• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

So youre saying i said we would smash the aussies when i said it would be tight?

So youre saying i said we would smash the aussies when i said it would be tight?

This constant pathetic arguing and disagreeing is ruining this forum to be honest and you are at the centre of it. You don't respect anyone's right to an opinion so what are you even doing on a forum where adult discussion about Rugby is what is intended. There's no argument you can have with this, because I know you will say well he said she said but I think you need to look at yourself and calm down/allow other users to have an opinion without biting their head off because you don't agree.

Yep. A lot of my mates who didnt have twick tix have been to and going to the grand in clapton. Its right across the road from the tube station packed with Kiwis. You have to buy tickets online before the match. Another decent one is The Normaby in Putney. Which is full of Kiwis. Enjoy.

Cheers :)

I've been hugely impressed by Australia under Cheika, especially in defence. That said NZ have been great and know how to win, both deservedly in the final and I don't mind who wins just hope it's a good game which it promises to be.

I've been hugely impressed by Australia under Cheika, especially in defence. That said NZ have been great and know how to win, both deservedly in the final and I don't mind who wins just hope it's a good game which it promises to be.

They've been amazing under Cheika.

Cheika has been an amazing coach for Austrailia , apart from coaches, what would it take for SA to be number one? Without excuses?

start a cloning program to make multiple David Pococks :) so you can swap another one in when he gets injured!

what I basically mean is devalop some depth, NZ can actually win games with some of our frontline players injured. We even win games with McCaw and Carter injured.

I feel like Australia without Pocock are potentially 3rd to 5th best team in the world but with pocock they are #2 and can challenge the AB's or at least win some home games & world cup games against the AB's. but probably still not good enough to beat the AB's away.

It's not all about Pocock and it's very foolish to think so.
You're doing a discredit to Fardy and Hooper who have really delivered in the knockout stages and against England and Wales in the group games.

I'm a Crusaders supporter and I can assure you that Matt Todd can't make the starting Pumas XV with young flankers like Pablo Matera, Javier Ortega Desio, Tomas Lezana and Facundo Isa with international experience. Isa played for Toulon and Matera has played for Leicester

c'mon man, the north has frowned on super rugby but its pretty obvious now that super rugby > northern club rugby. Super rugby is the long time breading ground for what have been the top 3 test teams for the majority of the time world rankings have been in place.

Matt Todd is a beast, this year he scored a try 5? games in a row for the crusaders which I believe is a super rugby record for a forward.

I think he got 2 test caps for the AB's and he was actually superb. His style of game is very suited to test rugby. Even though there is a lot of hype around savea I would take Todd over him for test matches without a doubt.

I actually think hes the most physical 7 of our top 4 ridiculously good opensides (McCaw, Cane, Savea, Todd) and I also think the only reason Cane is ahead of Todd for the AB's is because Cane has a long relationship with Ian Foster who kinda groomed him all the way from school. Also with Cane being only 23 he could take us through the next 2 WC's.

c'mon man, the north has frowned on super rugby but its pretty obvious now that super rugby > northern club rugby. Super rugby is the long time breading ground for what have been the top 3 test teams for the majority of the time world rankings have been in place.

Matt Todd is a beast, this year he scored a try 5? games in a row for the crusaders which I believe is a super rugby record for a forward.

I think he got 2 test caps for the AB's and he was actually superb. His style of game is very suited to test rugby. Even though there is a lot of hype around savea I would take Todd over him for test matches without a doubt.

I actually think hes the most physical 7 of our top 4 ridiculously good opensides (McCaw, Cane, Savea, Todd) and I also think the only reason Cane is ahead of Todd for the AB's is because Cane has a long relationship with Ian Foster who kinda groomed him all the way from school. Also with Cane being only 23 he could take us through the next 2 WC's.

An interesting 2nd perspective on Todd. You back up what I was saying & thinking about him. I really rate him as well and hope he gets brought into the mix after McCaw leaves - actually I'm sure he will. Savea, as you say is still a lot of hype, he is a very talented player but still has a lot to learn. Probably good he is off to 7s so Todd will get a shot. We may actually find Todd starts for the ABs if he can outplay Cane over time! They are probably at a similar level but with Cane having the advantage that he will be considered the incumbent, but one would imagine the two will be rotated somewhat from 2016 onwards so Todd should have every chance to proove his case!

I didnt feel qualified to argue the case that Todd would make the Argentinian playing XV or match day squad as I am not familiar enough with their players, but I have to say I'd be suprised if he wasnt considered good enough.

By the way this thread regresses significantly each night (NZ time). What's the deal lads? It's getting kinda old!!

You're doing a discredit to Fardy and Hooper who have really delivered in the knockout stages and against England and Wales in the group games.

Wothout Pocock they basically got beaten by Scotland, needed a final play mistake by the referee...

Aussie are a "good" team without pocock, but they are not #1 or #2 team in the world without him.

Including Sio?

Thing is, the preparation will end once they step onto the field. They'll need to get a bit of luck go their way to win I reckon. But it's a one off game so you just never know. The Kiwis snagged a Rugby League World Cup off us back in '08 by playing out of their skins and getting the bounce of the ball and that's kind of how I see us winning if we do. If not and NZ play to their full potential whilst we don't reach ours? Well, it'll be more like the 2013 RLWC Final (interestingly SBW will have played in both) but in reverse

Luck, yes that plays a big part in winning a World Cup. Every team has had luck, it can in be any form or shape, fit and healthy teams, getting the rub of the green from the refs, bounce of the ball and the way the opposition plays. Most times you create your own luck from the way you play and the pressure you apply but sometimes things happen out of your control.

Both teams have had their fair share of luck. Australia obviously the last minute penalty against Scotland. NZ imo were lucky to scrape through to the final after they nearly handed the Boks the game on a plate. I also thought Australia were a bit lucky in the SF with the way Argies played early on. It would have been a closer game on the scoreboard if Argies picked the right position on the field to attack.

Whose luck is gonna run out?

Australia have extraordinarily lucky. Lucky the host nation was the most undercooked host nation in the history of RWC. Lucky the Welsh team were so badly injured. Lucky the Scottish went brain-dead with 30 seconds to go. Lucky the Argentinians thought it was only a 60m field.

This!!
Does anyone have stats for average turnovers between the two teams?

Hooper is only 23 as well, which is pretty mind blowing given how good he is a what a leader he is.

Australia have extraordinarily lucky. Lucky the host nation was the most undercooked host nation in the history of RWC. Lucky the Welsh team were so badly injured. Lucky the Scottish went brain-dead with 30 seconds to go. Lucky the Argentinians thought it was only a 60m field.

Lucky the penalty got reversed due to Victor Matfield's neck roll. That was kickable and would have put SA 1 point in front, talk about luck.

Latest posts