• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: England vs. Ireland (27/02/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't England win a trophy today by beating Ireland?

The Millennium Trophy its called, although it was never mentioned by ITV nor was the presentation covered.

I don't have much of an ego.

I just understand that the laws allow you kick the ball in a ruck and they disallow "reckless" actions.
That means, necessarily, that either: 1) kicking the ball in the ruck isn't reckless, or 2) the laws are hypocritical.

Unless the ball is on or under a players head, or the player attempting to kick the ball runs in and swings his leg back to kick it, it's not reckless IMO.

I don't have much of an ego.

I just understand that the laws allow you kick the ball in a ruck and they disallow "reckless" actions.
That means, necessarily, that either: 1) kicking the ball in the ruck isn't reckless, or 2) the laws are hypocritical.

Unless the ball is on or under a players head, or the player attempting to kick the ball runs in and swings his leg back to kick it, it's not reckless IMO.
And I understand that you can still be reckless while playing within the rules of the game, that had been my point the entire time. The way in which Brown violently and repeatedly kicked the in that ruck was negligent and reckless and that's why a ban should follow in my opinion.

I'd say leave it there! Enjoy your win, much deserved, maybe have a little less interest in my cock next time you beat us...

The way in which Brown violently and repeatedly kicked the in that ruck was negligent and reckless and that's why a ban should follow in my opinion.

Of what? The amount of care which you are to afford other players is dictated by the laws - if the laws state that your action is legal, then how can your action be negligent?

There are no circumstances specific to that ruck which preclude kicking the ball as a legitimate action as far as I can see... if there were, specify them.

Not seen the game yet but happy with the win yada yada yada

I have, however, seen a clip of a trysaving tackle by Jack Nowell on Robbie "For some reason the Irish think he's a really good outside centre" Henshaw.

Who was it who was saying that he was gonna be steamrolling everyone? He got Cornish Pastied.

Of what? The amount of care which you are to afford other players is dictated by the laws - if the laws state that your action is legal, then how can your action be negligent?

There are no circumstances specific to that ruck which preclude kicking the ball as a legitimate action as far as I can see... if there were, specify them.
His negligence in how he kicked at the ball has resulted in him breaking a law. (10.4 (c) Kicking: A player must not kick an opponent) If you don't agree that it was foreseeable that swinging his feet at the ball 5-6 times in less than two seconds is reckless and it could be for seen he'd end up kicking his opponent like he did that's fine and we won't agree on that, it'd be a rather illogical stance though.

- - - Updated - - -

Not seen the game yet but happy with the win yada yada yada

I have, however, seen a clip of a trysaving tackle by Jack Nowell on Robbie "For some reason the Irish think he's a really good outside centre" Henshaw.

Who was it who was saying that he was gonna be steamrolling everyone? He got Cornish Pastied.
He completely outplayed Joseph, who if I remember correctly is due to be the best 13 in Europe by now, today!! :D

Mike Brown is a numbskull he deserves to be yellow carded in every game, he's a liability.

I picked England to win this match earlier in the thread but only by 3 points.
I think Ireland are steadily getting worse and they desperately need their injured players back.
I think England are steadily improving and this was still a big result for them to give the home fans optimism about finding a way back from the RWC result.
Eddie Jones is working miracles and Wales had better be on their best game if they want to be the first Welsh team to win back to back matches at Twickenham since 1978.
Great see Captain Hartley put in a big shift.

I honestly think we will beat England , I think we have the more talented players players around the park, in fact there's is nobody apart from Watson on the wing that I'd replace with anyone with Wales, England have bullied teams so far but they will find a team that is stronger physically in Wales but that jmo

His negligence in how he kicked at the ball has resulted in him breaking a law. (10.4 (c) Kicking: A player must not kick an opponent) If you don't agree that it was foreseeable that swinging his feet at the ball 5-6 times in less than two seconds is reckless and it could be for seen he'd end up kicking his opponent like he did that's fine and we won't agree on that, it'd be a rather illogical stance though.

- - - Updated - - -

He completely outplayed Joseph, who if I remember correctly is due to be the best 13 in Europe by now, today!! :D
Using other people's heads as a doormat is literally what makes rugby great you Oirish bastid. But still Poite h8s England.

Luckily Wales are insignificant to the English.
We want to beat Ireland and we want to beat France.
The others are just "also ran"s.

How come he lost, then?

How come players can out play players in certain positions and still lose, I've seen parisse been mom many times on a losing team so really your comment holds no substance what so ever does it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a fact , search yourself deep down you know you are scarred by losing to us in your OWN World Cup

Sounds like a cop out in case you lose to the Dragons.
Are you that scared of Wales?
Put your faith in your Aussie coach and your Kiwi captain.

I'm so confident we will beat you at twickers AGAIN that if not I'll never comment on here again, fancy that bet?

- - - Updated - - -

Come on big English rugby man

- - - Updated - - -

Don't let the side down now

Never under estimate the Welsh, if you then you have lost already. :cool:

Remember you won't be allowed to comment if you lose which you will:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts