• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Scotland (06/02/21)

I have no faith in Scotland kicking on from this, just get over confident and softer than ever.

Obviously shocking weather but their phase play attack is pretty awful. Not helped by their halfback play. Suspect certain players will get impatient against teams that actually want the ball.

Things I'm hoping for today:

Lawrence has a breakout performance that puts him in the Lions conversations.
May takes sole possession of second place on the all-time England try scorers list.
Genge and Stuart prove we have enviable depth at prop.
Wilson does a Wilson.
Binny has a line break (just one).
Daly catches a high ball (just one).
And kicking. Please god, let there be some kicking! :p
No...

Credit to Scotland, wanted it more.

We were a special kind of turd today to hide the worst refereeing performance in decades.

The Sarries players all looked so out of sorts and should not have played.

Can't wait for Eddie's excuses.

Don't think Jones will learn anything from that. The favourites will stay no matter how bad their performances get. He will refuse to accept questioning of his methods and we will just see this repeated 4 more times...

I'm stunned at how bad England were. If you're 11-6 down at home with much of a half to play, you absolutely should be able to get the points to win the game. To just peter out for 30 minutes was dreadful. Hopefully it's the kick up the backside these boys need.

Hey, waitaminute! I'm viewing this all wrong. This is exactly the same as last year, when we got a losing bonus point on opening day and that proved to be the key to winning the ***le.

Eddie has a plan! :) I hope...

England have flirted with this atrocious brand of rugby for a while and today they hit the pinnacle of dire. I cannot fathom what Jones is trying to get these players to do. Why include players like Ollie Lawrence if you aren't going to get him the ball? One carry for 3 measly metres. Garbage.

Well played Scotland should have been a bigger margin. There were worries that Saracens spine wouldn't have match sharpness and would suggest it's now proven you'll stuggle at international level if you're not playing at a decent level week on week out.

Were just a collective shower today, rabbits in the head lights etc. Not bad players over night, so hoepfully a kick up the backside. Billy V and Daily were particularly shocking today but othet than LCD no one really came out with any credit today.

England have more to worry come the France game, There's a hell of a lot of work to do

Keep that performance up and it ill be embarrassing

I'm stunned at how bad England were. If you're 11-6 down at home with much of a half to play, you absolutely should be able to get the points to win the game. To just peter out for 30 minutes was dreadful. Hopefully it's the kick up the backside these boys need.
It needs more than a kick up the arse for me.

A one-off defeat because of complacency wins a kick up the arse, but we've been pretty bad for a few games now and got away with it by scraping wins.

Serious questions need to be asked about some of the senior players.

Do we actually have an attack coach? That's a genuine question, I've lost track since Wisemantle left.

Latest posts