• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

What do you think is the problem with Read? Is it just a loss of form that happens to the best of players, or it something more insidious, like lingering effects from concussions or something like that?

Players go through ups and downs and then try too hard to find form and second guess what they would normally do instinctively and they lose their edge with their mind on something else.. it's a whole number of things. Form is temporary and class is permanent though and Read has plenty of class, he will come right, may not be this tournament, but eventually.

Yea he's proved it once again he had a very limited knowledge of the game. Keep in mind this is the same guy who tipped Ireland to make the semis and the ABs to get knocked out in the quaters.

Yup rugby knowledge doesn't seem to be his strong suit, Smith has been pretty solid in the centers, given this hasn't been his best year either he is still miles ahead of other 13's.

Or perhaps SA did by scoring nearly as many points as the ABs. Don't forget that Victor Matfield came on and had a disastrous game, giving away two crucial penalties, one of which reversed an easy shot at goal that would have drawn the saffers level.

You constantly look at things through silver fern tinted glasses boss lol Don't try to lie.

We gave them the points through silly play, they didn't look like making any of their own, yes it was a close game and we need to remember that.

Pretty sure you looked at things through your green guinness tinted glasses during the quarters and that didn't work out too well.

What do you think is the problem with Read? Is it just a loss of form that happens to the best of players, or it something more insidious, like lingering effects from concussions or something like that?

Me and a few mates wonder if the couple of concussions have had an affect on his game, I would like to believe they wouldn't let him play if this was the case, and maybe he is trying too hard to do things and we know this sometimes causes mistakes to happen by wanting to do too much, take the small steps(which he appears to be doing) and then he will get that form back.

Gettin' pumped for this game so much. God damn... the excitement levels and it's two days out.

Because they don't care about "Abo's", in Australia they're the butt of a lot of jokes, racially discriminated for years and cast out into the outback and essentially ignored. Nothing about their culture is respected or has been respected by Australians. They're at a huge minority now as well, there's little over 200,000 of them because of the genocide that occurred and very little integration was attempted throughout history.

I'm really disappointed to read this post, you've got no idea how offensive and incorrect you are.

WTF? Why are we now a political thread?

Lets leave it about the finals and leave the politics to another thread.

I'm really disappointed to read this post, you've got no idea how offensive and incorrect you are.

100% agree man, he gets on my ***s as well. It's dissapointing and embarressing for us (New Zealanders) knowing that he's from here.

ABs2011
Here's my take - not too dissimilar to what others have said.
(1) I think people geniunely want a RWC winning send off for DC, McCaw, Nonu, Smith, & Woodcock (have I missed anyone?)

Mealamu - Can't forget Kevvy!

ABs2011
Here's my take - not too dissimilar to what others have said.
(1) I think people geniunely want a RWC winning send off for DC, McCaw, Nonu, Smith, & Woodcock (have I missed anyone?)

Mealamu - Can't forget Kevvy!

Can't forget Kevvy. My daughter reads his books. Hard as nails on the field but soft as a marshmellow off the field.

Bloody legend

WTF? Why are we now a political thread?

Lets leave it about the finals and leave the politics to another thread.

Looks like Kiwi_ has copped a ban for that one.

Funnily enough though, originally the Springboks, Wallabies and All Blacks all had separate war cries in the early 1900s tours. But key Australian players, including 1908 tour captain Herbert Moran, were openly scornful of its use by the Wallabies precisely because it was derivative and unauthentic of Aboriginal culture. He apparently wrote later that he felt embarrassed and ashamed of performing it.

Supposedly the only reason they did it back then was because the colonialists affectations of their native inhabitants supposedly had "box office value" in the UK. Here's a quote from Moran himself:

The memory of that war-cry provokes anger in me even after all these years … We were officially expected to leap up in the air and make foolish gestures which somebody thought Australian natives might have used in similar circumstances, and we were also given meaningless words which we were to utter savagely during the pantomime.

I refused to lead the wretched caricature of a native corroboree, and regularly hid myself among the team, a conscientious objector. None of the men liked it … as soon as the business was over some of us rushed to hide our heads in the first available scrum.

The final argument used by the Rugby Union [NSWRU] was that it had box-office value. The people in England expected it, they said.They might just as reasonably have expected us to wear the broad arrow [of convict uniforms] on our left arms as a respectful tribute to our first families.

Interestingly though, Jonathan Thurston, Greg Inglis and a few of the other indigenous NRL players have talked about coming up with a more authentic Aboriginal response to the Haka. The NRL has a lot of great aboriginal stars, so if it were led by them it could work. But it would need the whole team to buy in (although early indications are all the players would whole-heartedly support it if it was a truly aboriginal inspired ritual).

Last edited:
ABs2011 Here's my take - not too dissimilar to what others have said. (1) I think people geniunely want a RWC winning send off for DC, McCaw, Nonu, Smith, & Woodcock (have I missed anyone?) Mealamu - Can't forget Kevvy!

Ooops!! Thats embarrassing!! I wrote it pretty quick, but I kinda knew I'd forgotten someone!! Yes, what a legend, another player that deserves a good send off, particulalry after the rubbish the Blues dealt up on his last game with them!!

I've never seen his books. I'm having a baby soon though, so probably not far away from seeing them :)

Funnily enough though, originally the Springboks, Wallabies and All Blacks all had separate war cries in the early 1900s tours. But key Australian players, including 1908 tour captain Herbert Moran, were openly scornful of its use by the Wallabies precisely because it was derivative and unauthentic of Aboriginal culture. He apparently wrote later that he felt embarrassed and ashamed of performing it.

Supposedly the only reason they did it back then was because the colonialists affectations of their native inhabitants supposedly had "box office value" in the UK. Here's a quote from Moran himself:

Interestingly though, Jonathan Thurston, Greg Inglis and a few of the other indigenous NRL players have talked about coming up with a more authentic Aboriginal response to the Haka. The NRL has a lot of great aboriginal stars, so if it were led by them it could work. But it would need the whole team to buy in (although early indications are all the players would whole-heartedly support it if it was a truly aboriginal inspired ritual).

But you've got to admit that Genia and the Ella bros were crap, we should have scored more against them especially playing for AUSTRALIA :cool:

Looks like Kiwi_ has copped a ban for that one. Funnily enough though, originally the Springboks, Wallabies and All Blacks all had separate war cries in the early 1900s tours. But key Australian players, including 1908 tour captain Herbert Moran, were openly scornful of its use by the Wallabies precisely because it was derivative and unauthentic of Aboriginal culture. He apparently wrote later that he felt embarrassed and ashamed of performing it. Supposedly the only reason they did it back then was because the colonialists affectations of their native inhabitants supposedly had "box office value" in the UK. Here's a quote from Moran himself: Interestingly though, Jonathan Thurston, Greg Inglis and a few of the other indigenous NRL players have talked about coming up with a more authentic Aboriginal response to the Haka. The NRL has a lot of great aboriginal stars, so if it were led by them it could work. But it would need the whole team to buy in (although early indications are all the players would whole-heartedly support it if it was a truly aboriginal inspired ritual).

Interesting post mate.

About time Kiwi got a ban. The boy got very angry after he departed NZ. Not sure what the deal was!!

As for the whole Read form thing. I've said it before, but it is only the superfical stuff that is a concern. A couple handling errors here and there, and a bit less exposive ball running/off loads. The reality is though his work rate is top notch, tackling very good, carries very good, and the big improvement is the number of lineout steals he is getting. I dont think he is really that out of form, just a touch. The coaches are obviously not overly concerned and they are the ones who see him training etc. I just have this funny feeling Read is due a BIG game - I'm calling it => READ = MoM!!

Wow, and to think, he'll wake up tomorrow/tonight in London wanting to write his pearls of wisdom for his only mates ie TRF fans only to find out that he's been given the red card :redcard:

I hope that's not an omen for the AB's :eek:

They both should have got the yellow card IMO. They were behaving as bad as each other, like a couple of yappy No. 9s.

I'm also not comfortable with an ordinary member having a username that is identical to the name of the forum. That is not usually allowed on other forums. Users generally are not allowed to have names such as "Admin" or "Administrator" or "Moderator".

This is why we cannot have nice things.

Good luck on the weekend - to both teams.

Lets have a good match and may the best team win.

Latest posts