• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] England v Australia

I can't stand watching this. How many penalties have we given away in the scrum? Why is this still happening?

what just happened there with Rowntree and Lancaster? I hit close on the tab as he kind of gestured to him...

1st impressions: 2nd half was a lot better, Marler really came into the game a lot and I thought the score flattered Australia in the end, they did well to hang on with no set piece.

Next years WC game no matter what people say will be massive, there is going to be some serious ****le as well, you could see it all coming out at the end of that match with white giving Ford some gob and Barritts hit pretty much said it all.

Good won in the end, Aussies need to sort that scrum - you've got to have parity in the set piece to be competitive.

Morgan played fantastic today, second best England player for me, but I'd have given man of the match to Ford. He's vindicated everyone who has been calling for him since the start of the Autumn in a big way. Didn't see too much of his creative side, probably mostly because of the style England play, but his kicking game was top notch.

Quade Cooper aye. Absolutely belted! I think most Kiwis will like that. We aren't exactly fond of the guy.

Well Done England. Much better this week I thought. Forwards lay the platform, and you monstered the Wallabies just as I thought you would do. The ball didn't quite reach some of the backs as much as they would have liked, but you won, so I'm sure you're pretty chuffed.

Australia....feel like they could have potentially won if they could maintain their own freaken ball in the scrum. What a shambles that was. Chekia has a hell of a job. Working with the 'Tahs, bringing the Aussie forwards up the speed in the national side, nailing down patterns and selections. Not long until the world cup .. don't really think he can do it. But anything can happen in that Cup.

Last edited:
Morgan played fantastic today, second best England player for me, but I'd have given man of the match to Ford. He's vindicated everyone who has been calling for him since the start of the Autumn in a big way. Didn't see too much of his creative side, probably mostly because of the style England play, but his kicking game was top notch.

Ford played very well, considerign the ball he was given and the slow motion nature of our attacking play. But he ran the game really well.

Morgan was MoTM for me, thought he was immense in the set piece and broken play.

14 tackles from Wilson! He put himself around a lot. Thought marler did as well. Hartley was less noticeable and apart from a solid line out was poor.

Still don't use our front row as ball carriers well enough.

Decent day's work. We're lucky they can't scrummage but hey, whatever works.

Kick chase was hugely impressive, particularly with May, who's been the big winner of this window. Defence did enough, discipline was much improved. Those were the differences. Still plenty of work to be done.

If may can work on his competing in the air a bit. Improve his technique then it will be very dangerous.

Was at the game and didn't have the best angle, but in the second half it seemed like Horne on the left wing got 4 ****e passes which could have been tries - fair assessment? Felt like if they'd been a tiny bit more clinical they could've won comfortably.

Also, lack of a true seven was again painfully obvious.

Good win for England. Didn't see the game but the score speaks for itself

Three games too many surely.
Haha yeah, what I thought too.

I just want to know where that Aussie poster that was predicting Australia to have a clean sweep of these internationals, is.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time the Aussies lost 3 games in their Autumn tour? Has to be a while ago, surely...

The worst Aussie squad for 35 years.
England look like a team brimming with potential but the youth needs experience and the next RWC is too soon for this side.
Lancaster needs to pay more attention to Rowntree and less to Andy Farrell.

The worst Aussie squad for 35 years.
England look like a team brimming with potential but the youth needs experience and the next RWC is too soon for this side.
Lancaster needs to pay more attention to Rowntree and less to Andy Farrell.

For once something I agree with. Yes too few caps in the key positions. I would be surprised if England won the RWC. 2019 would be more realistic combining the double RWC junior WC team with the best of the current team.

Latest posts