• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South African Government wants to enforce Quota system - AGAIN!!!

Yes, the issue is that companies want people with degrees when there are a lot who have decided not to and are far better for a job. It swings in roundabouts, there are many useless degrees, and I had many friends get masters in said degrees.

Would it be right to assume that your friends who got their masters in those 'useless' degrees have ended up in jobs they could well of got straight from sixth form, therefore not ending up with £10s of thousands of pounds debt ?

Would it be right to assume that your friends who got their masters in those 'useless' degrees have ended up in jobs they could well of got straight from sixth form, therefore not ending up with £10s of thousands of pounds debt ?

Yep, coop supervisor to name one. He doesn't help himself looking for a job in psychology when the subject is over subscribed for the amount of jobs in that particular field.

*clipped for length...

Thank you for explaining the situation more clearly in both your replies to me. Obviously I was looking at the situation from a different - and erroneous - POV. I appreciate your clarification; for instance, I also didn't realize it was the government pushing the quota - I thought it was the desire of the SARU. I understand now why so many are upset by this. Thanks again!

das

Back on topic please - the 'education today is a joke' is not relevant to this thread.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/Boks-approach-Cosatu-over-all-white-team-20150810

I call BS on this article! I'm dying to know which players went to Cosatu. My best guess could be Kolisi and Mvovo. But I don't think that they would do this, especially since Mvovo's spot is where Habana and JPP plays. And as for Kolisi, he's not good enough to start, and he has spoken in the past about being referred to as a Quota Player.

And the white player also joining them, makes me think that this is not the whole story.

Cosatu (which is a trade union Federation) is stirring the pot because they have been dropping the ball in every other sector they have been involved with the past few months.

I would also like to be a fly on the wall when they have a meeting with SARU and the Coaching team. Will Minister Mbalula be present?? Will he join Cosatu's cause?? Or will he stick to his outspoken remarks of the past stating that there will be no quota system for the springboks.

The other question will be if the players names will be made public to SARU (which will have to happen, as any Employer who pays remuneration to a person, has the right to know if he belongs to a trade union or federation, and may pay membership fees directly to the trade union/federation on behalf of their employees). It will make these players victims of their own arrogance. Because they will then admit that they are quota players, and that they are in the squad because of their colour/race

Latest posts