• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

Hooper is by far the most complete back rower on the team. Because Pocock can jackle and park his arse at the back of a rolling maul you think he's better than hooper? Fan boys these days....

Hooper has a massive work rate and can park his arse just the same, he is defensively awesome.. Pocock has qualities in stealing the ball, apparently he can run pretty good too. Don't be an **** calling people fan boys for being happy with him. Hooper is good too but stop riding that D

Pocock and Folau are back. So Australia by 10

The starting Wallabies XV

1. James Slipper (72 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore (c) (100 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (61 Tests)
4. Kane Douglas (21 Tests)
5. Rob Simmons (58 Tests)
6. Scott Fardy (28 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (vc) (49 Tests)
8. David Pocock (53 Tests)
9. Will Genia (64 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (25 Tests)
11. Drew Mitchell (68 Tests)
12. Matt Giteau (100 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (29 Tests)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (vc) (112 Tests)
15. Israel Folau (36 Tests)

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (59 Tests)
17. Toby Smith (2 Tests)
18. Greg Holmes (22 Tests)
19. Dean Mumm (42 Tests)
20. Ben McCalman (45 Tests)
21. Nick Phipps (36 Tests)
22. Matt Toomua (29 Tests)
23. Kurtley Beale (58 Tests)

But it isn't something you could even begin to measure or quantify, not really.
Course not. I'm not saying it is right. I am saying it just is. Post #286 on this thread is a text book example of what i tried to explain.

Think about it this way: some people would rather sacrifice good supporters coming into the game if that prevents "bad" supporters coming in.
Again, i'm not passing a judgement here. I'm just trying to explain the rationale behind it.

Hard with Pocock in the first 10 minutes, and he'll be out of the match...!!

Last edited:
Course not. I'm not saying it is right. I am saying it just is. Post #286 on this thread is a text book example of what i tried to explain.

Think about it this way: some people would rather sacrifice good supporters coming into the game if that prevents "bad" supporters coming in.
Again, i'm not passing a judgement here. I'm just trying to explain the rationale behind it.

thought we were over this topic..
This arguments of "bad people" coming in the sport are just out of place. i don´t know what kind of exodus from futbol fans to rugby you are expecting.. like there`s 2 million villeros knoking at the rugby clubs.. when i say open the game to more people i mean this:

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/...r-el-sueno-aborigen-de-ser-un-puma-del-manana

Read post #302. He asked a straight question and i gave him a straight answer.

And i think you are misunderstanding my position.

Read post #302. He asked a straight question and i gave him a straight answer.

And i think you are misunderstanding my position.

No cruz del sur!! i know you dont think like this i ment the people who do!! i guess that discriminative aproach is based on fear! i`ve heard all the same stuff in the 90s when professionalism started. it was all about "profesionalism is going to destroy our rugby´s honor, traditions, and clubs" "the amateurs wont be able to play anymore" it will become like futbol" and goes on..
the massage is clear. nothing happend! and no there are not thousands of barras bravas trying to get into rugby. our main problem is we are pretending to keep rugby away from the rest of the country when the truth is nobody cares for rugby in the first place! and we would have to work hard to make it available to more people if we truly love this sport. someone pointed out we should try to trust in rugby and the good things it could proyect on our comunity. instead of focusing in what "badnnes" new people could bring in.

Pocock and Folau are back. So Australia by 10

The starting Wallabies XV

1. James Slipper (72 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore (c) (100 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (61 Tests)
4. Kane Douglas (21 Tests)
5. Rob Simmons (58 Tests)
6. Scott Fardy (28 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (vc) (49 Tests)
8. David Pocock (53 Tests)
9. Will Genia (64 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (25 Tests)
11. Drew Mitchell (68 Tests)
12. Matt Giteau (100 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (29 Tests)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (vc) (112 Tests)
15. Israel Folau (36 Tests)

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (59 Tests)
17. Toby Smith (2 Tests)
18. Greg Holmes (22 Tests)
19. Dean Mumm (42 Tests)
20. Ben McCalman (45 Tests)
21. Nick Phipps (36 Tests)
22. Matt Toomua (29 Tests)
23. Kurtley Beale (58 Tests)

Not surprised they picked Pocock and Folau. Even if they are only 70-80% fit, it's a semi final of an RWC. They play. It's not like they can save them for the final if they Wallabies lose on Sunday.

Pumas XV announced, Bosch back in for Moroni, no further changes wich means Creevy will lead the pack.

1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Agustin Creevy (captain)
3. Ramiro Herrera
4. Guido Petti
5. Tomas Lavanini
6. Pablo Matera
7. Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe
8. Leonardo Senatore
9. Martin Landajo
10. Nicolas Sanchez
11. Juan Imhoff
12. Juan Martin Hernandez
13. Marcelo Bosch
14. Santiago Cordero
15. Joaquin Tuculet

Ref will be über-cautious about Herera's brainfarts. Hope he's not a liability for the Pumas.

Ref will be über-cautious about Herera's brainfarts. Hope he's not a liability for the Pumas.

Yeah, it's a tough desition. If don't play him the morale of the boys will be hurt. I'm sure he was given a talking to, and I hope he'll take it.

Not that I think the ref's desition was wrong on that play, but still, it was a huge risk for zero reward.

I just noticed that Moroni isn't even on the bench, De La Fuente gets the spot. That's definitively weird since Moroni proved himself as Centre and Wing in the last games.

Not surprised they picked Pocock and Folau. Even if they are only 70-80% fit, it's a semi final of an RWC. They play. It's not like they can save them for the final if they Wallabies lose on Sunday.

^^ This. But I don't expect either player to have the impact they've had in previous games.

Estos muchachos de la Puma-manía son como las mujeres en el mundial de futbol. Quién no tuvo una novia/amiga/tía fanatizada con el futbol durante el mundial, que sabia de memoria el fixture y hasta la formacion de Trinidad y Tobago hasta el 12 de julio dia de la final y a partir del 13 de julio no entendia mas que carajo era el futbol?. Lo mismo pasa con los veletas exitistas y el mundial de rugby. Cada 4 años aparecen los fanáticos del rugby, caídos en paracaídas presentando sus planes de alto rendimiento para los proximos 20 años del rugby. Diciendo como armar un liga profesional en Argentina en solo 5 minutos, dictando las pautas. Esa gente no sirve, porque el primero de noviembre, una vez que termino la fiebre mundialista ya se olvidaron del rugby y vuelven a ser los futboleros de toda la vida. Conozco 200 casos de esos.

Por eso esta bien que se le de prioridad a los clubes de rugby, los que bancan este deporte durante los 365 dias, y no a esos que compran entradas cuando el equipo gana o durante los mundiales, porque si despues ese equipo se come 50 puntos con Australia, a esos no los ves. Son los primeros en burlarse y usar el hashtag #derrotadigna en las redes sociales, dicho sea de paso, Hasta el Rugby Championship habian 300.000 de esos en las Redes sociales, hoy son todos Pumas y visten sus relucientes camisetas Nike. Si Australia llega a jugar su mejor partido con la capacidad que tiene y hace 60 puntos, son los primeros que van a salir a decir que el rugby es elitista, que derrota digna, que nunca ganaron nada, que el maximo logro es apenas un tercer puesto, que el rugby no es tan grande como el futbol, etc,etc,etc.

Last edited:
It's already happening, and it's been going on for a while now...

Lanus (doing quite well in 2nd div), Berazategui, Berisso, Glew, Ezeiza.... All low- middle low- class places that have a rugby team in buenos aires rugby union.

Some people like to think argentinian middle class is in extincion even when by 2012 the world bank states the oposite http://www.bancomundial.org/es/news/press-release/2012/11/13/argentina-middle-class-grows-50-percent . So either the low classes are playing rugby or the middle classes are growing or a bit of both. what is clear is that a particular kind of middle class is hopefully in extinction.

And yes we'll always have some unstable fans, we have those on every sport including soccer, tennis, basketball, and so on. But those "fevers" always bring new permanents and even if the ratio is 1 out of 10 it's good and should be welcomed.

Estos muchachos de la Puma-manía son como las mujeres en el mundial de futbol. Quién no tuvo una novia/amiga/tía fanatizada con el futbol durante el mundial, que sabia de memoria el fixture y hasta la formacion de Trinidad y Tobago hasta el 12 de julio dia de la final y a partir del 13 de julio no entendia mas que carajo era el futbol?. Lo mismo pasa con los veletas exitistas y el mundial de rugby. Cada 4 años aparecen los fanáticos del rugby, caídos en paracaídas presentando sus planes de alto rendimiento para los proximos 20 años del rugby. Diciendo como armar un liga profesional en Argentina en solo 5 minutos, dictando las pautas. Esa gente no sirve, porque el primero de noviembre, una vez que termino la fiebre mundialista ya se olvidaron del rugby y vuelven a ser los futboleros de toda la vida. Conozco 200 casos de esos.

Por eso esta bien que se le de prioridad a los clubes de rugby, los que bancan este deporte durante los 365 dias, y no a esos que compran entradas cuando el equipo gana o durante los mundiales, porque si despues ese equipo se come 50 puntos con Australia, a esos no los ves. Son los primeros en burlarse y usar el hashtag #derrotadigna en las redes sociales, dicho sea de paso, Hasta el Rugby Championship habian 300.000 de esos en las Redes sociales, hoy son todos Pumas y visten sus relucientes camisetas Nike. Si Australia llega a jugar su mejor partido con la capacidad que tiene y hace 60 puntos, son los primeros que van a salir a decir que el rugby es elitista, que derrota digna, que nunca ganaron nada, que el maximo logro es apenas un tercer puesto, que el rugby no es tan grande como el futbol, etc,etc,etc.

Wish I could speak German

Estos muchachos de la Puma-manía son como las mujeres en el mundial de futbol.

I will translate just the first sentence for the viewing pleasure of non Spanish speakers:

"These guys from the Puma craze are like the women at the Football (Soccer) World Cup."

I think these sentence alone says it all.

Latest posts