also that yellow card should not have been given out, it was a shoulder high tackle and just unfortunate how Kankowski's neck moved.

Brilliant try in the beginning from Steyn. The conditions really aren't that bad, the drainage is very good at Newlands and I've seen more expansive games in far worse conditions. The problem is no other back is getting the ball and it's making this a very boring game.

Steyn is not a flyhalf, he is a center or fullback. Just seems like he is out of position and takes too long to kick.

BEAST SCORES!
Steyn passed for the 1st time in the game and almost messed the try up...

Grant at 10 and Steyn at 15. Now that's what I'm talking about.

What can Malett take out of this game? his side dont even attempt to run the ball. I always wonder what the backs do in training do they just do aimless kicks at a wall for an hour

Latest posts