• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [3rd Test] (25/06/2016)

Yeah! Especially after last week's performance, that Bok back line is devastating when they get space.

Just think back on familiar altitude and with Earls and TOH starting will enhance attacking. Defensively we will be tested.
BOKs do look like they've evolved a bit too in selections

Just think back on familiar altitude and with Earls and TOH starting will enhance attacking. Defensively we will be tested.
BOKs do look like they've evolved a bit too in selections

We have indeed. I just think we caught a glimpse of what we can do last week. Every week there is progression, and the newly capped players are hungry to show us what they've got. I also think that our forwards on the bench will be a massive boost. The inclusion of Kitshoff and Kriel will be a massive boost, and will speed up our game in the second half.

But like AC said yesterday, we can't afford to get so far behind as last week, as it's unlikely that we'll be able to do the same as we did last week.

Port Elizabeth is a happy hunting ground for us too, and we've only lost there once in tests, against the B&I Lions when it was still Boet Erasmus Stadium.

We have indeed. I just think we caught a glimpse of what we can do last week. Every week there is progression, and the newly capped players are hungry to show us what they've got. I also think that our forwards on the bench will be a massive boost. The inclusion of Kitshoff and Kriel will be a massive boost, and will speed up our game in the second half.

But like AC said yesterday, we can't afford to get so far behind as last week, as it's unlikely that we'll be able to do the same as we did last week.

Port Elizabeth is a happy hunting ground for us too, and we've only lost there once in tests, against the B&I Lions when it was still Boet Erasmus Stadium.

The saying goes "Records are made to be broken" I hope this is not the case and we smash the Irish , we are the springboks , we are South Africa a proud rugby nation that always want more of the team , now it is time for the Boks to deliver and send the AB a message that we will not be easy points come the rugby championship

I always said that though it'll take 12 months before AC can truly be judged.
There will be another hammering or 2 in rugby championship but they have to try stay united

I think the base is there to work from player selection wise but we need to remember that this team hasn't had a lot of time together and I see it as three seperate elements coming together here; there is a strong Lions and Johan Ackerman infuence. Those players are new to the Bok setup and it'll take time to come together, the there is the old guard that are used to a totally different Bok setup under HM and then AC has his own ideas on how the team should be functioning.

Here's hoping we can at least scrape a series win on home soil and keep the upward curve though I use the term very loosely as two games can't really be seen as making a curve.

Hard to think Ireland didn't blow their chance last week. Schmidt has done nothing but impress but I think this has to be beyond him given the injury circumstances (and his refusal to select some top in form backs from Connacht).

Hard to think Ireland didn't blow their chance last week. Schmidt has done nothing but impress but I think this has to be beyond him given the injury circumstances (and his refusal to select some top in form backs from Connacht).

In fairness to Schmidt (and I do slate him over selections) he has got selections bang on. Even last week I'd say he achieved in keeping it close at altitude.

Don't know how I feel about that. Eyes fixed on the ball it must be said, but he's lucky given recent precedent.

His eyes were fixed but he went with just one arm. How was he ever going to catch the ball with just one hand.

- - - Updated - - - @Aotearoa_
He was clearly never going to catch the ball with just reaching out with one arm.

Last edited by a moderator: