• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Scotland vs England - 24/02/24

When Cole and Genge (latter been out of form) are your most consistent players on game day you know it's been turgid.

I could pick it apart further but don't think there's much need, England deservedly got nothing from that match and I don't think Scotland were at their best either yet in the end still comfortably put England away.

Blue is the colour, rugby is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'Cause Scotland, Scotland is our name

He's been offering more so far in this comp

Offered a carry
Furbank was worth a try, but it isn't saints
Meh, I am not anti steward or pro furbank. I think Steward probably has the higher ceiling.

But he still isn't offering much outside the high ball, not so much I would say he is irreplaceable especially when performances have been dogwater first two games, Furbank had one shot and wasn't terrible when we ran with steward when he was offering even less for over a year. Both are worth persisting with.

But when you arent offering distribution or carrying at a high level yet and you are not very quick, your place in a blitz defense team at fullback is questionable. Currently, furbank fits better if the first portion of the game is how we actually want to play, if its back to borthball then yeah steward is miles ahead.

Meh, I am not anti steward or pro furbank. I think Steward probably has the higher ceiling.

But he still isn't offering much outside the high ball, not so much I would say he is irreplaceable especially when performances have been dogwater first two games, Furbank had one shot and wasn't terrible when we ran with steward when he was offering even less for over a year. Both are worth persisting with.

But when you arent offering distribution or carrying at a high level yet and you are not very quick, your place in a blitz defense team at fullback is questionable. Currently, furbank fits better if the first portion of the game is how we actually want to play, if its back to borthball then yeah steward is miles ahead.
Steward to 12, alongside Smith and Freeman.
Back 3 of IFW, Furbank and Muir.

Start with some hungry players who can get better.

Ollie lawrence has been dog water, Daly as invisible as ever.

These players are good, in the prem and europe they show up and can play good rugby. We knew this was coming though, most did not expect to win the last 3 games.
Just no, Daly probably shouldn't be an international now but he didn't have a bad game, he was a pretty big part in Englands opening try, had a good few touches, great distance in the clearance, just stop looking at him as a scape goat, England aren't exactly playing a consistant stlye that lends itself to wingers looking great, OL wasn't great today but having just returned from injury you can't really critise to harshly.

Lots of positives. England building with France and Ireland to come. Then summer games that i think are against Japan and two tests vs The All Blacks.

So should be about 1 from the six by then. Should bump up the win percentages.

It's a amazing talent borthwick has…

Turning proper talent into dross in such a short number of weeks.

I wonder how long the fans will put up paying to watch this dross.

Just a heads up each England player got paid £23k for this match, whilst the grassroots teams are struggling to fund themselves.

gone exactly the same way as the football, players picked only turning up for the paycheques

Scotland fair winners,
Game full of mistakes from both sides ,Englands far more costly.
Ref was merh for both sides as always homesides gain advantage of merh.
England desperately need an attack coach rather than looking at our players who need to have a known plan attack of first phase seems a huge option but we fail to constantly do this.
Heyho roll on next week.
For me
Roots out,
Hopefully Michell, M.Smith fit.
Martin in at 6.
Call in Mercer at 8 move Earl to 7 .

Scotland fair winners,
Game full of mistakes from both sides ,Englands far more costly.
Ref was merh for both sides as always homesides gain advantage of merh.
England desperately need an attack coach rather than looking at our players who need to have a known plan attack of first phase seems a huge option but we fail to constantly do this.
Heyho roll on next week.
For me
Roots out,
Hopefully Michell, M.Smith fit.
Martin in at 6.
Call in Mercer at 8 move Earl to 7 .
Mitchell is out for two months….

Latest posts