• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] Australia vs France (3rd Test)

Another try by a Tahs player, ALL Wallabies points are from Tahs players

Waratahs 34 - France 6

Can feel your pain biggie, it does all seem pointless, i just don't understand whats going on, there's no sense that this management are taking a hit in the short term in order to build for the future or developing a radical style of play. It's just grim rugby with a seemingly random reshuffle of players every match. Can't understand how or why the FFR are allowing this to go on and on and on ...

The "mentality" means that the politics is more important and they would prefer to argue amongst themselves rather than unite and play winning rugby. You have a weak coach who no one apart from a select few in the FFR wanted and who now control, from the background, what he does and that is why decent coaches treat the job as a poison chalice......end result is even the players lose their appetite.

Furthermore, a lot of French clubs started pre season training last week.............that is one long season!

Has the Wallies gone up a level or is France not that good at the moment?

I'm just curious as to just how good the Wallies are. I guess we won't find out till the the Rugby championship.

Has the Wallies gone up a level or is France not that good at the moment?.

Do NOT build your hopes on these games alone but there is the potential of a good team emerging under Mackenzie..............France are abysmal and as Lynagh and Greenwood say would prefer to play for their clubs rather than the International team (funny as that is the way of the supporters too!!).

A very good performance by Waratahs, coff coff I meant Wooollabies. The big question, lads. Could this Wallabies team beat to ABs? At least a game.

Do NOT build your hopes on these games alone but there is the potential of a good team emerging under Mackenzie..............France are abysmal and as Lynagh and Greenwood say would prefer to play for their clubs rather than the International team (funny as that is the way of the supporters too!!).

Thats shocking players would choose their clubs. Maybe the national side might have to up what they pay their players. However there are some good players out there for France.

In the tri nation teams, players prefer to rep their country. Maybe French players should take heed to that.

It is not really about the money..............the clubs, in general, provide a professional base from which to work and a team spirit and unity such that individual players trust and respect each other completely............ PSA does none of that!!

I think the French Rugby has the same problem than the English Football/Soccer. Both have a very strong local competition, with a lot of money where they buy the best players in the world. So there is no place to develop French players. At this time, the best French team in the Top 14 is Toulon, if you look closely the Toulon's lineup, most of their best players speak English: Carl Hayman, Ali Williams, Bakkies Botha, Juan Smith, Armitage's Brothers, Wilkinson, Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell and Bryan Habana.

Then for the same reason why English Football don't have many top class English players (Premier League) FFR don't have many top class French players (Top 14). ARU with less supporters and less money has a structure that favors the creation of talent for their national team and without amazing players like: Matt Giteau, Digby Ioane, Kane Douglas, James O'Connor or Drew Mitchell they still has many top class players because their structure focuses on Wallabies.

Then PSA is not the only FFR's problem, the problem is deeper. FFR should imitate RFU with restrictions as: Salary cap and limitation of foreign players. RFU is taking much advantage over FFR in this regard.

FFR: More French players, less foreign players

. FFR should imitate RFU with restrictions as: Salary cap and limitation of foreign players. RFU is taking much advantage over FFR in this regard.FFR: More French players, less foreign players

Done on both counts!

There is a salary cap and a quota of French qualified players is in place............next argument?

Done on both counts!

There is a salary cap and a quota of French qualified players is in place............next argument?

What is the limit? They have recently introduced it! Or was it recently increased? There are still loads of good players avaliable to PSA in my opinion, just the whole setup is wrong.

I think the French players still want to play for France, I'd imagine its hard to play for this France. Hard to motivate yourself if you don't buy into whats going on.

Done on both counts!

Well, then FFR's salary cap is too high. Must be as RFU's salary cap, then Top 14 shouldn't have too much foreign players as now. How much is the quota of French players? For example: Toulon has about 10 foreign players in their starting XV, no doubt that quota of French players is shoddy.

Well, then FFR's salary cap is too high. Must be as RFU's salary cap, then Top 14 shouldn't have too much foreign players as now. How much is the quota of French players? For example: Toulon has about 10 foreign players in their starting XV, no doubt that quota of French players is shoddy.

Seriously, Conrad.....this argument has been played ad nauseam on many other threads and I respectfully suggest you go and see them rather than dredge it all up again!

Seriously, Conrad.....this argument has been played ad nauseam on many other threads and I respectfully suggest you go and see them rather than dredge it all up again!

I know, bud. It's just an opinion. As a rugby supporter, I say what I see. And I see that the French rugby is infected by too many foreign players, that's something that have a negative impact on the national team. For this reason some countries as NZ, Australia and England don't allow play on their national teams to players who play abroad, everything is connected. It's just an opinion

I know, bud. It's just an opinion. As a rugby supporter, I say what I see. And I see that the French rugby is infected by too many foreign players, that's something that have a negative impact on the national team. For this reason some countries as NZ, Australia and England don't allow play on their national teams to players who play abroad, everything is connected. It's just an opinion

Understood, but it is not one that is shared in the French rugby community and that is the difference!!

Only saw the 2nd half, but couldn't help but be impressed with the speed of ball Australia were recycling at the breakdown. The Australian backs were making the breaks, but I think the Aussie forward pack deserves a lot of praise!

Only saw the 2nd half, but couldn't help but be impressed with the speed of ball Australia were recycling at the breakdown. The Australian backs were making the breaks, but I think the Aussie forward pack deserves a lot of praise!

What do you think about the next: Wallabies-All Blacks game? Could Wallabies beat to ABs? A game at least

I wake up to "Wallabies thrash woeful France". 39-13, and 5 tries to 1. I don't even know if I'm going to watch the game.

What do you think about the next: Wallabies-All Blacks game? Could Wallabies beat to ABs? A game at least

There is no doubt the Wallabies could beat the ABs. They have before and will again. It should be a good match - the AB's will obviously still start as favourites, but Australia certainly showed a lot of good signs versus France.

I wake up to "Wallabies thrash woeful France". 39-13, and 5 tries to 1. I don't even know if I'm going to watch the game.

If I was you I wouldn't watch it. France just didn't show up. I was almost feeling sorry for them by the end. Almost ;)

Latest posts