• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: England vs Italy (26/02/2017)

Why did he blow the whistle before the ball was put down?
If there wasn't crossing he wouldn't be able to award the try and it'd have to be an England scrum

Here's a question, if there's no ruck and defenders are allowed to stand where they like, are they allowed to just walk round and pick the ball up?

No, laws of the tackle still apply and you have to come through gate to play ball or player playing ball. I thought cole should have been penalised.

So if teams finish with equal match points does it still come down to points difference in the new system?

@Groundhog you might have a point to look at it from that perspective, although to be honest I'm not sure it makes them look any more viable as a rugby nation, it may just do the opposite.

Still, agree that talking point shouldn't be Italy's tactics so much as England's mental failure to deal with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. The tackler could though, presumably

Yeah it happens a lot in sevens where a team only brings one Rucker. Tackler will try to poach from behind the offensive player standing over ball since their teammates are most likely not challenging the ball.

Over the top of George Ford. Wouldn't have happened to Sexton.

I really just can't believe this stuff. Campagnaro is a really good player, but Ford really can't defend. Like he just can't I don't care what people say he's just a doormat

Latest posts