• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Italy vs England (13/02/22)

Yeah, Itoje or Isiekwe will go 6, Ewels at 5 and Chessum to bench.

Not really looking forward to this at all, just expecting to see Stuart, Youngs and Daly again with Rodd, Blamire, Heyes and Radwan dropped and probably just Nowell in for Marchant again. What's the point of having young talented players in the squad and just bringing them in when there are injuries. This would have been a perfect chance for Barbeary, Quirke and OHC but no let's stick with the usual players who don't perform tim after time. Smith and Steward and France jave shown it's not a terrible thing to bring youth through so why can't we.

I swear to **** if Youngs plays more than 45 minutes of rugby then I will **** in Eddie's letter box
How insane would it be if EJ started Randall at 9 and then had Youngs on the bench. Your 9 gets some good experience and you have experienced SH on the bench ready just incase!

Naa wouldnt work, as we'd lose unless youngs spends 78 min LEADING the team and doing crisp quick delivery!

How insane would it be if EJ started Randall at 9 and then had Youngs on the bench. Your 9 gets some good experience and you have experienced SH on the bench ready just incase!

Naa wouldnt work, as we'd lose unless youngs spends 78 min LEADING the team and doing crisp quick delivery!
Honestly I could see him starting Randall and subbing him after we go a try behind 10 minutes for an "injection of blistering pace"

Honestly I can see a scenario where that happens and Smith benches for the rest of the comp, killing his confidence
Honestly i doubt it would kill his confidence because he would ip the tempo on every game and likely come up with at least a few bits of magic.

That said he 100% should be starting.

Radwan and OHC would tear through a tired Italy but we will instead get to see a Youngs box kick display with the rest of Jones' favourite backs out of position as usual.

Disservice to Italy imo.
Yep; if a seasoned and prolific international like Penaud wasn't able to 'tear through them' then I see no reason why OHC or Radwan would be able to. While I think a bit of rotation can be afforded, teams aren't going to be able to just send out a 2nd XV or a load of youngsters against Italy and expect a win this year.

Latest posts