• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v England - 19 August 2023

Ireland appear to enjoy playing, it looks like a chore for England
Biggest difference between top teams the middle is how comfortable they are with the ball. South Africa and Ireland run hard, run straight, move the ball, and get ready to do it again. England wales seem scared to possess it. SA and Ireland look to make tackles, England and wales wait for them.

I thought this problem was with Eddie Jones, but it's still going on. Winning or losing, they have these moments where England just make a mess of it. Not sure if it's a discipline thing or just a poor attitude.
They hired eddies protoge and expected differnt results. Differnt perspective was needed.

You actually think anyone in this team has the charisma or noggin to lead one?
If Farrell doesn't go then Ford absolutely does,
But if he's there (and he will be) he won't, and Farrell won't overrule his coach (especially not one that was also, once upon a time, his captain)

Smith but not sure how many he would take along with him. Farrell seemed to have the players support previously as a leader maybe there is not enough others with a brain to cotton on

I know you're an admin so there's no point reporting you, but I would
I reported it - expect a disciplinary hearing next week, and some inept Aussies let him off with it.

Then an official appeal by the webhost the week after when they refuse to accept that.

Scandalous behaviour.

I reported it - expect a disciplinary hearing next week, and some inept Aussies let him off with it.

Then an official appeal by the webhost the week after when they refuse to accept that.

Scandalous behaviour.

The Aussies are on the ball today - it must have timed out well with their 5 minutes on the jail computer to conclude the hearing already.

Unsurprisingly, he's completely let off.

Now just wait on the Webhosts to step in....

Thats the big difference. No Wilkinson, no Kay, no Robinson, even players like Easter and Moody seemed to have more about them. Borthwicks team as a coach looks a lot like his team as captain. Player discipline all over the place, occasionally playing well but always getting turned over by the better teams. I feel a bit for players like Itoje, Ford, George, Watson who should be enjoying being the senior players in a firing international team like the Irish,Saffa, and even Scottish players but instead they are part of another "rebuilding" process that follows a pattern of high penalty counts and underwhelming performance.

Biggest difference between top teams the middle is how comfortable they are with the ball. South Africa and Ireland run hard, run straight, move the ball, and get ready to do it again. England wales seem scared to possess it. SA and Ireland look to make tackles, England and wales wait for them.
And Scotland, they seem like they want to play rugby. To enjoy it and play for each other.

Thats the big difference. No Wilkinson, no Kay, no Robinson, even players like Easter and Moody seemed to have more about them. Borthwicks team as a coach looks a lot like his team as captain. Player discipline all over the place, occasionally playing well but always getting turned over by the better teams. I feel a bit for players like Itoje, Ford, George, Watson who should be enjoying being the senior players in a firing international team like the Irish,Saffa, and even Scottish players but instead they are part of another "rebuilding" process that follows a pattern of high penalty counts and underwhelming performance.
This is the thing. Jones got rid of anyone who might stand up to the coaches. Possibly the best bet is Care.

I'll say one thing for finn Russell, he always seemed to have a grin on his face
Watched him a few years ago tearing up Tigers in a European cup game. It was fantastic to watch even as a Tigers fan. He plays with a lot of freedom and you can see that in Scotland's performance but then Townsend was a similar player.

Tbh, this just comes down to the RFU making a clanger of a choice in hiring brothwick, Eddie wasnt working, a change was needed, they went with a continuaton candidate who learned under eddie with little experience who hasnt shown much ability to adapt styles at club rugby. Bill sweeney needs to go.
It felt like they were told by someone it had to be someone English.

Maybe next week, just pick 23 of the players and tell them to go out an play rugby, at least we might see some enthusiasm and enjoyment.

It felt like they were told by someone it had to be someone English.
I'm pretty sure they said that when they hired Eddie: that the next coach would be English, and part of his role was to find, and train, his successor. In that regard Borthwick was the obvious choice for them, even if he did quite a lot earlier than I think they wanted

How about
1 Marler
2 Walker
3 Sinckler
4 Martin
5 Ribbans
6 Ludlam
7 Curry
8 Willis
9 Care
10 Smith
11 Watson
12 Lawrence
13 Marchant
14 Arundell
15 Daly

16 Dan
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Chessum
20 Earl
21 Mitchell
22 Manu
23 Malins

How about
1 Marler
2 Walker
3 Sinckler
4 Martin
5 Ribbans
6 Ludlam
7 Curry
8 Willis
9 Care
10 Smith
11 Watson
12 Lawrence
13 Marchant
14 Arundell
15 Daly

16 Dan
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Chessum
20 Earl
21 Mitchell
22 Manu
23 Malins
Honestly doesn't make a difference who they put out there at the minute. The whole things a mess and it's not down to individual selection to change that

Genuinely think this is the worst England team I've ever seen. 5 hours since a back scored a try. Absolutely pathetic.

Latest posts