• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: Australia vs Scotland. (05/06/2012, 09:35 GMT)

On the more positive side, I can now read Green and Gold Rugby for a good laugh over the next few days.
I'd like a side of gale with my rugby match, please.

Scotland should invest in an evil mad scientist and get him to create a weather machine for them, as they always do quite well in terrible conditions (beat Australia twice, now, in downpours - think the Springbok game they won was rubbish weather as well?).

On the more positive side, I can now read Green and Gold Rugby for a good laugh over the next few days.
I'd like a side of gale with my rugby match, please.
Aha, I'm doing the exact same right now.
Unfortunately they all seem to be congratulating Scotland/blaming the gameplan. It's a bit too sane for my liking.

Australia had like 90% second half territory

Euan Murray deserves man of the match simply for that last minute

also a mention for Ross Rennie who made a massive 24 tackles, and Strokosch and Gray who both made 17 tackles

now what odds Scotland now undo their good work by losing Samoa next week?

by the way, Ross Ford is totally awful at throwing in at the lineout, no way he will make the Lions tour on that form

Australia still bugged by the scrum, Slipper is woeful, the Hair Bear will be licking his lips ..

Scotland should invest in an evil mad scientist and get him to create a weather machine for them, as they always do quite well in terrible conditions (beat Australia twice, now, in downpours - think the Springbok game they won was rubbish weather as well?).

:lol:

Ouch! The 2nd world ranked team losing to the 12th ranked is not a good look no matter what excuse is given. Big credit to the Scottish defence though, making tackle after tackle like that = a lot of heart.

Congratulations Scotland. Only caught the last few minutes, looked like atrocious conditions which suited Scotland down to the ground.

How many ranking points did Aus just lose?

We had better bloody win on Saturday now!

Right, put the lot on Samoa by +7 ;)

I hope Adam is carried everywhere he has to go, we need him desperately.
So if we beat Australia next test, we pass them (they will be at 85.99 after this match).
They lost 2, according to my figures, Dull.

If Scotland could play SH opposition every week in a monsoon they'd be top of the world rankings.

That was hard to watch. Difficult conditions yeah but all credit to the Scotland defence on the line...

I fell back asleep slightly before kick off. It would appear that my brain was looking out for me.

Solid result for Scotland eh?

did any of you guys saw those 2 Scots that bumped into each other after they won?? one had to run to get stitches!! soo funny!!

I love it when the aussies lose!! BWhahahahahaha!! Thankyou Scotland for making my day!!

9-6. felt a bit like a 6 Nations game with Scotland playing Italy(in bizarre gold/green change kit) to determine wooden spoon winner.

Congrats to Scotland. Huge gutsy defensive effort and deserved the win.
Surely when conditions changed they would have considered bringing McCabe and Ashley-Cooper into the 15 or at least by the second half in the place of Harris and Morahan??? The Genia and Barnes combination was a big problem. No cohesion at all and the slow delivery made Barnes job harder. Barne's idea of taking on the line is faking the pass and killing the ball in the tackle.
The forwards imho opinion did ok in dominating possession and getting over the advantage line. On this night though Scotlands defense deserves full credit.
We're gonna get caned by Wales, AB's , Argies and bokke :(

Congrats to Scotland. Huge gutsy defensive effort and deserved the win.
Surely when conditions changed they would have considered bringing McCabe and Ashley-Cooper into the 15 or at least by the second half in the place of Harris and Morahan??? The Genia and Barnes combination was a big problem. No cohesion at all and the slow delivery made Barnes job harder. Barne's idea of taking on the line is faking the pass and killing the ball in the tackle.
The forwards imho opinion did ok in dominating possession and getting over the advantage line. On this night though Scotlands defense deserves full credit.
We're gonna get caned by Wales, AB's , Argies and bokke :(

Not if Bryce Lawrence is the ref, right?:p

I wouldn't get too worried if I was Australia. Shocking conditions were never going to help and it was still quite far from their best team. I think when Quade Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Jame O'Connor, Rocky Elsome etc are fit and selected, they'll be much harder to beat. All this proves is Australia are still overly confident in their depth, something we saw against Samoa this time last year.

Well done to Scotland. Winning twice in a row against Australia is some achievement. Scotland would be the kings of underwater rugby.

Latest posts