[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Luke Fitzgerald[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Vincent Clerc[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
well hopefuly at home we can score a good progressive win!

i am waiting for the match.. this will be hard match as well as enjoyable

This is a huge game for Ireland and a win is now becoming paramount. Its time to get the bigs guns out and in this game and the one against England we should play our first choice teams and simply swap certain players that our in high competition for a starting place e.g Start Sexton against France and ROG against England.

We have seen glimpses of Ireland's second string team's capabilities but we have lacked penetration, good ball retention and an 80 minute performance. We have seen some positives and some very good individual performances however now is the time to put in a performance that will get us the result we need to build momentum into the world cup.

XV de France :

Heymans - Médard, Rougerie, Estebanez, Palisson - (o) Skrela, (m) Parra - Bonnaire, Picamoles, Ouedraogo - (Cap.) Nallet, Papé - Mas, Szarzewski, Poux

Quite happy with this team, although I'm a bit afraid for Rougerie. 1 Month ago he could barely walk.

XV de France :

Heymans - Médard, Rougerie, Estebanez, Palisson - (o) Skrela, (m) Parra - Bonnaire, Picamoles, Ouedraogo - (Cap.) Nallet, Papé - Mas, Szarzewski, Poux

Quite happy with this team, although I'm a bit afraid for Rougerie. 1 Month ago he could barely walk.

Oh oh spaghetti-ohs

A player in the mould of Riki Flutey, but a bit quicker and more dangerous with ball in hand

not as good as Jauzion in my opinion

Jauzion in his prime, yes. Much better than Jauzion at the moment. Am I right that the French centers are very similar players?

Jauzion in his prime, yes. Much better than Jauzion at the moment. Am I right that the French centers are very similar players?

I wouldn't say so. Estebanez is more of a playmaker, kicks quite well and can gain a few metres, whereas Rougérie is pure pace and stregth, not much passing.

Clerc is tied as the top tryscorer of any international team against the Irish, with eight. He can take the solo lead.

Looks like Kidney is going to mix it around again and well give some lads a last chance.

Still a very strong French side and should provide another big test for Ireland

My Ireland team would be (subject to availability):

1) Healy
2) Flannery
3) Ross
4) O'Callaghan
5) O'Connell
6) O'Brien
7) Wallace
8) Heaslip
9) Boss
10) Sexton
11) Earls
12) Mcfadden
13) O'Driscoll
14) Bowe
15) Jones

16) Best
17) Court
18) McLaughlin
19) Ferris
20) Murray
21) O'Gara
22) Kearney

That is basically a first choice team with a few players fighting for first team places being swapped around for this and the England game.

Still a very strong French side and should provide another big test for Ireland

My Ireland team would be (subject to availability):

1) Healy
2) Flannery
3) Ross
4) O'Callaghan
5) O'Connell
6) O'Brien
7) Wallace
8) Heaslip
9) Boss
10) Sexton
11) Earls
12) Mcfadden
13) O'Driscoll
14) Bowe
15) Jones

16) Best
17) Court
18) McLaughlin
19) Ferris
20) Murray
21) O'Gara
22) Kearney

That is basically a first choice team with a few players fighting for first team places being swapped around for this and the England game.
Good team, except I doubt we will be putting out as much of a full strength team, with the England game in mind.
Is Bowe fit? I had heard that he mightn't be in which case we might see Jones or McFadden on the wing, with Murphy or even Duffy at fulback ( I think he was in the training squad).

Whats the story with Kearneys knock hopefully Jones starting with Murphy on bench and starting the England match.

Want Murray to start as well lookede very good last time.

Doubt BO'D wil play so PO'C captain and hopefully Bowe 13 if fit if not I really wanna see Fitzy there.

Good team, except I doubt we will be putting out as much of a full strength team, with the England game in mind.
Is Bowe fit? I had heard that he mightn't be in which case we might see Jones or McFadden on the wing, with Murphy or even Duffy at fulback ( I think he was in the training squad).

I have selected this team based on if players were back from injury. I believe it is time to start building momentum to the world cup and I think we should have a first choice team out for both the last two teams as we have had second string teams out for the first to games. We need to start seeing results and performances and we need to give players who are in high competition for first team places a chance to show what they can add to the team.

line outs were dreadful last time until O'Connel came on although Best mis-threw it a lot. i would like to see a bit more flannery and a lot less Buckley

Latest posts