• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: Italy vs. Ireland (11/02/2017)

Feels a bit double. Penalty try and yellow can be given, but to see yellow for Ireland after continious infringement by Italy and no yellow feels a bit...mmmm

Ok for the try, but the sin bin?

After Italy were warned and kept getting off with it...

Great leg drive for the try.

Parisse blatantly tried to do what you just binned Ryan for, just because he failed does that mean he should have gotten away without even a penalty advantage?

Feels a bit double. Penalty try and yellow can be given, but to see yellow for Ireland after continious infringement by Italy and no yellow feels a bit...mmmm
[TEXTAREA](b) Foul play by the defending team. The referee awards a penalty try if a try would probably have been scored but for foul play by the defending team.
The referee awards a penalty try if a try would probably have been scored in a better position but for foul play by the defending team.
A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts. The defending team may charge the conversion kick after a penalty try.
A player who prevents a try being scored through foul play must either be cautioned and temporarily suspended or sent off.[/TEXTAREA]

That is where I'm confused. No issue with Ireland binning or pen try but Italy have had 11 offside calls (obviously not sll awarded as pens) all in their own 30.

[TEXTAREA](b) Foul play by the defending team. The referee awards a penalty try if a try would probably have been scored but for foul play by the defending team.
The referee awards a penalty try if a try would probably have been scored in a better position but for foul play by the defending team.
A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts. The defending team may charge the conversion kick after a penalty try.
A player who prevents a try being scored through foul play must either be cautioned and temporarily suspended or sent off.[/TEXTAREA]

Yes, i know.

100% agree here. It was a binning. I think he's more on about continuous infringements down other end. In fact I'd applaud Jackson he went straight to posts first time. Great reffing

honestly i'm thinking jackson was reffing knowing that ireland was going roll over italy here... what's the point of binning an italian if you think ireland was going to score anyway and then continue to poor it on

you have more leeway with repeated infringments and cyncial infringements than you do with a yellow for a penalty try

you'd like to not have that type of refereeing at the six nations but it has been a blowout

Italy are crap and we haven't even reached the usual 60 minute collapse. Seriously why are the powers that be so opposed to removing Italy from the competition? In rugby terms they really add nothing. When we hear adjectives used to describe Italy they tend to be things like plucky, passionate, having heart, it's never things like skillful, precise, intelligent, accurate...

Italy are crap and we haven't even reached the usual 60 minute collapse. Seriously why are the powers that be so opposed to removing Italy from the competition? In rugby terms they really add nothing. When we hear adjectives used to describe Italy they tend to be things like plucky, passionate, having heart, it's never things like skillful, precise, intelligent, accurate...

I also think that Italy have not gone forward whilst the NH is the strongest it has been for a while.

cause every once in awhile they win a game and bring great shame upon that nation

Some very generous refereeing for the Italians, out of pity it seems. I find it unpleasant and will watch the second half once the main match in Europe today is finished, Spain vs Russia!

honestly i'm thinking jackson was reffing knowing that ireland was going roll over italy here... what's the point of binning an italian if you think ireland was going to score anyway and then continue to poor it on

you have more leeway with repeated infringments and cyncial infringements than you do with a yellow for a penalty try

you'd like to not have that type of refereeing at the six nations but it has been a blowout

Don't disagree with any of that and it's possible thats the truth. As I said I don't think anyone has any issue with Ryan card. I haven't seen it back but if it was him then he got carded correctly.

On game Scannell started his time in green superb but our pack looks alot more dogged. Hard to gauge exactly though

Ringrose simply isn't physically developed enough yet to be an effective international centre, he'll be dropped once Payne is fully fit.

Latest posts