• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales (09/03/2019)

Worryingly, I actually thought Scotland played decent in France in relation to the limitations of their lineup. The pack fronted up really well and I thought Horne had one of his better games (albeit I don't think he is international class). The really young guys all had good games too. France were just too good and Scotland had zero cutting edge.

Hence my negativity for this fixture. Sure Finn and another scrum half could make a sizeable difference, but not the huge improvement that would be required.

I thought Kinghorn and Gary Graham also did well. Thank goodness Hogg's loss is mitigated to a large degree by Kinghorn who in spite of the results is looking like he can cut it on the international stage.

I do think there is a correlation between Scotland's poor away record and the lack of leaders/battle hardened warriors in the squad.

Did Gatland name his side this early for the previous games? I'm wondering if it's a display of supreme confidence, indifference at which side the Scots select or because picking the same side that beat England (Beard in for Hill) was predictable and a no brainer?

Did Gatland name his side this early for the previous games? I'm wondering if it's a display of supreme confidence, indifference at which side the Scots select or because picking the same side that beat England (Beard in for Hill) was predictable and a no brainer?

Gats has stated that he announced it early as the players had enough on their minds what with the regional cluster-frikk... so he wanted everyone to know the 23 for Saturday so that was one less thing to dwell on.

Gats has stated that he announced it early as the players had enough on their minds what with the regional cluster-frikk... so he wanted everyone to know the 23 for Saturday so that was one less thing to dwell on.

Cheers. Possibly a wee dig at the WRU as a by product.

I know it looks grim, but I'm still picking the Scots for a nice, much-needed win this weekend... Wales' luck can't hold forever, right? Are they really getting to, what would it be, 13 in a row?

Don't think the Scots will win but can always hope. Having said that Wales have not looked consistently good through this tournament and I think a loss wouldn't come as much of a surprise. Wales now feel like England did at the tail end of our winning streak, winning poorly and putting in the odd good game but ultimately not feeling overly convincing.

I see a similar outcome to the Scotland v Ireland game with Wales establishing a lead and using their superior forwards to maintain it and see the game out. To have a hope of winning Scotland really need to sort their 12/13 issue and get big performances from the likes of Watson, McInally, Skinner, Russell and Kinghorn.

I see a similar outcome to the Scotland v Ireland game with Wales establishing a lead and using their superior forwards to maintain it and see the game out. To have a hope of winning Scotland really need to sort their 12/13 issue and get big performances from the likes of Watson, McInally, Skinner, Russell and Kinghorn.

McInally is another one who has been subdued. He was electric at times last year. Maybe people have just wised up to his speed and mobility.

...I think I just heard that Kinghorn leads all players this 6N in total meters, so he's already doing a lion's share... Here's hoping!

He's certainly seized his opportunity so far at this year's 6N and proved that he can play well at this level. Let's see how he does against Wales and England.

McInally is another one who has been subdued. He was electric at times last year. Maybe people have just wised up to his speed and mobility.

He's maybe just in need of a rest. With the likes of Brown out injured until recently, McInally has played a lot of rugby for club and country.

...I think I just heard that Kinghorn leads all players this 6N in total meters, so he's already doing a lion's share... Here's hoping!

Best not talk about a Scottish player doing a LIONS share or you'll set me off about the Scottish share of Lions. :p

Best not talk about a Scottish player doing a LIONS share or you'll set me off about the Scottish share of Lions. :p

Gatland hates the Scots and still hasn't forgiven Townsend for declining the opportunity to assist Howler. Who the hell does Townsend think he is?! :D

People talking about Wales winning poorly. Am I the only one that thinks their performances have reflected on the quality of the opposition they have played?

They looked good against and improving SA. Poor against a poor Australia. Poor against Italy and a shambolic France but then good against a really good England team? Is it more a case of they are doing what is needed to win games?

As said a few pages back I wouldnt be shocked if Scotland one and that was before the regional cluster thats hit but I do think Wales are just flat out winning games without having to get out of the gears needed.

Latest posts