• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Romania vs Uruguay (24/11/18)

amz

Bench Player
Country Flag
Romania
Club or Nation
Romania
daFCYgK.png

5SovqEQ.png
j7lEIMe.png
6lWr3GZ.jpg

Venue: Ghencea 2
Time:
14:00 EET local
9:00 UYT (UTC -3)
12:00 GMT
official stream: www.rugbytv.ro

What is going on with Uruguay? They had a strong run of performances earlier in the year and secured RWC qualification and now they are stinking out the joint.

Perfect timing for a young and experimental Romania.

What is going on with Uruguay? They had a strong run of performances earlier in the year and secured RWC qualification and now they are stinking out the joint.

Perfect timing for a young and experimental Romania.

I think is perfect time for Uruguay to try their first win vs Romania. Oaks squad:

Props: Ionel Badiu (Romains), Alexandru Savin (CSM Bucuresti), Alexandru Gordas (CSM Bucuresti), Constantin Pristavita (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare), Laurentiu Nica (Universitatea Cluj)

Hookers: Eugen Capatana (Timisoara Saracens), Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens), Florin Bardasu (CSM Bucuresti)

Locks: Johan Van Heerden (Perpignan), Adrian Motoc (Agen), Marian Drenceanu (Timisoara Saracens), Marius Iftimiciuc (Timisoara Saracens)

Backrow: Cristian Chirica (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare), Damian Stratila (CSA Steaua), Adrian Ion (CSM Bucuresti), Razvan Ilisescu (Blagnac), Mihai Macovei (Colomiers)

Scrum-half: Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua), Tudorel Bratu (CSM Bucuresti), Valentin Calafeteanu (CSM Bucuresti)

Fly-half: Tudor Boldor (CSA Steaua), Daniel Plai (CSA Steaua)

Wings: Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua), Robert Neagu (CSA Steaua), Vladut Zaharia (Timisoara Saracens)

Centres: Tangimana Fonovai (CSM Bucuresti), Florin Vlaicu (CSM Bucuresti), Vladut Popa (Timisoara Saracens), Alexandru Bucur (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare)

Fullback: Catalin Fercu (Timisoara Saracens), Ionel Melinte (CSA Steaua), Paul Popoaia (CSS 2 Baia Mare)

I thought Fercu had a good first half at centre, so I'm a little surprised if he will be moved to fullback as Melinte did okay (although there were positional issues in the second half).

Come on amz, you can't be picking Uruguay in cold and muddy conditions? I think Uruguayan weather can be wet, but not cold.

Fercu can play in any position in backs. He even played scrum-half for Timisoara when all their scrummies were injured. Now he is injured and need a rest (concussion apparently)

xPayfFl.jpg

Good match this. 13-13 at the half. Uruguay showing more of their form and resilience from earlier in the year and they'll be delighted how their forwards are manning up.

Romania had a lovely try and I can die happy having seen Plai doing one of his patented pin point kicks for a try. Young Melinte & Zaharia in the backline again showing promise and Lievremont seems to be tactically sound.

You were right Amz. Although that will be no satisfaction to you. Uruguay defended admirably and got 14 points from interceptions for a historic last second victory. Promising for the RWC to see Uruguay put in a strong performance away from home.

Set piece was again a big issue for Romania and you could see them stabilise when the experience of Vlaicu came off the bench. Their back so won't get experience overnight so I wouldn't be changing course too much if I was the Romanian coach. Take it on the chin and take the same players into the REC.

Latest posts