First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Russia.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
United States.png

Russia vs. United States 23/11/13, 15:00 GMT Allianz Park, London, England

Referee: Marius Mitrea (Italy)

The Bears take on the Eagles in a neutral site game. One would expect the United States to continue their succesful November with a win here agains a Russian side struggling to find their form.

Here's our lineup. 18 year old prop ***i Lamositele gets his first start.

Men's Eagles | v. Russia
1. Nick Wallace
2. Phil Thiel
3. ***i Lamositele
4. Tai Tuisamoa
5. Samu Manoa
6. Todd Clever (C)
7. Scott LaValla
8. Cameron Dolan
9. Robbie Shaw
10. Adam Siddal
11. Tim Maupin
12. Andrew Suniula
13. Folau Niua
14. Blaine Scully
15. Chris Wyles

Men's Eagles | Reserves
16. Zach Fenoglio
17. Olive Kilifi
18. Eric Fry
19. Graham Harriman
20. Derek Asbun
21. Shaun Davies
22. Seamus Kelly
23. Luke Hume

Depressing when people born in 1995 are starting to make their debuts...

Interesting Maupin gets the nod again over Hume...and that Davies gets screwed to the bench again for the ringer Shaw...btw Siddall's name missing an L above.

Last edited:
Russia :
1. Grigory Tsnobiladze (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
2. Valery Tsnobiladze (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
3. Evgeny Pronenko (Enisey-STM, Krasnoyarsk)
4. Alexander Voytov (VVA Saracens, Moscow Region)
5. Andrey Garbuzov (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
6. Alexander Khudyakov (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
7. Pavel Butenko (Enisey-STM, Krasnoyarsk)
8. Viktor Gresev (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
9. Anton Ryabov (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
10. Sergey Sugrobov (Slava-CSP, Moscow)
11. Vladimir Ostroushko (RC Kuban, Krasnodar)
12. Dimitry Gerasimov (Enisey-STM, Krasnoyarsk)
13. Igor Galinovsky (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
14. Vasily Artemyev (Northampton Saints, England)
15. Ramil Gaisin (Enisey-STM, Krasnoyarsk)

16. Vladislav Korshunov (VVA Saracens, Moscow Region)
17. Alexey Volkov (VVA Saracens, Moscow Region)
18. Innokenty Zykov (Enisey-STM, Krasnoyarsk)
19. Denis Antonov (Slava-CSP, Moscow)
20. Artem Fatakhov (Agro-Strela, Kazan)
21. Yuri Kushnarev (RC Kuban, Krasnodar)
22. Andrey Otrokov (Krasny Yar, Krasnoyarsk)
23. Denis Simplikevich (Enisey-STM, Krasnoyarsk)

Interesting Maupin gets the nod again over Hume...and that Davies gets screwed to the bench again for the ringer Shaw...btw Siddall's name missing an L above.

It is interesting about Maupin. I figured they were going with him for his bigger size against the big Georgian side but now this doesn't make as much sense.

Does anyone know about TV or streaming for this match? It's not listed on the IRB site.

Oxford University vs Russia

Someone knows where I can get the Oxford Russia November 12?
Thanks

It is interesting about Maupin. I figured they were going with him for his bigger size against the big Georgian side but now this doesn't make as much sense.

Does anyone know about TV or streaming for this match? It's not listed on the IRB site.

If you find one post here please, I've been searching with no luck.

Eagles came out on top 28-7 in this one. I didn't catch any of it and am not sure if there was even a broadcast of any kind, hopefully one of the American or Russian posters can elighten us a little on the match.

boy, it sure seems like the US Eagles have had a swell month of November, haven't they. They beat Georgia, had a reasonable result against the Maoris, beat Russia easily on the road here..

boy, it sure seems like the US Eagles have had a swell month of November, haven't they. They beat Georgia, had a reasonable result against the Maoris, beat Russia easily on the road here..

The Eagles generally have good EOYT's if you look at previous results, their players make themselves available for tests and they tend to peak around this time of year. I wonder what kind of squad they'll use against Uruguay, I'm guessing they'll just call up a couple of pro's for the 1st leg in Montevideo and if things are a little tighter than expected perhaps some reinforcments will be called in for the game in the States. I can't see them losing to Los Teros, perhaps the away leg will be remotely competitive but over two games the quality of the Eagles should show through.

Russia have been incredibly unimpressive, not sure where they go from here, it's going to be a slog to secure the repechage spot even, (Georgia and Romania are locks for Europe 1 and 2 based on this November and last years results). There simply isn't any part of the Bears game that looks like a strength, made worse by some of their better players not being called up to the side.

I couldn't watch it of course, but followed updates on twitter which mostly were just score updates. Usa Rugby promised to upload the entire match to youtube for delayed viewing, however.

So I guess it will be Here when available.

Last edited:
in deed, as we've said before, they looked promising participating in their first ever RWC, managed some fine plays there despite 0 win. But then it's been nothing much after that...

For Immediate Release
November 23, 2013

Dear USA Rugby fans,

The Eagles' match against Russia Saturday was one of the team's best performances in a year, a 28-7 win against a tough team desperate for a win. Unfortunately for anyone not at Allianz Park, the match was not available for view.

Both Russia and ourselves were keen to broadcast this match as it was a rematch of Russia's first entry into the Rugby World Cup in 2011 and a Tier Two matchup that would test our boys to the fullest extent. Domestically, we did not have the platform to make it happen. We agreed to webcast the game on USA Rugby TV, but were told late in the week prior to the match technical issues would force a significant increase in price of the stream. Reluctantly, we both agreed the cost was prohibitive and we would not stream.

USA Rugby has improved immensely in recent times in terms of making its events available to the masses. All national championship events this year were streamed, including collegiate and club championships, while the IRB Nations Cup was streamed live over the course of two weeks in Colorado.

I am personally disappointed we could not web stream our national team's match live and that the only alternative was to upload our analyst's video to our YouTube channel. In the future, we will not be playing games in Europe where we cannot get an appropriate feed and will do better by having more control over the broadcast elements of our fixtures.

We recognize seeing rugby live on television or through a stream is the greatest catalyst to growing the game. Therefore we appreciate your criticisms and enthusiasm—it highlights Americans' dedication and passion to exposing our country to rugby.

Let us not overlook our team's performance today; Georgia's win against eighth-ranked Samoa this afternoon showed just how far the squad has come in a very short time. Your support at home matches like the ones against Ireland in Houston and the New Zealand Maori All Blacks in Philadelphia have not gone unnoticed by all involved with growing the game in the United States.

Thank you,

Nigel Melville
Chief Executive Officer & President of Rugby Operations
USA Rugby

http://www.thisisamericanrugby.com/2013/11/usa-rugby-statement-on-eagles-russia.html

Once again, the Russian Rugby Union officials have shown their contempt for the players and fans of the Russian team. Over the past years, the team plays all their test matches and games in ENC at away and neutral - it's a shame! We are not the England team or North Wales team, we are the Russian team and we have to play in Russia: in Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Penza, Rostov and so on. Shame and shame again.

Once again, the Russian Rugby Union officials have shown their contempt for the players and fans of the Russian team. Over the past years, the team plays all their test matches and games in ENC at away and neutral - it's a shame! We are not the England team or North Wales team, we are the Russian team and we have to play in Russia: in Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Penza, Rostov and so on. Shame and shame again.

This a thousand times this!!!

Credit to the USA for taking a stand both against Colwyn Bay and no coverage of the game. As white bear says, Russia's governing body is a joke for a number of reasons. For their incapability to host November games, the worst coverage of any top 20 rugby nation, the farce of the Sevens RWC, their commitment to the most uncommitted coach in international rugby, their utter failure to build anything on the foundation of a maiden RWC appearance and their CEO's frequent and ridiculous bull**** statements about how "Russian rugby is on the rise".

I hope they get their fixtures against PNC sides removed until they sort themselves out and can host games properly. Compare the atmosphere in front of 20,000 in Tbilisi, Tokyo or Toronto to what it must have been like here. The Russian CEO on Twitter claimed it was a "crackling atmosphere" by the way, just to illustrate the point of how much **** he talks.

usa-v-russia-international-match-20131123-175727-089.jpg

USA-Russia match video

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts