With the current team I'd say +20... If we were to pick a team on merit +50
[/b]
20+ to Wales? Sounds good to me. :cheers:
[/b][/quote]
Wow! That's really clever
[/b][/quote]
I pride myself over my clever...

lmao
to be honest i think the south africans are gunna be in for one hell of an afternoon

this side gatland nd edwards have built, are far far far too intense to loose by 20 points

it is going to be a war, and south africa will not bully us, theyll try it, nd just like a heavyweight champion we'll come back nd knock them down.

we will win this test.

Springboks 62
Wales 7 ;) [/b]
We should still win. With the current team I'd say +20... If we were to pick a team on merit +50 [/b]
Wow, talk about underestimating us! We did only concede 2 try's throughout the entire 6 nations you know.

My prediction: SA 21 - 15 Wales (If Parker plays his usual rubbish self).

If Parker plays well, closer, if not a Welsh win :mellow: .

<div class='quotemain'> Springboks 62
Wales 7 ;) [/b]
You forgot one '0' at the end there.
[/b][/quote]

Springboks 620

Wales 7 ?

I dunno, that -does- sound a bit far fetched.

Wales 7 ;) [/b]
We should still win. With the current team I'd say +20... If we were to pick a team on merit +50 [/b]
Wow, talk about underestimating us! We did only concede 2 try's throughout the entire 6 nations you know.
[/b][/quote]
Yip I do.
We've got James, De Villiers, Chavhanga, Spies, Smith and Habana you know.

South Africa should nip a win here, I dont think some of the scores banded round are a fair reflection, im with dullonien on his predicition!

Wales 7 ;) [/b]
You forgot one '0' at the end there.
[/b][/quote]

:D

Seriously this should be great, the summer internationals after a world cup always have a sense of unpredictability. Trying to look at it from a neutrals point of view i dont see how Wales can win, the Boks should win by 20 points imo. Wales have some of their best players out and the Springboks are a better side anyway, we will see.

Wales 7 ;) [/b]

My prediction: SA 21 - 15 Wales (If Parker plays his usual rubbish self).

If Parker plays well, closer, if not a Welsh win :mellow: .
[/b][/quote]

Yea 2 tries :huh: From my calculations wasnt it 15?

I was joking with the 62 point scoreline, the scores put up here are biased both ways, Bok fans and Wales fans is mainly what the thread of is made up of as you would expect.

I'd expect it to be somewhere in the middle as i said around a 20 Springbok win. I would just love to see Chavanga in full flight.

15 tries conceaded :S wat? are you joking around?

toby flood scored against us and castrogiovani
cross kick and overthrown line out 5 metres out

[/b]

Yeah, but that says more about the quality of the six nations than your defense.

Unlike some people here who are seemingly already signaling the death of SA rugby, I'll wait and see how we perform before taking the coach apart.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Yeah, but that says more about the quality of the six nations than your defense.

[/b][/quote]
Oh obviously. There's no way that any NH team could ever have defence good enough to withstand the SH'ers. :huh: Seriously, what a stupid thing to say...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
No. :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Oh sorry i thought you meant scored :ph34r:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
No. :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Oh sorry i thought you meant scored :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]
In that case: 217

:)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Oh obviously. There's no way that any NH team could ever have defence good enough to withstand the SH'ers. :huh: Seriously, what a stupid thing to say... [/b][/quote]

This has nothing to do with SH vs NH. I watched this year's six nations and it was probably one of the worst in a long time. No team really looked penetrative on attack other than the French (and that was before they started experimenting with their side).
I'm not saying your defense is bad, it's obviously good, but the fact that you only conceded 2 tries in 6 games was more down to quality of opposition.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Oh obviously. There's no way that any NH team could ever have defence good enough to withstand the SH'ers. :huh: Seriously, what a stupid thing to say... [/b][/quote]

This has nothing to do with SH vs NH. I watched this year's six nations and it was probably one of the worst in a long time. No team really looked penetrative on attack other than the French (and that was before they started experimenting with their side).
I'm not saying your defense is bad, it's obviously good, but the fact that you only conceded 2 tries in 6 games was more down to quality of opposition.

[/b]
Obviously. :rolleyes: If I said that the Tri-Nations had poor defence because tries were being scored left, right and centre, the arguement would be that the attacking was just too good. :huh: There were many try-scoring oppurtunities for the opposition, but most of the time, our organised defence just pressured them into making mistakes or eventually kicking the ball away.

Still reckon this game will be close but a very entertaining one, there will be a dubious decision that will cost either Wales or South Africa by the referee!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Obviously. :rolleyes: If I said that the Tri-Nations had poor defence because tries were being scored left, right and centre, the arguement would be that the attacking was just too good. :huh: There were many try-scoring oppurtunities for the opposition, but most of the time, our organised defence just pressured them into making mistakes or eventually kicking the ball away. [/b][/quote]

Good attack will always trump good defense. For you to have only let in 2 tries in 6 matches means your defense was either supernatural or the oppoition's attacking play was poor. After watching the 6 nations I feel safe in saying it was the latter.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Obviously. :rolleyes: If I said that the Tri-Nations had poor defence because tries were being scored left, right and centre, the arguement would be that the attacking was just too good. :huh: There were many try-scoring oppurtunities for the opposition, but most of the time, our organised defence just pressured them into making mistakes or eventually kicking the ball away. [/b][/quote]

Good attack will always trump good defense. For you to have only let in 2 tries in 6 matches means your defense was either supernatural or the oppoition's attacking play was poor. After watching the 6 nations I feel safe in saying it was the latter.
[/b][/quote]

Somehow I doubt Wales defence was down to poor attacking play by the opposition <_<

The fact of the matter is that if Wales would have played SA a year ago without the Gatland and Edwards influence (not including the game in November), Wales defence was probably one of the worst in the NH, but to say that teams were poor in the 6 nations is not exactly a fair comment!
Wales 2 tries in 5 games (I cant see how its 6? You only play 5 times in the 6 nations!) shows that the defence is a good one! If if was not then more teams would have scored and that is a fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts