• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] New Zealand vs England (2nd Test)

I thought England had won already... at least thats what the papers have been saying all week here in London.
It's a sure thing.. and it may well end up that way but by George there is a lot of hyperbole in the London tabloids.
Savea could make a big impact, IF the AB tight five can get any ball.
Can our tight five lift themselves from last weeks awfully mediocre performance.
Is Tony Woodcock passed it?
Is McCaw too old?
Will Read be alright for the final test?

Christ you kiwis don't half bang on about the tabloids don't you ? For the third test we should make a thread for it then we can keep this one for strictly proper talk .

Let's be honest all of us know in England that this is the ultimate test NZ away . I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us don't listen to the papers tripe anyway but just so you know the NZ press aren't any better and NZ is just like here some of the fans are getting a bit over excited too . A fan made a comment on the NZ herald site (I think) that NZ would win this game by 60 points .............

Just accept that there is prats in both countries and put it to bed please.........

Even if it's just for the sake of this thread

nonsense, Brazil have won more cups than any nation...;)

Thats nonsense too. It is only true for the World Cup (5 ***les out of 18 world cups), but if you look at the other major international trophies they compete in with a full team (that excludes the Olympics and the Confederations Cup) their record is not that flash. In South American Championship/Copa Americana, Uruguay have 15 ***les, and Argentina has 15, and Brasil only has 8.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]COMPETITION[/TD]
[TD]BRA[/TD]
[TD]win %[/TD]
[TD]NZL[/TD]
[TD]WIN %[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RUGBY WORLD CUP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]2/7[/TD]
[TD]28.5%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TRI NATIONS/RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]12/18[/TD]
[TD]66.7%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FIFA WORLD CUP[/TD]
[TD]5/18[/TD]
[TD]27.7%[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]SAC/COPA AMERICANA[/TD]
[TD]8/43[/TD]
[TD]18.6%[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]COMBINED[/TD]
[TD]13/61[/TD]
[TD]21.0%[/TD]
[TD]14/25[/TD]
[TD]56.0%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Overall, we don't come out too badly

Thats nonsense too. It is only true for the World Cup (5 ***les out of 18 world cups), but if you look at the other major international trophies they compete in with a full team (that excludes the Olympics and the Confederations Cup) their record is not that flash. In South American Championship/Copa Americana, Uruguay have 15 ***les, and Argentina has 15, and Brasil only has 8.

[TR]
[TD]COMPETITION[/TD]
[TD]BRA[/TD]
[TD]win %[/TD]
[TD]NZL[/TD]
[TD]WIN %[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RUGBY WORLD CUP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]2/7[/TD]
[TD]28.5%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]12/18[/TD]
[TD]66.7%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FIFA WORLD CUP[/TD]
[TD]5/18[/TD]
[TD]27.7%[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8/43[/TD]
[TD]18.6%[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]COMBINED[/TD]
[TD]13/61[/TD]
[TD]21.0%[/TD]
[TD]14/25[/TD]
[TD]56.0%
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Hard to make comparisons here though . A lot different for example only 5 different teams have ever made a RWC final ? (NZ, aus, SA, eng , France) the football World Cup is far more widely contested and I mean the tri nations is exactly what it says three teams and is also every year, there has been 14 copa Americas between 1975 and today so vaguely 2 years between tournaments you see smartcookie we can all bend stats in our favour ;) No one is doubting that the all blacks are one of the most successful sport teams in history but it's very very difficult to compare cross sport imo

Last edited:
Pretty young England team. For me if Woodcock and a few of our other old heads who went missing last week turn up it will make up more than the difference we need.

Can't wait until NZ smash England.

England your not as good as you think, you'll find out in a few hours

It would be a good thing for international rugby the end of the ABs hegemony.

I'd like that England, Australia or South Africa to defeat them this year. Not the Pumas, it's impossible but I think England have a big chance if ABs repeated the same mistakes of the first test. And Wallabies looks very strong this year. Since last spring tour they improve day by day.

It would be a good thing for international rugby the end of the ABs hegemony.

I'd like that England, Australia or South Africa to defeat them this year. Not the Pumas, it's impossible but I think England have a big chance if ABs repeated the same mistakes of the first test. And Wallabies looks very strong this year. Since last spring tour they improve day by day.

Dude, you say this every time they name a team, since you joined the forum..

in thought the wallabies looked quite strong last year but the lost too many key forwards before the rugby championship

Dude, you say this every time they name a team, since you joined the forum..

Yeah, wishful thinking I suspect.... You cant blame him really with the last decade or so of complete crap he's probably had to watch.

Who knows what French team will turn up tonight so cant really take much from their results....

I thought England had won already... at least thats what the papers have been saying all week here in London.
It's a sure thing.. and it may well end up that way but by George there is a lot of hyperbole in the London tabloids.

can you post a link to an English Journalist actually saying England will win today, or is it just...uhm, hyperbole?

I can guarantee you that if New Zealand win by a big margin the NZ press will be no less vociferous in gloating and letting us know the natural balance of order has been restored and how this is the worst England side ever and yada yada yada....

Anyway, i think New Zealand will take the spoils with a 10 point win - the most important thing for England this week is to go down there and score some tries - doesn't matter how they do it but they need to cross that white wash for a 5 pointer. We can't come away from Dunedin having kicked all our points, even if we somehow win.

Last edited:
England by 7. Robshaw gets injured, Lancasters comes on as injury substitution for Robshaw and scores the winning try. Seems very logical.STUART LANCASTER

STUART LANCASTER

Yeah, wishful thinking I suspect.... You cant blame him really with the last decade or so of complete crap he's probably had to watch.

Who knows what French team will turn up tonight so cant really take much from their results....

All blacks are cheats. IRB protect there greatest asset. Spread the truth !!
Wallabies by 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate I would buy a Pit-ball puppy from the pet store and starve,torture and participate it in illegal dog fights for 10 years until it wasn't a pet dog any more but a viscous hound ready to kill on sight. Then set the dog lose in your house until you were chomped to bits instead of listening to your pathetic ignorance.

All blacks are cheats. IRB protect there greatest asset. Spread the truth !!
Wallabies by 15

You're an idiot . Why would you joke about something like that ?

England by 7. Robshaw gets injured, Lancasters comes on as injury substitution for Robshaw and scores the winning try. Seems very logical.STUART LANCASTER

STUART LANCASTER

score...69-76 then. And it's Lancaster* btw, no 'w'.

<tbody>[TR]
[TD]COMPETITION[/TD]
[TD]BRA[/TD]
[TD]win %[/TD]
[TD]NZL[/TD]
[TD]WIN %[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RUGBY WORLD CUP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]2/7[/TD]
[TD]28.5%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]12/18[/TD]
[TD]66.7%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FIFA WORLD CUP[/TD]
[TD]5/18[/TD]
[TD]27.7%[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8/43[/TD]
[TD]18.6%[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]COMBINED[/TD]
[TD]13/61[/TD]
[TD]21.0%[/TD]
[TD]14/25[/TD]
[TD]56.0%[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

of course some kiwi would take me to the letter on a completely minor post that was just a quick joke-reply to someone. :lol:
You gotta be kiddin' me sometimes.............*siggghhhhhhhhh*

Will Greenwood and Clive Woodward doing joint analysis, trying to justify Mani on the wing.

Sweet. We'll just do KOP in every game and never lose again. What haka we do is irrelevant and to suggest it is why we almost lost to Ireland is probably insulting to the Irish.

Also we almost lost all of those four games you mention last year! Apart from the one against South Africa at home when we were helped out by the referee. You sell yourself short.

I did not say that is the reason why you almost lost to the Irish, but to differentiate which Haka you do depending on which the ABs hold in higher reverence, may give the opposition team a point to prove on top of the scalp of beating the current best team in the world. That is all I'm suggesting. It's an arrogance thing as well, that for an opposition team to be worthy of the ABs to perform KOP they have to prove their worthiness.

I think the ABs will perform KOP before this game.

Latest posts