• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: Wales vs. France (26/02/2016)

Of course he does, why blame the players for ****ing about in the scrum when you know the ref is English? I'm really sick to the back teeth of this anti English attitude prevelant among Celts.

Soak it up. It'll be an easy win tomorrow and in 2 weeks. Then gloat. All the time.

Was great to see some young fresh French forwards come on to make their debut tonight! This Six Nations is certainly showing what the game has in store for the future.

Well, it was really disappointed with the attacking play of France. I know this is a young and experienced team, but still they showed nothing. Camping 15 mins in Wales 22 at least without achieving anything was ridiculous, while the clock was winding down.

Ah well, onto Scotland next.

Its always nice to be a side that gets the win but i agree withe the 1 dimensional direct approach to attacking.

As much as I love seeing the athleticism involved with kicking an up and under and recovering its such a bore when thats the only counter attacking option we give - We kick so frequently.

Does anyone else ever wonder how Jamie Roberts manages to keep all limbs and bones intact after a game? Whilst Ive always preferred a "creative 2nd fly half" 12, he don't half put in a physical shift. With the collisions he's involved with, he's gonna be bed bound by the age of 50 surely?

I think there were two things proven today.
One is that Wales have the best Defence in the NH by a country mile.
The other is the severe lack of depth in our Centres. Without JDII, we have the human battering ram, that is Jamie Roberts (in attack and defence), and Corey 'I'll be with you in a minute, just waiting to get injured' Allen. (excuse the spelling of his name please)

I thought Cuthbert had a good game, we missed Gogo Gadget (Charteris) at the mauls (although Bradley Davies was far better than I was expecting), and the sooner 1/2p gets fit again the better. (Not because of Liam Williams, but more to help Biggar before he does 3 laps of the pitch whilst doing the can-can before every kick).

Also enjoyed the Brian Moore/Jonathan Davies duo as usual. Both say it as it is, unlike the awful team I listened to on the England U20 v Ireland U20's game beforehand (Which England threw away)

I'd question that. England have not had a try scored against them whilst Wales have had 2 scored by Scotland alone.

I'd question that. England have not had a try scored against them whilst Wales have had 2 scored by Scotland alone.

Yes, but you question anything that doesn't agree with your extremely blinkered views. I gave up worrying about them long ago.

Tbf I'm not sure tonight taught us much about the Welsh defence - French attack didn't offer much!

The other is the severe lack of depth in our Centres. Without JDII, we have the human battering ram, that is Jamie Roberts (in attack and defence), and Corey 'I'll be with you in a minute, just waiting to get injured' Allen. (excuse the spelling of his name please)

I thought Cuthbert had a good game, we missed Gogo Gadget (Charteris) at the mauls (although Bradley Davies was far better than I was expecting), and the sooner 1/2p gets fit again the better. (Not because of Liam Williams, but more to help Biggar before he does 3 laps of the pitch whilst doing the can-can before every kick).

Also enjoyed the Brian Moore/Jonathan Davies duo as usual. Both say it as it is, unlike the awful team I listened to on the England U20 v Ireland U20's game beforehand (Which England threw away)

Can't really prove anything of that nature on one game alone, particularly against a lacklustre French side. Not to mention that 10 points were the same margin Ireland conceded against France last week, except they did so in France, while Wales did it at home, surely the easier ask so surely, logically, Ireland must have the better defence...

Also, what, Scott Williams doesn't count?

Wales conceded tonight as well...

If Wales have the best defence then so do France, and England are out of their league....

I think we'll see after tomorrow who has the best defence among European sides! It has been Ireland for the last two years and nothing in my mind has shown that it's not yet, unfortunately they're the worst attacking side too. The problem is that when we meet Southern Hemisphere opposition our defence crumbles Ireland and Wales, down plenty of first liners, were both poor in the quarters (Fourie Du Preez try was enough to show Wales' weaknesses) and England, France, Italy and Scotland were all less than stellar also. Defence might win a six nations for now but until the time the best attack reigns supreme we're going to struggle against strong SH sides.

Once again Wales were ridiculously good at cheating around the set piece. Their maul defence is a thing of beauty. Players blatantly drifting around the side and stifling the attacking drive are somehow never pinged. I'd love to know their secret.

Yes, but you question anything that doesn't agree with your extremely blinkered views. I gave up worrying about them long ago.

Blinkered views? We have had no tries scored against us yet, you have had 3. 2 of those came from a side we kept tryless. We have had 18 points put past us, Scotland exceeded that in 1 game against you. How about you stop being such an arse?

Few expected a French win yesterday evening in a poor match in Cardiff. However, there were one or two encouraging signs from a young French team who were more or less permanently under the cosh from a bigger and much more physical Welsh side.
I thought Guirado and Poirot had good games - with Poirot filching a bit of ball from the Welsh.
The set scrum held it's own quite well against the heavier Welsh pack.
The backs were a disappointment, however, and could find now way past the hard tackling Welsh. Plisson has had three games now and will probably give way to Trinh-Duc in Edinburgh.
And Wales? Very workmanlike -AWJ and Bradley are probably the best 2nd row in the 6N, but the backs seem to lack creativity - just bosh, with little elusive running (think of Shane Williams & Gerald Davies) but I fear it will be enough to defeat England.

Personnally i think everyone well almost everyone have been very harsh against the French time. Difficult to forget the PSA era and last night the French were so much better. Of course the attack is sterile to a certain degree but then Plisson should not be there and FTD will probably start v Scotland. The defence was pretty sharp and a very lucky try by Wales made the difference. The high ball towards the wingers also needs lots more work, Wales gathered far too many balls from that little exercise.
There is a very long way to go for France to start contesting major ***les but work in progress is happening, this will take time, any other team selecting so many youngsters would have the same problem. Wales were the better team on the night they kept the ball for long periods and France could only defend although they did that remarkably well.This is a new dawn for France after several years in the mire, as i have often said Rome was not build in a day and progress is being made, but one word needs to be understood here and that is PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he does, why blame the players for ****ing about in the scrum when you know the ref is English? I'm really sick to the back teeth of this anti English attitude prevelant among Celts.

I don't care where the ref is from, its got nothing to do with being anti English, he could be from another bloody planet, fact is he was ****e again last night and needs to step down as an International ref, give him a season reffing in the Championship.
Barnes messed up and spoilt the game as a spectacle, he has a responsibility to the paying public as well as the TV audience. Its comments like yours that turn non English fans against England, what makes you so touchy ?

I don't care where the ref is from, its got nothing to do with being anti English, he could be from another bloody planet, fact is he was ****e again last night and needs to step down as an International ref, give him a season reffing in the Championship.
Barnes messed up and spoilt the game as a spectacle, he has a responsibility to the paying public as well as the TV audience. Its comments like yours that turn non English fans against England, what makes you so touchy ?

What utter nonsense.

Latest posts