• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: Italy vs. Ireland (11/02/2017)

What's the name of that Italian Celtic looking centre? He was ginger with a beard. I haven't seen him since last 6N. I remember seeing him against England and he played his guts out - one of the few stand out Italian players in my memory.

That's the one. What's his story? I don't know much about Italian rugby at all but I do remember being thoroughly impressed with him

That's the one. What's his story? I don't know much about Italian rugby at all but I do remember being thoroughly impressed with him

Im not sure actually, but I was too... he was really looking sharp, and highly effective as a 12, especially defensively. Havent heard much about him since though

I saw on reddit that he semi retired and is now player coach of a 4th tier French club.

From Wales thread

"Retired from international duty and became a player coach in the French 4th division. Only aged 32. A complete waste of a solid squad player particularly as we are utterly abject and bereft of all options at 12 with Mclean. I'm hoping O'Shea finds some way to combine Benvenuti & Campagnaro at centre, but he seems insistent on having a kicker at 12 and it's unclear if he made any effort to retain Garcia."

There is a big drop off to an out of position McLean. Garcia was composed, consistent and decent in defence. Not a superstar by any means but boy we could do with someone of his quality.

Having become the 1st team to score a losing bp in the 6n, we have a golden opportunity to be the first side to score the 4 try bp too... There's a bit of ****ty pub quiz trivia in the making.

Ireland could butcher their chances like last week against Scotland and still put 50 on the Italians.

This is going to be a long game for them.

Bizarre to me that Campagnaro isn't accommodated in that backline regardless of player style preferences. I think he's a fantastic player and could actually make something from nothing.

Bizarre to me that Campagnaro isn't accommodated in that backline regardless of player style preferences. I think he's a fantastic player and could actually make something from nothing.
Couldnt agree more, it seems strange that a talented player cant make it into such a weak team. He is surely worth throwing out there. Luke mclean will never win them a match so why even bother. Italy need a much more high risk high reward approach as they currently dont have the strength across the field to match other teams at their own game

Niall Scannell starts. This could be a beautiful start for him. Think he'd be suited to this game

Surprised that Sarto and Campagnaro don't feature in this team.

That was actually a relatively nice version of 'Ireland's Call', fair play to the marching band.