• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 17th 2010, Second Tri Nations Test

Were the Boks Ripped Off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were working so well last year, what happend? :/

Now that you are talking from the head instead of the heart, I'm prepared to debate with you.

First - the breakdown interpretations last year meant that kick-chase-pressure-turnover (KCPT) was a viable game plan.

Second - this year the breakdown interpretations changed, beginning with Super 14

Third - the two best South African Super 14 teams (Bulls/Stormers) were quick to realise that KCPT was no longer going to work as well, so they changed their game plan. The result of that is now history.

Fourth - the iRB liked what they saw, and decided to introduce the interpretations world-wide in June.

Fifth - in the mean time, practicing catching the high ball has been made top of the All Blacks priority list.

Sixth - PDV coaches the Boks to use the same old game-plan, KCPT, in an environment where it was less likely to work.

Now, even if the KCPT plan was viable, the Boks now no longer have the necessary skills in the right places on the park to make it work;

► No Fourie du Preez (fat-boy Januarie isn't a 10th as good as du Preez. How he starts ahead of Ruan Pienaar I cannot understand)

► Bryan Habana appears to have lost a yard or two of speed and was often absent on defence. Where was he when "old man" Mils was scoring in his corner.

► Jan de Villiers is a centre, and PDV has him on the wing. Hello?

► Morne Steyn has been shown up as not that flash without the fast accurate service he got from du Preez. He's also slower to turn than an 18 Wheeler. "Old man" Mils "smoked" him when he scored his try.

Last edited:
So some troll-like Bokke supporters think they got a raw deal from Rolland aye?

Well you ain't seen nothing yet. You got Bryce Lawrence next week along with Keith Brown and Vinnie on the sidelines.

Bryce tends not to take any **** these days, especially after the bollocking he got from Paddy for failing to recommend a red card for that that dirty little eye-poking toe-rag Burger in the second Lions test last year.

If they try any of their usual stuff at Brisbane, you know, kicking players on the ground, stomping on their hands, sticking fingers in their eyes, head-butting them, shoulder charging them in the head, biting their ears, spitting and sucker-punching; the sort of stuff they are becoming famous for, then Brycie baby is going to bin their arses before they can say "Justice 4 Bakkies"

Good luck in Brisbane... you're going to need it....

PS: I can smell something.... its... its... its........ 49-NIL!
buttkick.gif

Haha that's nasty Cooky :lol:

Quite the venomous tongue aye...:D

The weird thing is that what we have seen now, is what we have been saying for weeks now. Jean de Villiers should be on the 12 position, Aplon on the wing and Januarie on the couch at home watching the match on tv.

By the way... I watched the Sharks-Bulls match this weekend and I have to say that there are a lot of players who would do better than the Boks that played against the All Blacks. Also some talent I've seen gives me hope for next year. Daniel, Lambie, Mvovo and Hargreaves would do better than their counterparts in the Bok-side. Even Terblanche would do better than Kirchner for instance.

Why Olivier is playing, I will never understand. Why ***** James is still part of the squad is lost by me. Pienaar should be in the starting 15 any day compared to Januarie. Even as a replacement of Kirchner he's better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening Charles.

I have no problem with most South African supporters; guys like Steve-o & , Ezequiel, who can debate in level headed fashion, and take a loss on the chin.

Those who post from a "poor me" approach, insisting that the referee is a cheat/was bought off, that they penalise the Boks for every tiny thing, while letting their opposition get away with everything, or claiming that the whole world is in cahoots and conspiring against South Africa, well they can just go to blazes.

Just a small fact for that latter group

Penalties awarded for:
Round 1: South Africa 12, New Zealand 5
Round 2: South African 10, New Zealand 9

New Zealand were penalised 57% more over both matches!!!.

Thanks cooky. It also bugs me when people act like they are the victim. We can all agree that the yellow card for Rossouw was harsh and that McCaw was lucky to get away with a warning, but that was not the reason we lost yesterday. The reason the All Blacks won is simply because they were better, more focussed, more agressive (in a normal way) and their communication just seemed better.

It hurts to see, especially after a stunning Tri-Nations campaign last year but we missed the boat moving on into the new decade it seems

Well done to New Zealand for TOTALLY outplaying South Afrca. You can not expect South Africa to beat New Zealand if the coach does not pick the best players in the best positions. You do not see Jean De Villiers playing wing for any team never mind the Springboks! You do not see the All Black play Conrad Smith on the wing. Januarie can't even make the Stormers starting line-up but he is Springbok first choice!??? John Smit is and has been a great captain but that should not guarantee him a place in the Springbok team. He has done stuff all at the Sharks for a couple seasons now! There are at least 2 hookers better than him and Victor Matfield deserves a chance to captain the main Springbok team not the fringe players. John Smit I am afraid should have bowed out after the British Lions tour. At TEST level you need to be spot on if you want to win, you can not afford to be 2% off or else you will fail! Wake up PdV!!!!
I believe there is a bit of unhappiness in the squad with regards to selection and this is causing frustration amongst the players and unhappiness in the squad.

New Zealand on the other hand has taken a few lessons from last season, adapted to the new laws and excelled. WELL DONE!

Yes 50/50 calls have gone NZ's way but they deserved them, they were more disciplined and made their own luck just like SA did last year!

I doubt SA can win the Tri Nations from here but they can turn it around if SNOR chooses the right players in the right positions. Ruan Pienaar, Andries Bekker and in fact the Bok team looked great when Pienaar and co came on. Suddenly the Springboks strung 10 and more phases together and that was no coincidence!

Where the hell is Francois Steyn, Kirchner showed this weekend that he is not of International standard with his weak defense and aimless kicking!

I just hope that SNOR loses all his next few games if he keeps with these selections and a better coach gets appointed for the next world cup. Bring back Jake White!!!!

The current Springbok coaches are clowns and the team looks like a circus! Rather interesting how Dick Muir is an assitant coach and he has the shi... record in losing every match in this years S14.
What has PdV done? He is so lucky to have such a strong bunch of players. I have said this and am going to say it again but Robbie Deans would do great things with the Springboks if he coached them!

Last edited:
SAVAGELEZ your back!

the springboks are a mystery at the moment
world champions tri nations holders beat the lions

then with the same players as last year implode

I am really curious what will happen for the next 4 matches. I sincerely hope some big changes will be made in the squad as well as the line-up. We know Bakkies won't be playing in the Tri-Nations anymore but to me Januarie, Smit, Fourie, Olivier, Kirchner, Ralepelle and James are not Springbok material. Smit has been an outstanding captain the last couple of years but lately it's more an old man hopping around with a belly in stead of a strong hooker. Januarie is not good enough even to be first choice for his club and he's the first backup at the Bok-squad for du Preez? Unbelievable. Barbie Girl Jaqueline Fourie is absolutely adding nothing to the squad besides some blind running and losing the ball. Why not give someone else a chance? What did Fourie do to be selected time and time again? He's like the Emile Heskey in rugby. Olivier, Kirchner and Ralepelle really lack both quality and personality to bring something extra to the team and for these there also has to be at least 6 players more suited. Last but not least is Butch James. That guy is the international logo for the term "Over the hill". Whenever he comes on, all he does is looking for a way to cause a fight. We saw that last week.

In this weekend's Currie Cup matches I've seen a couple of players who definitely deserve a chance.

Bjorn Basson (Griquas)
Michael Rhodes, Keegan Daniel and Craig Burden (Sharks)
Francois Hougaard, Gerhard van den Heever, Dewald Potgieter (Blue Bulls)
Dewaldt Duvenhage, Tiaan Liebenberg, Juan de Jongh (Western Province)
Juan Smith, Heinrich Brüssow, Wian du Preez (Cheetahs)

So many players that deserve a chance if you look at the lack of quality brought by the current squad lately.

I am not saying these players will bring us the World Cup next year, but everything is better than the washed out players mentioned above.

Last edited:
SAVAGELEZ your back!

the springboks are a mystery at the moment
world champions tri nations holders beat the lions

then with the same players as last year implode

Lovely to be back! Not blowing the SA trumpets for obvious reasons. All Black are back on top and unless there are some radical changes as mentioned in my post above they will stay there! With regards to your statement regarding the same team. Wrong - Fourie Du Preez was scrum half, Frans Steyn was Full Back, Jean De Villiers played centre, Heinrich Brussouw was Flank, Juan Smith was the other flank, Beast was prop, Bismaark Du Plessis was hooker, JP Pieterson was wing. That is 8 changes to the starting line up alone. Definately not the same team!!!!

brussow is injured is smith avalable? and the beast is avalable aswell so is styne de villers was its just th ecoaching has messed it up

what i meant is that majority of the resources are still there just not being used

Yes, you are right. Resources are there even with injuries. The coach really has no clue! 90% of people have made the same suggestions re frans Steyn, Ruan Pienaar and Jean De Villiers for example. Snor must be really arrogant or just plain stupid??!!

I think stubborn is the right word in this case. PdV is a nightmare as a national coach. What I don't understand is Dick Muir just accepting everything. I cannot imagine these line-ups being his idea.

I just hope Ruan Pienaar and Gio Aplon get a chance against Australia. The bad thing is though, even if they play an awesome match, there will always be doubt if they would have done the same against the All Blacks. That will just be another excuse for PdV to say that the Australia side isn't as strong as the New Zealand side and therefore Aplon and Pienaar will play well.

Hmm, dark times for the SA rugby fans.

I hope you guys get back on trail for the WC.

I've not been impressed with Gurthrö Steenkamp maybe a return for the Beast?

Well, Beast is eligible again to play so maybe he will get a start against the Aussies. Totally ridiculous by the way that the South African government decides he's not eligible anymore for the national team because of some stupid procedure he has to go through. Anyway, that's all in the past now. Beast can play again but knowing PdV he will probably try Matfield as a prop next week

I don't speak snake, can you say it in English? :p

Olyy i try, had to edit half that post man, some of it was in english and half of it in afrikaans and as you noticed some of it in snake language too. :p

Eish (sssss) another Yellow card, personally i thought it was soft but thats just the way it is with these NH Refs you can't even look at your opponent, JDV was lucky though. Anyhow slightly better performance by the Boks but the All Blacks still outplayed us in all parts and all credit to them. Daggs try was impressive!

Spies got almost everything pace, strength etc. just lacks a bit of stamina but more importantly AGGRESSION, he looks like a big wimp with ball in hand...slow and no direction, Lumo always had the look like he wanted to kill you he didn't want to run in space just plain over you. On the flip side..I'm clueless why the Pdaddy uses him on 1st phase ball?? instead play a few phases and get in between the 10-13 give the man some open space to run at not where all the congestion is around the rucks! ,maybe we need a grafting nr. 8 at game where we are likely going to be on back foot same with Morne Steyn, James would have been better suited for this game. Didn't think Burger was that bad (ratings on Rugby635) just not as good as hes usual high standards. And still to many rubbish high kicks, WE CAN'T PLAY A KICKING GAME WITH KICHNER AND JANUARY , Neither of them can kick!! too many High ball gone too far.

I think its safe to say this years Tri Nations belongs to NZ, 2 bonus points is massive!
I CAN see the Springboks win their home games but not with bonus points, not with this one dimensional play we got going on! On the bright side its a good wakeup call, hopefully for future games the coach have now noticed that Pienaar is far better Scrumhalf than January (wishfull thinking)
We really miss, Bismark, Fourie and F.Steyn. Hoping to see Aplon and De jong get a start next week.

Pretty Depressing weekend with the Bulls loosing too if i don't post again it meant i threw myself over a "brug".

Last edited:
I just hope Ruan Pienaar and Gio Aplon get a chance against Australia.

With de Villiers out due to his suspension, you would have to think that Aplon is favorite to take his spot... but PDV is selecting the team, so .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts